TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

The mods shops will come, but it doesnt happen over night, I have to do licensing deals, standard deals, quality issues, training, a lot hgoes into this, they will carry our name. We have interest in florida, north east, cali and TX, which of those go the distance is not yet decided, but we are seriously trying to get this resolved.

TEXAS, TEXAS, TEXAS! Unique performance would be awesome.

Vista

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to add to the hood debate....BUT...I have to admit...I am really disappointed about the choice of a fiberglass hood. The Shelby GT500 comes with an aluminum hood. Why in the world would someone replace it with an inferior material? If as Amy suggested the C/F hood was in excess of $3K...then does that mean the package was $30K before the change-over (lets assume the fiberglass hood still costs $1K)?

Tom

I hate to add to the hood debate....BUT...I have to admit...I am really disappointed about the choice of a fiberglass hood. The Shelby GT500 comes with an aluminum hood. Why in the world would someone replace it with an inferior material? If as Amy suggested the C/F hood was in excess of $3K...then does that mean the package was $30K before the change-over (lets assume the fiberglass hood still costs $1K)?

Tom

I doubt the fiber glass hood materials alone costs $1,000. The hood pictured here is fiber glass and sells for $479.

Just a curious question, for investment purposes,wouldn't a Shelby vehicle sold through Ford hold its value and increase more, than a ss pkg. installed by SAI without Ford? Seems to me a limited KR(kept original) made for and through Ford, might increase alot more over the long years than a car thats gets upgraded by SAI from individuals personnal cars. Not so much based on hp or just being limited,but by being a shelby car made in conjunction with and through Ford. Things that make you go Hmmmmm?? Just wondering? :shades: ps- excluding some of the boring years of shelby vehicles in 80's and such of course.

This is a very good observation. It is a risky bet investing $80,000+ into a Shelby GT500 Super Snake believing it will increase in value rather than plummet like most all cars do regardless of their history, or performance capabilities. The idea that a 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra with $45,000 invested into it with 50,000 miles on the odometer is now worth less than $15,000 is significant.

The Shelby GT's are not getting the premium the GT500s are right now. The (500) 2006 Hertz Shelby’s are selling for considerably more right now, but they are extremely rare cars and low in production number. Although Ford did make very few Ford GT's (+/-3,500?) and they originally sold for as much as double MSRP, but last year they were selling for right about MSRP at the end of the production.

I believe the current value of a Shelby is more of a short term market demand than a true collector value. Whether you're a collector, or just considering investing another $30,000 into a $45,000+ car makes it tough to lose so much value after such a large investment, so soon after modifying it, providing this car goes the way of most non-collector vehicles. The value has to be with the owner alone and not a collectors market consideration.

I wonder how many people would pay a breakeven $80,000+ for a 2007 GT500 Super Snake in five years that has 40,000+ miles on it?

post-6152-1181251775_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1181251775_thumb.jpg

Thanks Amy, good info. Can you clarify the comment about the "stronger housing" on the rear end? Stronger than what? Stronger than the Mustang GT? Stronger than the GT500? Is the GT500 housing stronger than the Mustang GT housing? I'm just confused about the different housings...can you outline this for us please? Thank you,

Dave

Must be stronger than the GT500, not the Mustang GT! ;)

Jolly Roger, thanks for the fun questions. Speedy, thanks for the translation! :hysterical:

$28k to have one of the sickest GT500s on the planet would be a blast. And rarer than rare. And I love the look, and the legend. Simple, eh?

Hey, an original GT500 went for ~$4500. An original SS was basically the same (with the 427 and stripes) for ~$7500 or 60% of MSRP. Now, you can get a SS for 50% of MSRP, with a heck of alot more mods than the original had. And alot sicker (in a good way). Yeah, if I get my greasy paws on this one, you'll hear alllllll about it!

