TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

Well, as I said that I would, I am back to say that my assumptions were wrong. They were based on early information that aparantly did not factor in the unknown high cost of the CF hoods. At that time, the ballpark price for the SS package was quoted to be about $18,000.00, but the extreemly high production costs of the CF hoods added significantly to the package, and the bottom line is that ILSTANG'S posting is spot on, the offical price of the Super Snake Package is $27,995.00. One price, but variable H.P. based on the tune. 600 or 725 H.P. the price will be the same.

My apologies to all for previously posting stale information based on a early price quote.

Oh, I also agree with IL about the value of the package, and I am commited to having it done.

I will now drive to Hollywood and find some leather clad lady to flogg me for a few hours or so. "THANK YOU MAME, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" OUCH! "THANK YOU MAME, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" OUCH,...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, as I said that I would, I am back to say that my assumptions were wrong. They were based on early information that aparantly did not factor in the unknown high cost of the CF hoods. At that time, the ballpark price for the SS package was quoted to be about $18,000.00, but the extreemly high production costs of the CF hoods added significantly to the package, and the bottom line is that ILSTANG'S posting is spot on, the offical price of the Super Snake Package is $27,995.00. One price, but variable H.P. based on the tune. 600 or 725 H.P. the price will be the same.

My apologies to all for previously posting stale information based on a early price quote.

Oh, I also agree with IL about the value of the package, and I am commited to having it done.

I will now drive to Hollywood and find some leather clad lady to flogg me for a few hours or so. "THANK YOU MAME, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" OUCH! "THANK YOU MAME, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" OUCH,...

Did amyb post an official price?

Did amyb post an official price?

PM on the way...

The 'lady in Hollywood' is named 'Mike' and weighs in at a beefy 370 lbs. Former pro-wrestler. I hired 'her' juuuust for you. :do what: :hysterical:

Alot of folks aren't looking at the cost of the forged & engraved Alcoa wheels, either (big $$$ if you look into it). Or all the other goodies that make this car something very special. My original feeling was upper mid-$20s, so I see I was not that far off, assuming all is correct.

Crud, I was hoping for a special 750 HP tune (just so I could have a 'little more' than the "average" GT500SS :hysterical2:

I think that the price, with all of these goodies, would be a decent value for everything you're getting. Top shelf stuff on a top shelf Mustang with crazy HP and extremely limited production.

If you even want to call it production. More like custom work/one-off production...

Price will be just under $28,000 for the super snake. I think it is is a fair price for the modifications and exclusivity it will provide.

Looks like the only way I can afford this is if I sell my 2001 Lightning....Anyone interested in an awsome 2001 red 500+ hp Lightninng with Gaylord lid and bedrug. ( this is a real bummer )

Is this the actual price ? :headscratch::(:banghead:

I really want to know because I'm on the list too

Yes, that is the price, and it came directly from the top about three hours before I posted it. While my first information/assumptions may have been incorrect, this information is indeed accurate.

If this is the official price, where is it officially posted? If this is correct, I'm out! Are there any scholarships available?

The 'lady in Hollywood' is named 'Mike' and weighs in at a beefy 370 lbs. Former pro-wrestler. I hired 'her' juuuust for you. :do what: :hysterical:

Alot of folks aren't looking at the cost of the forged & engraved Alcoa wheels, either (big $$$ if you look into it). Or all the other goodies that make this car something very special. My original feeling was upper mid-$20s, so I see I was not that far off, assuming all is correct.

Crud, I was hoping for a special 750 HP tune (just so I could have a 'little more' than the "average" GT500SS :hysterical2:

I think that the price, with all of these goodies, would be a decent value for everything you're getting. Top shelf stuff on a top shelf Mustang with crazy HP and extremely limited production.

If you even want to call it production. More like custom work/one-off production...

So how much is the carbon fiber hood? $3000? $4000? $5000? I certainly don't see value there. 20" Alcoa wheels for other applications are less than $500 each.

In retrospect, I should not have said that it's the OFFICAL PRICE because I do not work for SAI. What I should have stated was that the offical price for the SS package will be announced to be $27,995.00. However, having said that, the pricing information came directly from the source and unless there is some radical change to the package between now and the time that the OFFICAL announcement is made by SAI, the price of $27,995.00 is accurate.

So how much is the carbon fiber hood? $3000? $4000? $5000? I certainly don't see value there. 20" Alcoa wheels for other applications are less than $500 each.

It's the tremendious cost associated with the tooling of the hoods that makes them so expensive. SAI cannot lower the indivdual price of the hoods because of the limited number that is going to be produced, and as anyone knows, the more you manufacture any one item, the cheaper it's production costs become. For that reason, I believe that the cost of the CF hoods are close to $8,000.00 a pop. I heard a specific price yesterday, but I was too focused on the overall price of the package and can't exactly remember what the specific cost of the hoods are right now.

