TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt500Kr Post Title Options

Here's what the KR "should" have been at the time of release.....

Everything the car came with plus the following:

- TVS blower

- Carbon fiber rocker panels

- CSM numbered sill plates

- 19" Alcoa rims

- GT500KR floor mats

- 6 piston brakes

- KR car cover

I agree with these options, and if the 18s were 19s, that would have been great!!! and would have fit the 6 piston brakes. I do like the 20s a lot better than the 18s.

Hey Folks,

Been a while since I've been on the forum but saw this thread and wondered if the upfit package is still available from SAI in Las Vegas? If so, I might have the conversion done...

I believe the package is available, but in pieces. Since the KR model is now retired and some of original upfit part may no longer be available. I'm piecing mine together. I've done the floor mats (no longer available), Carbon Fiber rockers and dash gauges. I have plans for a TVS this year and perhaps the brakes next year, but those brakes are expensive. I'm also in the process of completing my Shelby color matching interior upgrade through Gary Disney. It's best to call SAI and ask for the person who deals with the KR items. It used to be Brian Turner, but he's in a different department now.

AK.

• 1 year later...

Here is the latest information from Shelby American

"Although the KR Upfit package hasn’t officially been closed, Shelby American hasn’t built one in quite a while because of the supercharger being no longer available from FRPP. Now that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t consider building one if a KR owner located an NOS FRPP supercharger for us to use in the upgrade."

DWS

Here is the latest information from Shelby American

"Although the KR Upfit package hasn’t officially been closed, Shelby American hasn’t built one in quite a while because of the supercharger being no longer available from FRPP. Now that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t consider building one if a KR owner located an NOS FRPP supercharger for us to use in the upgrade."

DWS

To be fair I made the above statement quite a while ago so to re-post it and call it the "latest information" could be confusing. Keep in mind that when that statement was made SAI had a different sales director, a different SPP director, a different production director, possibly a different CEO and also a speed shop on the premises so things could have and most likely have changed.

Best to call the Shelby sales department for a current answer on if SAI would install a KR Upgrade package if you supplied a NOS TVS blower.

Steven

To be fair I made the above statement quite a while ago so to re-post it and call it the "latest information" could be confusing. Keep in mind that when that statement was made SAI had a different sales director, a different SPP director, a different production director, possibly a different CEO and also a speed shop on the premises so things could have and most likely have changed.

Best to call the Shelby sales department for a current answer on if SAI would install a KR Upgrade package if you supplied a NOS TVS blower.

Steven

I acquired a 2008 GT500KR a month ago and if added some upgrades like would have been offered in 2008 is there any value in having SAI install them compared to another shop?

I acquired a 2008 GT500KR a month ago and if added some upgrades like would have been offered in 2008 is there any value in having SAI install them compared to another shop?

Value is difficult to determine as its the buyer who determines that. But lets say you have two identical KR's for sale and both cars have had some performance upgrades. One car had the upgrades installed by SAI/SPP and the other car has the upgrades installed by Pep Boys. Which car would most buyers be drawn to? A car with a SAI/SPP invoice or a car with a Pep Boys invoice?

Which takes us right back to the value question, what amount would buyers pay for the SAI/SPP upgraded car over the Pep Boys car? $10 $100 $1,000 $10,000 Only the buyer can determine that.

Steve

I believe I have seen a couple SAI upgraded KRs for sale. I say I believe because I never called SAI to verify. These KRs were significantly priced above what a typical KR is priced at. As far as I know they did not sale.

Edit.

If your building a trophy then have SAI build it.

If you are building a street/track machine then take it to a local shop and get it exactly the way you want it.

If you are building a street/track machine then take it to a local shop and get it exactly the way you want it.

Here is a good example of a a SA trophy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142108104485

I think this is the most modded KR I have seen. Everything was touched. Awesome car!

I believe I have seen a couple SAI upgraded KRs for sale. I say I believe because I never called SAI to verify. These KRs were significantly priced above what a typical KR is priced at. As far as I know they did not sale.

Edit.

Swoosh goes the air lol... I know what you mean

If SAI did a true Speed Shop they'd make a crap load of cash. There is a reason why Steeda is still open all these years, selling and installing parts

If SAI did a true Speed Shop they'd make a crap load of cash. There is a reason why Steeda is still open all these years, selling and installing parts

^^^They did, it was called Shelby Motorsports. <<They did all of the "after the fact" Super Snake upgrades that went beyond 50 state emissions legal, cams, full exhaust including long tubes, etc.

R

While the Speedway speed shop is no longer around SPP is able to arrange installation of parts purchased through SPP.

Steve

Here is a good example of a a SA trophy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142108104485

I think this is the most modded KR I have seen. Everything was touched. Awesome car!

^^^^I'm trying to figure out where the "Super Car Upgrades" are on that eBay GT500KR?

I compared the full list of items that the seller listed and they are either standard install, or optional install on a Super Snake. It looks more like "Super Snake upgrades" on that KR? OR maybe this GT500KR owner considers the Super Snake to be a "Super Car"? OR maybe a little of both?? IDK..........

I agree it is a beautiful GT500KR, especially with the Alcoa 20's.............

R

While the Speedway speed shop is no longer around SPP is able to arrange installation of parts purchased through SPP.

Steve

In the past few years SAI has made some odd decisions and this GTE jumps to the top of the list. If I was on the board the Shelby Speed Shop would be opened back up. Check around the country and look in every state and see how many Mustang performance shops there are and who really know their stuff then check to see how long they been open and the number is tiny. You know why Steeda has been open maybe longer than anyone else, they make parts, they sell those parts, and they install those parts. They will install anything on any late model Mustang and even though I don't like them having dealt with them you got to give them credit they know what they're doing! There are many Shelby owners who if needed something fixed in no way in hell would take it to a Ford dealer which is another reason why I would open the Shelby Speed Shop back up. Some of us may have 7, 8. 10 year old Shelby's who might like new performance parts installed even engine swap upgrades so why turn away business. Every single car dealer in the U.S. makes more money selling parts and repairing cars then new car sales this is a FACT and since not everyone can afford $75k to $100k Shelby's is another reason why you want a Speed Shop.

I have some great idea's just wish I could relay them to the right ear's

Archived