TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas 1000 Was A Blast

mikeljgt500kr

Last week my wife and I did the 5 day Texas 1000 Road Rally through the Hill Country. It was great fun, here are some pictures. Two Shelbys there (a Terlingua was supposed to be but was a no-show), my '13 GT350 'vert and a '68 KR 'vert. We had some excitement over all the back roads (we traveled nothing but Ranch Roads, Ranch to Market roads and county/state roads), including a very expensive '69 Ferrari Daytona that hit a white tail at 65mph, but the deer flipped over the car, and it escaped extensive damage. I wore my Shelby "Ferrari's Ass is Mine" 50th Anniversary FIA T-shirt that day, he was not amused. Lots of cattle guards and low water crossing dips to navigate and keep from banging your frame and mufflers. A good time I would recommend to anyone. This was the 17th running.

post-39072-0-92454000-1417030833_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-27050400-1417030853_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-82413800-1417030874_thumb.jpg

Last week my wife and I did the 5 day Texas 1000 Road Rally through the Hill Country. It was great fun, here are some pictures. Two Shelbys there (a Terlingua was supposed to be but was a no-show), my '13 GT350 'vert and a '68 KR 'vert. We had some excitement over all the back roads (we traveled nothing but Ranch Roads, Ranch to Market roads and county/state roads), including a very expensive '69 Ferrari Daytona that hit a white tail at 65mph, but the deer flipped over the car, and it escaped extensive damage. I wore my Shelby "Ferrari's Ass is Mine" 50th Anniversary FIA T-shirt that day, he was not amused. Lots of cattle guards and low water crossing dips to navigate and keep from banging your frame and mufflers. A good time I would recommend to anyone. This was the 17th running.

Great job wearing the Shelby shirt there; he he he

Great job wearing the Shelby shirt there; he he he

One of the Ferrari owners seemed to be clueless about the quote and history of it, but he was pretty young. I always try to wear that shirt when I take a Shelby to our Cars and Coffee monthly gathering, where several Ferraris usually show up. Great conversation starter….. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived