TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no not again! :banghead:

You know some more really cool stuff is comming down the road in the next couple years. This ride aint over yet and I aint shootin my whole wad just now. :rolleyes:

you guys are still missing the whole point.

you all thought you were getting a CF hood, now you are not. You all think the KR is getting a CF hood - I place bets as the SS and KR hoods are or at least were supposed to be the same.....

You guys think what you like, I'll still have my concerns.

Okay, you're pretty new and have not read the SS info posted here. It's obvious. Let me address this for you:

The KR hood and the SS hood are different, period. Ford and SAI agreed to produce different hoods. The Ford is more modern, and the SAI hood is more retro (alot of cues from the '68 KR). Neither is allowed to use the other's hood, and that's a fact. I heard this directly from a VP at Ford, heard it from the very guy who penned the KR, and I heard it from SAI. Fairly reliable sources, don't you think?

So that worry of yours is gone. Absolutely.

So, your only concern is that the one change from CF to Fiberglass? And She announced it? If that's your deal breaker, then so be it. For me, CF vs FG is not a big deal. The car- with all the other goodies, is a big, big deal!!!

How's about:

40th for 07 with 540 HP

KR for 08 with 600 HP, with KR hood/ twin stripe and Shelby retro 10 spoke 20" rims, prototype style rear spoiler with LED tail light in it, etc

SS for 07/08 with 700+ HP with SS hood (similar to KR, but more agressive)/triple stripe and SS 20" rims with more aggressive rear spoiler.

no combining of versions. Each car is unique and easily identified as to what it is. you want 700+ HP, you gotta pay the extra $$$ to get the super snake. You want the KR, settle for 600 HP. You want the 40th, settle for 540 HP, but still be above the stock GT500. Distict separation of the differnet versions is the key to successful sales numbers and future values.

there's nothing wrong with an owner doing his own HP upgrade after the fact, but I think the unique physical features such as hood, spoiler, wheels. need to be limited to VINs that paid for the specific upgrade. How would you feel if a 22K v-6 mustang pulled up next to your 85K super snake at the traffic light and looked exactly identical to yours? I know how I feel when someone asks me if my original Shelby is real or not.

But I'm not Pres of SAI, nor do I think I would want to be, as Amy has a tough job dealing with all these complications. I will have to decide whether or not I opt for the super snake option when I receive the contractual offer. It just bothers me that things are still changing or appear to be vauge as to exactly what is being offered, especially after a price has been quoted.

Apparantly, you don't like the product mix being offered by these 2 companies (Ford & SAI). Sorry 'bout that...

The SS and KR are distinct vehicles. Both are upgrade paths for the GT500. How many KR/SS do you think will be produced? 10? 20??? A vehicle that rare will certainly hold its value.

As far as the $20k V6 Mustang pulling up next to me, imitation is the best form of flattery.

I have had some kick a$$ cars in the past, and have run into these clones. Invariably, the guy or gal is such a HUGE fan of your car that all they want to do is talk about it, go over it, and talk about it some more. They know more than many others do about your car.

So what if they don't have the money to buy an original? They are true fans, and I would be complimented that they cherish the very car that I own so much that they spent thousands to make theirs look like mine!!!!!

In fact, I would go so far as to say that you have taken the wrong perspective on these folks. They are usually the truest fans of all. And-- since it still is not the real deal, and does nothing to cheapen the real deal.

You already did on you CAI, now it Tanabanana's turn to :spend: & get something that goes lickity split :speedie:

I got her Corsa's for her Birthday and she loved them. I'm thinking a CAI power pack might go over well for her. :)

Well, I'm definitely out for the Super Snake package. I never really was in from the get go. I knew that Motor Trend estimate was WAY low as the sushi and wasabi I nearly blew through my nostrils at lunch stiffling a laugh would atest. :hysterical:

Mainly, I'm out because I'll be a first time dad in November. But I can take solace I'm one of the lucky minority to even own a regular GT500 that I was able to pick up with my old man last November (I'm seeing a pattern of good things for this month).

I agree the price is high, but still a good deal for those who can get one. Anyone thinking these won't be worth much in the future is fooling themselves IMO. America's love for the automobile will never wane, especially that of the American hot rod, and even more so when it comes to Shelby Mustangs. The number of clones out there atest to these facts. I know the population of Shelby enthusiasts is going to double in my household REAL soon. But once these cars are done that's it. I really believe '07 and '08 will be it for the GT500.

Now, as for something else like Grabber said... I'm already filling a piggy bank and swear jar :censored::spend: in anticipation of a Boss Mustang. :happy feet:

Yep!

I want one of these!

I Love that color. :happy feet:

That car would look good in my shop next to my GT500. My GO Would like the company...as long as he wasn't too Bossy! :hysterical:

Couple of things:

New S/C $6k

Forged Wheels & Tires $6-$8k (MY estimate)

Guage Pod $1k

Total of just these componants: $13-$15k

This excludes:

Suspension

Exhaust

Tune & CAI

Custom Hood

CF chin spoiler

Whole new rear end

6-Piston Brakes in front

Special badging

Shifter & Interior bits

Sequential blinkers

Any Labor

Sooooo, what do you (and others unhappy with the pricing) want?

Upgrades in the $20s for $10k???? :hysterical2:

You want a Pantera for the price of a Pinto.

Who in their right mind would offer such a thing????? Certainly not me. I would be in business to continue to stay in business...Make a reasonable profit on the work that I did.

You make it sound like SAI is reaming the customer.

How is that??? By offering a totally reworked GT500 for a little over what the parts cost?

You could always buy the Steeda package for $14,000 and get a CAI, Tune, exhaust and suspension. No new S/C. No new Rear, or 6 piston brakes (very important to me with this kind of HP), or badging, or hood, etc, etc, etc,

etc.

Or you could order a 40th package for ~$12k. $2,000 less than Steeda's. Better package with more attention to detail. For less.

So, I would recommend that you evaluate what you are actually saying before you say it. It doesn't make a great deal of sense--from a mathematical standpoint or a business standpoint.

If it's too pricey for you, well okay. But do not judge this package before you at least whip out the calculator and see exactly what the expenses are if you bought them yourself. My .02

$8k was a member's estimation and nothing more. Many took the number and ran with it. If you look at the math (above), you would see that it is most likely incorrect. Maybe it was his estimated cost for all custom tooling...

Some folks thought that the Motortrend article which stated $10k was accurate. It was not. Honestly, after seeing the list of upgrades & custom parts, how on Earth could it be??? Besides, who in their right minds ever believes Motortrend??? :hysterical:

Hope this clarifies a few things. ;)

Crispy23C, I am not suggesting SAI is gouging anyone. Just what I said above, every vendor wants their piece of the action, then SAI needs their piece. Because of the multiple vendors, when you add it all up, its a lot of dough. I never expected it to be $10,000. I at least "hoped" it would be somewhere around $20,000 to $22,000. I think they (SAI AND their vendors) could get the price down with some work . I just think there are a lot of suppliers (not necessarily SAI) who are taking advantage of the enthusiast.

Wow, 12+ pages hotly debating the SS package price. That's what I get for being at the shop so late modding mine every night this week....

Here's a reality check for everyone complaining about the price of this package. I have completely replaced my suspension and rear brakes with a full-race set-up. If you want the same deal it'll only cost you about $12k. If I added the TVS blower for 720+ HP (and it's on my christmas wish list :headspin: ) that would be another $6.5k, including labor. So without all of the ext. & int. trim pieces plus the priviledge of being on the registry, I'm already near $20k. Now, granted, given equal drivers, my car should slightly out-perform the SS; but for the collectors out there...well, they would much rather see the "documented SS registration" rather than "owner modified". Good thing I'm never planning on selling :hysterical:

I posted something to this effect when the SS package was first announced. I do not think this is an outrageous price! It is close to what I expected and it IS a FAIR price for what you are getting. It's just not how I desire to modify MY GT500. For others, it will be great. And I will admire their cars at the shows I attend. They're ALL Shelby's and they're ALL great!

Wow, 12+ pages hotly debating the SS package price. That's what I get for being at the shop so late modding mine every night this week....

Here's a reality check for everyone complaining about the price of this package. I have completely replaced my suspension and rear brakes with a full-race set-up. If you want the same deal it'll only cost you about $12k. If I added the TVS blower for 720+ HP (and it's on my christmas wish list :headspin: ) that would be another $6.5k, including labor. So without all of the ext. & int. trim pieces plus the priviledge of being on the registry, I'm already near $20k. Now, granted, given equal drivers, my car should slightly out-perform the SS; but for the collectors out there...well, they would much rather see the "documented SS registration" rather than "owner modified". Good thing I'm never planning on selling :hysterical:

I posted something to this effect when the SS package was first announced. I do not think this is an outrageous price! It is close to what I expected and it IS a FAIR price for what you are getting. It's just not how I desire to modify MY GT500. For others, it will be great. And I will admire their cars at the shows I attend. They're ALL Shelby's and they're ALL great!

Sprint,

Factual and stated like the true gentleman you are. Thanks.