I have to agree, the SuperSnake package is a decent value for the price (relatively speaking). However, I would not use the "it's an investment" argument to justify the purchase to others (ok...it is justification when telling one's spouse to get the green light). The value of the car will significantly drop as soon as the next body style Mustang is out. There will be no immediate value increase....because anyone can go buy a used GT500 and send it to Shelby to get the Super Snake package for as long as they are offering it. It will take years for the value to build back up and then finally exceed the original "investment". This value increase will be mostly predicated on the people who couldn't afford the package during the timeframe it was offered....anybody else who had the means and inclination to purchase the package would have done so at the time the package was originally offered. Look at the original Shelby's....they could be bought at bargain prices in the mid-70's. My suggestion...buy the package because you want to enjoy the most powerful Shelby Mustang.

Tom

I have to agree, the SuperSnake package is a decent value for the price (relatively speaking). However, I would not use the "it's an investment" argument to justify the purchase to others (ok...it is justification when telling one's spouse to get the green light). The value of the car will significantly drop as soon as the next body style Mustang is out. There will be no immediate value increase....because anyone can go buy a used GT500 and send it to Shelby to get the Super Snake package for as long as they are offering it. It will take years for the value to build back up and then finally exceed the original "investment". This value increase will be mostly predicated on the people who couldn't afford the package during the timeframe it was offered....anybody else who had the means and inclination to purchase the package would have done so at the time the package was originally offered. Look at the original Shelby's....they could be bought at bargain prices in the mid-70's. My suggestion...buy the package because you want to enjoy the most powerful Shelby Mustang.

Tom

+1

What I don't understand is how any one could spend almost $100,000.00 for a Mustang??!!

AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!! I am so sick of hearing about return on investment!!!! If you are looking to make money, invest in aggressive growth or international tech mutual funds, both of which have exceeded classic car appreciation. I plan on enjoying my Super Snake if it devalues the dollar to negative numbers! Also I might add, that Amy has the patience of a saint. I would have killed many of you earlier. Lastly, can anyone use spell check or grammar (not Grandma)? "There" is not "they're", "lose" is not "loose", "effect" is not "affect" and "your" is not "you're"! Sorry for the rant, it's late, I've just arrived at my apartment, my wife and my Shelby are in Florida, and today ..... my life sucks. But.....I am looking forward to my SS package!

:happy feet:

Nah, I think I have covered my current crop. Sad that you and I are on the site at this time. Me, I can understand. but why are you still here?

I've got you both beat. It looks like about 2:45 AM from where I'm sitting and I'll tell you why I'm still up. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to pull together the Super Snake upgrade. It's all I'm thinking about since Amy came through with a confirmation of the pricing.

I've got you both beat. It looks like about 2:45 AM from where I'm sitting and I'll tell you why I'm still up. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to pull together the Super Snake upgrade. It's all I'm thinking about since Amy came through with a confirmation of the pricing.

You can DOOO it!!! :hysterical:

(Quote from "The Water Boy").

ROI is not what I am looking for either. I want to enjoy it for what it is, plain & simple. I really like that it won't be mass produced as I like somethng different & unusual. Appreciation is a bonus, but I figure may not be around for this to appreciate. Or should I say:

Eye wont bee arounde fer thiss too apreeshiyate! :redcard::hysterical2:

Tom

I have to agree. They are are already at a certain price point where a couple thousand more would have little impact. Carbon fiber should be the standard if not at least an option. I'ld rather it be aluminum than fiber glass.

You can DOOO it!!! :hysterical:

(Quote from "The Water Boy").

ROI is not what I am looking for either. I want to enjoy it for what it is, plain & simple. I really like that it won't be mass produced as I like somethng different & unusual. Appreciation is a bonus, but I figure may not be around for this to appreciate. Or should I say:

Eye wont bee arounde fer thiss too apreeshiyate! :redcard::hysterical2:

:banghead: AAAAAAGGGGHH!!!

:banghead: AAAAAAGGGGHH!!!

Now that the parts list is posted, I'm wondering how many of the purist Shelby owners, who plunked down a considerable amount of money to purchase a piece of American made history, will feel about installing parts made overseas in Germany and China.

Now that the parts list is posted, I'm wondering how many of the purist Shelby owners, who plunked down a considerable amount of money to purchase a piece of American made history, will feel about installing parts made overseas in Germany and China.