No way...too much IMO. Yes, it's a one-off. CF hoods are around $600-$1,000. Since this is limited, double it (just for fun). Even then, you would be suggesting that the paint & stripes for the hood is $3,000. Naaah...

crispy,

It looks like I was wrong about my quess of the hood being around $5000.00. Looks like it may come in around $8000.00. Your minimum guess of six hundred bucks is just a tad off. :hysterical:

It's the tremendious cost associated with the tooling of the hoods that makes them so expensive. SAI cannot lower the indivdual price of the hoods because of the limited number that is going to be produced, and as anyone knows, the more you manufacture any one item, the cheaper it's production costs become. For that reason, I believe that the cost of the CF hoods are close to $8,000.00 a pop. I heard a specific price yesterday, but I was too focused on the overall price of the package and can't exactly remember what the specific cost of the hoods are right now.

I have to say..............

It's not the price of the package that confuses me, but your reference to the cost as influenced by a hood that I was told specifically would not be on the car!!!

I had confirmation, that without question the hood would no longer be carbon composite as originally announced, but has been changed to fiberglass.

The hood has also been adjusted in it's design, as they can not use the same hood as on the KR. The rear vents have been changed and the center projection

in the front hood vent just behind the SHELBY lettering will not project forward, but will be vertical. ( I am vague on the rear vents changing or being removed)

So for whatever reason that some will feel the price of the package is too high, it is not the cost of the hood pushing it up, fiberglass is the lowest cost material.

PLEASE..............don't take what I have relayed here as negative in anyway, I am just relaying what I have been told.

KingCobra.

I understand economies of scale, which is exactly why SAI should look for an alternative to the CF hood if the cost is around $8000 or even $5000. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the SS package. I can't justify the cost unless someone wants to buy the SS hood from me for $8000.

wow, are these guys crazy. I've been waiting all this time for this, I could almost buy another shelby for that. Then you have to add shipping cost as well!!! If I can get a free cobra key chain then it's a done deal :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Add 7.75% for Clark County sales tax and you're over $30K plus shipping. In 2-3 years you'll be able to buy a whole used GT500 for $30K.

I understand economies of scale, which is exactly why SAI should look for an alternative to the CF hood if the cost is around $8000 or even $5000. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the SS package. I can't justify the cost unless someone wants to buy the SS hood from me for $8000.

I understand. I've been brainstorming about this, and the only logical anwser that I can see to lower the overall cost of the package is if SAI goes with a fiberglass hood instead of CF, but obviously that's not my/our call on this matter.

The SS hoods won't be that limited, they will be available even without buying the package so I don't see the LIMITED production driving costs up, many will want to buy just the hood so I see it not costing anything near that look at about $1,200. give or take $200.

I have to say..............

It's not the price of the package that confuses me, but your reference to the cost as influenced by a hood that I was told specifically would not be on the car!!!

I had confirmation, that without question the hood would no longer be carbon composite as originally announced, but has been changed to fiberglass.

The hood has also been adjusted in it's design, as they can not use the same hood as on the KR. The rear vents have been changed and the center projection

in the front hood vent just behind the SHELBY lettering will not project forward, but will be vertical. ( I am vague on the rear vents changing or being removed)

So for whatever reason that some will feel the price of the package is too high, it is not the cost of the hood pushing it up, fiberglass is the lowest cost material.

PLEASE..............don't take what I have relayed here as negative in anyway, I am just relaying what I have been told.

KingCobra.

KC,

I can only say that what I was told. I also initally heard that the KR hood or it's variant would not be installed on the SS package, but that position has aparantly changed, not to mention that if you got the initial information from the same person that I did at SAI, then I must also say that person does not have very accurate information in general (validated by others at SAI to me), and I no longer consider him an accurate source of what's to come.

ILSTANG, Son of GT, KingCobra;

Any mention of the number of SS packages to be produced for each model year?

It is my hope that SAI will offer a pre-determined number of packages for the SS,

but if they will just let demand determine that then we will soon see what the reaction remains after

the dust has settled with the cost of the package.

KingCobra.

The SS hoods won't be that limited, they will be available even without buying the package so I don't see the LIMITED production driving costs up, many will want to buy just the hood so I see it not costing anything near that look at about $1,200. give or take $200.

Apple,

I don't believe that the SS/KR hood will be made available over SAI's parts counter unless the buyer has a registered SS or KR and the original hood has been damaged. I think that it will be a one for one exchange or at mininum sold only to registered package owners without the exchange part, but in the end it won't be made available to just anyone who wants one.

ILSTANG, Son of GT, KingCobra;

Any mention of the number of SS packages to be produced for each model year?

thats another important question cause if we get the package knowing there will only be a few made and then they say there will be another 5000 made I would be upset!

thats another important question cause if we get the package knowing there will only be a few made and then they say there will be another 5000 made I would be upset!

I started a thread specifically to address the concerns for production numbers, please post there so SAI can find the info.

KingCobra.

Apple,

I don't believe that the SS/KR hood will be made available over SAI's parts counter unless the buyer has a registered SS or KR and the original hood has been damaged. I think that it will be a one for one exchange or at mininum sold only to registered package owners without the exchange part, but in the end it won't be made available to just anyone who wants one.

Thanks for the PM, Son of GT.

To quote Amy B in another thread, "Theres the new SS hood tooled and made from scratch, will be sold separately as well to offset some tooling"

Thanks for the PM, Son of GT.

To quote Amy B in another thread, "Theres the new SS hood tooled and made from scratch, will be sold separately as well to offset some tooling"

I believe that was in an attempt to keep tha cost down on the carbon hood, which got nixed after that, and replaced with the fiberglass.

KingCobra.

Archived