EXACTLY my point from another perspective- someone who has actually done it! Well said.

AND- besides the badges, don't forget the install labor, the shifter, whole rear end, and - most importantly--those very expensive wheels & tires.

Add this to $20k and you'll see it's a very good deal, even omitting the fact that it's a real, honest-to-goodness SS.

Yes, it's alot of money, but you are getting great value from that money...

EXACTLY my point from another perspective- someone who has actually done it! Well said.

AND- besides the badges, don't forget the install labor, the shifter, whole rear end, and - most importantly--those very expensive wheels & tires.

Add this to $20k and you'll see it's a very good deal, even omitting the fact that it's a real, honest-to-goodness SS.

Plus you need a place to do all this work at & it takes 3-5 straight days of labor with 2 guys working on it each day (what's your time worth folks? then times that times 2) and don't forget about all that overhead & manpower neeeded to run a place like SAI, pay for the utilities, employee insurance, property taxes too.

Bump

Great packages, reasonable pricing & built in a legendary speed shop! What else could you ask for--the $28,000 to pay for it!!!! :hysterical2: Just wish I could swing it; I'm probably out due to sending 2 kids through college right now....

Stuart

I wonder if, say one can't pay outright for this, why can't you buy the parts seperately ( SINCE THEY STILL MAKE MONEY ON SELLING THE PARTS ) install them, pay a small fee to SAI to INSPECT the work done to verify done good, get the dash plaque and registered, :idea: OR BETTER YET do it in steps at SAI, say get the mechanical stuff done like 1st trip shifter, rearend and suspension 2nd trip brakes, vents tires/rims 3rd trip supercharger and tune 4th trip cosmetics hood, stripes, badges, plates, lettering then registry! They could STILL make money, client gets dream car, :wub: sure may cost a little more in end for client, but more budget oriented! :) Why would'nt this worky :unsure: All work would still be under warrenty SAI would really get more business this way too, since more could afford it and really now ALL GT500 owners could do this, since Amy said they were doing this for all GT500 owners, now really they would be! :poke: Amy what do you think? My wife would be happy too and not look at me like, well, let's just leave it at that.........

I wonder if, say one can't pay outright for this, why can't you buy the parts seperately ( SINCE THEY STILL MAKE MONEY ON SELLING THE PARTS ) install them, pay a small fee to SAI to INSPECT the work done to verify done good, get the dash plaque and registered, :idea: OR BETTER YET do it in steps at SAI, say get the mechanical stuff done like 1st trip shifter, rearend and suspension 2nd trip brakes, vents tires/rims 3rd trip supercharger and tune 4th trip cosmetics hood, stripes, badges, plates, lettering then registry! They could STILL make money, client gets dream car, :wub: sure may cost a little more in end for client, but more budget oriented! :) Why would'nt this worky :unsure: All work would still be under warrenty SAI would really get more business this way too, since more could afford it and really now ALL GT500 owners could do this, since Amy said they were doing this for all GT500 owners, now really they would be! :poke: Amy what do you think? My wife would be happy too and not look at me like, well, let's just leave it at that.........

BUMP

¡el enchillada entero por favor! ;)

Es todo o nada para mí. Uno o el otro!!! :burnout:

感謝要求! :yup:

μπορείτε να διαβάσετε αυτό;

как раз иметь потеху с словами! :hysterical:

crispy23с, спасибо за ответ. Похоже, Вы большой поклонник пакета Super Snake и ярый защитник того, сколько он стоит. Вы, часом, не в SAI работаете? :poke:

С огромным удовольствием посмотрел бы фотографии Вашего GT500 когда Вы заберёте его после доработки. Если же вы поставите только отдельные детали, я бы с удовольствием посмотрел их снимки и послушал что Вы думаете о них и об ощущениях от езды. Интересно, какие детали Вас интересуют больше всего? Мне больше всего понравился капот, а вот остальной вид Super Snake меня тронул мало. Думаю, каждому своё. :yup:

A whole rear end? I thought only the gear set was being changed out to the 3.73s. Anyone know for sure?

Apple,

Instead of having it done a little of a time, Why don't you have all the work done now and take out a loan over 5 years to pay it off.

All you would be out is the interest.

Just a thought.

Alan

The price was a little shocking at first, but I understand that the performance parts and custom wheels are expensive. The only thing that I see that may be overpriced is the hood. When the specs were first announced, it was CF. I could see where a CF hood would be very expensive. Now, the hood has been changed to fiberglass. I wonder what the price of the package would have been if the hood had stayed CF! I do think SAI has had some issues pricing their parts. They seem to add a very high premium initially for the same parts that are available from different distributors. Some examples are the litebar and the Razor wheels. I'm anxious to see the price list on the individual parts.