And what parts are you talking about? the wheels, hood, carbon fiber are all made here.

Amy

Fredmatic,

I would hope that most of them are aware that we live in a global economy that is very intertwined--this is no longer 1960.

Stuart

I'll admit this is SOUR GRAPES, without a doubt..... slept on it for a week but I can't justify $28K for the SS.

When I break SS down into pieces, I came up with the (conservatively priced) list below..........It is what IT IS, of course, but if this serpent were $5K less I'd be queueing up.... problem is, like the lion's share of us I already got HAMMERED on ADM to buy the car !!

Supercharger ................................... $6 K

Wheels & Tires..................................$5 K? (figure $1000 per wheel? $250 per tire)

Suspension........................................$2 K

3.73 rear...........................................$2 K

Brakes...............................................$1 K (new rotors/calipers on front axle only from what's been reported, correct?)

Hood..................................................$1 K (fiberglass, not CF)

CAI....................................................$1 K

So $10,000. for

-Labor

-Short shift

-Gauges & plaque

-Striping, badges

-splitter, rockers

-brake ducts

-lettering

Ahh, well,.... blessed as we are, life is pretty good if my biggest problem is whether or not my Shelby has 500, 600 or 700 horsepower :shrug: ... now that SS seems finalized I most likely will go the route of JLT/cai/evo tune.

Whatever the case, congrats to those who are in position to get the SS/40th pkgs...

You forgot some more details to add...

CF Mirror covers $250

CF front air splitter $500

CF Rockers $1000

FRPP CAI $300

FRPP strut tower brace $200

6-piston Baer Brakes w/Shelby Logos $3000

Bigger Slotted rotors on the front & slotted rotors on the rear $1000

An entire Exhaust System (front to rear) $2000

Seqential tail lights $250

JBA manifiold $????

Upgraded CS interior $????

Light Bar with light for convertibles $????

Paint & labor for the hood $?????

Susupension will be more like $3000 not $2000

You forgot some more details to add...

CF Mirror covers $250

CF front air splitter $500

CF Rockers $1000

FRPP CAI $300

FRPP strut tower brace $200

6-piston Baer Brakes w/Shelby Logos $3000

Bigger Slotted rotors on the front & slotted rotors on the rear $1000

An entire Exhaust System (front to rear) $2000

Seqential tail lights $250

JBA manifiold $????

Upgraded CS interior $????

Light Bar with light for convertibles $????

Paint & labor for the hood $?????

Susupension will be more like $3000 not $2000

The problem here is , yes we all paid ADM's and now we're being asked to rebuild a majority of what is a brand new car...it seems a little absurd. I agree there are some add ons which wouldn't have been stock and would be valuable add ons. But how can anyone justify paying $30,000 to rebuild the majority of a car which already has brand new parts which were paid for with with big dollars. Two things could have been done to change this 1) Build the car as an SS for 2007 2) Could have sold it to us at MSRP so we would have had the money to make these upgrades or part switch outs...this point is the real issue right here. Ford and SAI have created their own marketing nightmare. (Mostly Ford by not taking charge of their children (their dealerships)

The problem here is , yes we all paid ADM's and now we're being asked to rebuild a majority of what is a brand new car...it seems a little absurd. I agree there are some add ons which wouldn't have been stock and would be valuable add ons. But how can anyone justify paying $30,000 to rebuild the majority of a car which already has brand new parts which were paid for with with big dollars. Two things could have been done to change this 1) Build the car as an SS for 2007 2) Could have sold it to us at MSRP so we would have had the money to make these upgrades or part switch outs...this point is the real issue right here. Ford and SAI have created their own marketing nightmare. (Mostly Ford by not taking charge of their children (their dealerships)

I do agree with this part. If all US automakers not just Ford , don't do something soon about the way their dealers are treating their customers or in some cases not treating their customers someday our only choices out there will be from the foreign markets.

Yes, but this is not an ADM thread. I agree that ADM put the hurt on some folks.

I also know and understand that it's relevant to your (and other's) perspective on the car. It's a very touchy subject, even for me (I do not have a '500 yet due to ADM).