I guess you just don't seem to understand my point. I am very interested in a super snake, I am willing to pay the price. I however, do not agree with the chain of events that seem to be happening with "watering down" of the exclusivity associated with the cost of ownership of a super snake.

How would you feel if Ford offered the GT500 engine as an option in the Mustang GT? It wouldn't be called a GT500, but it would be essentialy the same as your GT500. That's exactly what seems to be happening here. Now do you understand where I am coming from?

That's why we don't shop for Ferrari's at the Fiat dealer?

Well, applying that logic, what about Ford GT owners? The GT came with and has the same (essentally, other than the dry sump and aluminum block) 5.4 engine that makes only 50 hp more than than the 5.4 in our cars. Are the Ford GT's watered down because Ford used the same (again, essentally) engine? If you owned a GT would you be pissed off that you had you ass handed to you by a SS after you paid six figures for your car?

As far as SAI "back stepping" for opening authorized Shelby mod centers, it's Amy's response to those who don't live close to Las Vegas and were concerned about the additional shipping costs associated with having only one mod center in the country. Please keep this in mind; it doesn't matter how many mod centers are opened across the country, it's how many SS's are built in the end that will make them exclusive. IMO I sincerely doubt that there will be more than 500 people from New Zealand to New York that will be willing to pony up the 28K and get the mods done; and that's where and when your exclusivity of ownership will occur.

Sprint,

Did you go with the Griggs suspension?? You had mentioned it as a possibility a while back. Shoot me a PM if you went with the Griggs set-up and let me know how it performs.

darkside

Guys,

Some answers....

The hoods in Carbon fiber are running in excess of 3K, so we went with Fiberglass.

The mods shops will come, but it doesnt happen over night, I have to do licensing deals, standard deals, quality issues, training, a lot hgoes into this, they will carry our name. We have interest in florida, north east, cali and TX, which of those go the distance is not yet decided, but we are seriously trying to get this resolved.

The rear is not just the gears, its the whole unit. When you change gears in a car if it is not done exactly how it needs to be it can cause major issues and with all the power we wanted the stronger housing the 3:73 has.

I have tried looking into someone financing this, but I think its cheaper to get a home loan or a bank loan. I will keep checking.

Amy

Guys,

Some answers....

The hoods in Carbon fiber are running in excess of 3K, so we went with Fiberglass.

The mods shops will come, but it doesnt happen over night, I have to do licensing deals, standard deals, quality issues, training, a lot hgoes into this, they will carry our name. We have interest in florida, north east, cali and TX, which of those go the distance is not yet decided, but we are seriously trying to get this resolved.

The rear is not just the gears, its the whole unit. When you change gears in a car if it is not done exactly how it needs to be it can cause major issues and with all the power we wanted the stronger housing the 3:73 has.

I have tried looking into someone financing this, but I think its cheaper to get a home loan or a bank loan. I will keep checking.

Amy

Thanks Amy, good info. Can you clarify the comment about the "stronger housing" on the rear end? Stronger than what? Stronger than the Mustang GT? Stronger than the GT500? Is the GT500 housing stronger than the Mustang GT housing? I'm just confused about the different housings...can you outline this for us please? Thank you,

Dave

crispy23с, спасибо за ответ. Похоже, Вы большой поклонник пакета Super Snake и ярый защитник того, сколько он стоит. Вы, часом, не в SAI работаете? :poke:

С огромным удовольствием посмотрел бы фотографии Вашего GT500 когда Вы заберёте его после доработки. Если же вы поставите только отдельные детали, я бы с удовольствием посмотрел их снимки и послушал что Вы думаете о них и об ощущениях от езды. Интересно, какие детали Вас интересуют больше всего? Мне больше всего понравился капот, а вот остальной вид Super Snake меня тронул мало. Думаю, каждому своё. :yup:

Jolly Roger,

Here is a babel fish translation of your post:

thanks for the answer. Is similar, you the large worshipper of packet Super Snake and the ardent defender of that, how much he stands. You, by hour, not in SAI do work? With the enormous pleasure would look the photographs of your GT500 when you you will take away it after modification. But if you place only separate parts, 4 with the pleasure it looked their photographs and listened to that you you think about them and about the sensations from the ride. It is interesting, what details you do interest most of all? To me most of all was pleased cowling, and here remaining form Super Snake me touched little. I think, to each my.

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

What were you trying to communicate???? :hysterical:

Stuart

Archived