So, it's relevant to mine as well. If I don't get one for MSRP, it reduces the chances of this for me. But when you add in all of the things mentioned, and Coldwater's items, you begin to understand that there is no big margin in the car...no huge profit for SAI.

SAI & Ford did not benefit from the ADMs. And while I agree that the dealers are out of control, the free enterprise system that is legal in this country does not make it easy for Ford to address. I also agree that Ford should do something, but what, I do not know.

Also, FoMoCo could not build a niche product like this, they are too big. To mass produce the SS would be a bad idea for a mfr of this size as the SS would be a niche market. Ford would lose money on this. Shelby is just the right size to do this, if you ask me...

So, I guess I would ask......if you did not pay ADM, would this seem worthwhile to you? That is the basis for my assumptions and opinions.

To me, the answer would be a resounding yes.

I'll admit this is SOUR GRAPES, without a doubt..... slept on it for a week but I can't justify $28K for the SS.

When I break SS down into pieces, I came up with the (conservatively priced) list below..........It is what IT IS, of course, but if this serpent were $5K less I'd be queueing up.... problem is, like the lion's share of us I already got HAMMERED on ADM to buy the car !!

Supercharger ................................... $6 K

Wheels & Tires..................................$5 K? (figure $1000 per wheel? $250 per tire)

Suspension........................................$2 K

3.73 rear...........................................$2 K

Brakes...............................................$1 K (new rotors/calipers on front axle only from what's been reported, correct?)

Hood..................................................$1 K (fiberglass, not CF)

CAI....................................................$1 K

So $10,000. for

-Labor

-Short shift

-Gauges & plaque

-Striping, badges

-splitter, rockers

-brake ducts

-lettering

Ahh, well,.... blessed as we are, life is pretty good if my biggest problem is whether or not my Shelby has 500, 600 or 700 horsepower :shrug: ... now that SS seems finalized I most likely will go the route of JLT/cai/evo tune.

Whatever the case, congrats to those who are in position to get the SS/40th pkgs...

Last time I talked to someone @ SAI I asked how much for the brake upgrade. (I'm looking at doing the 40th package.) I was told 8k....thats $8000.00 for the brake upgrade! :o :o :o I said no I'm only taking about the brakes and he said yep that's 8k. So factor that into your equation. I decided that I'll be doing aftermarket power and braking upgrades for my car...on my own. :blink: :wacko: :headscratch:

Last time I talked to someone @ SAI I asked how much for the brake upgrade. (I'm looking at doing the 40th package.) I was told 8k....thats $8000.00 for the brake upgrade! :o :o :o I said no I'm only taking about the brakes and he said yep that's 8k. So factor that into your equation. I decided that I'll be doing aftermarket power and braking upgrades for my car...on my own. :blink: :wacko: :headscratch:

It is a good idea to remember when you are estimating costs on anything to break it down into labor costs, equipment costs required to perform the work, materials (or parts), profit (usually a percentage) and overhead (also a percentage of direct costs).

Yes, but this is not an ADM thread. I agree that ADM put the hurt on some folks.

I also know and understand that it's relevant to your (and other's) perspective on the car. It's a very touchy subject, even for me (I do not have a '500 yet due to ADM).

So, it's relevant to mine as well. If I don't get one for MSRP, it reduces the chances of this for me. But when you add in all of the things mentioned, and Coldwater's items, you begin to understand that there is no big margin in the car...no huge profit for SAI.

SAI & Ford did not benefit from the ADMs. And while I agree that the dealers are out of control, the free enterprise system that is legal in this country does not make it easy for Ford to address. I also agree that Ford should do something, but what, I do not know.

Also, FoMoCo could not build a niche product like this, they are too big. To mass produce the SS would be a bad idea for a mfr of this size as the SS would be a niche market. Ford would lose money on this. Shelby is just the right size to do this, if you ask me...

So, I guess I would ask......if you did not pay ADM, would this seem worthwhile to you? That is the basis for my assumptions and opinions.

To me, the answer would be a resounding yes.

I'll reserve my answer on that question until after I see the final production version. Then I'll know better how I feel .

Archived