TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple of things:

New S/C $6k

Forged Wheels & Tires $6-$8k (MY estimate)

Guage Pod $1k

Total of just these componants: $13-$15k

This excludes:

Suspension

Exhaust

Tune & CAI

Custom Hood

CF chin spoiler

Whole new rear end

6-Piston Brakes in front

Special badging

Shifter & Interior bits

Sequential blinkers

Any Labor

Sooooo, what do you (and others unhappy with the pricing) want?

Upgrades in the $20s for $10k???? :hysterical2:

You want a Pantera for the price of a Pinto.

Who in their right mind would offer such a thing????? Certainly not me. I would be in business to continue to stay in business...Make a reasonable profit on the work that I did.

You make it sound like SAI is reaming the customer.

How is that??? By offering a totally reworked GT500 for a little over what the parts cost?

You could always buy the Steeda package for $14,000 and get a CAI, Tune, exhaust and suspension. No new S/C. No new Rear, or 6 piston brakes (very important to me with this kind of HP), or badging, or hood, etc, etc, etc,

etc.

Or you could order a 40th package for ~$12k. $2,000 less than Steeda's. Better package with more attention to detail. For less.

So, I would recommend that you evaluate what you are actually saying before you say it. It doesn't make a great deal of sense--from a mathematical standpoint or a business standpoint.

If it's too pricey for you, well okay. But do not judge this package before you at least whip out the calculator and see exactly what the expenses are if you bought them yourself. My .02

$8k was a member's estimation and nothing more. Many took the number and ran with it. If you look at the math (above), you would see that it is most likely incorrect. Maybe it was his estimated cost for all custom tooling...

Some folks thought that the Motortrend article which stated $10k was accurate. It was not. Honestly, after seeing the list of upgrades & custom parts, how on Earth could it be??? Besides, who in their right minds ever believes Motortrend??? :hysterical:

Hope this clarifies a few things. ;)

So are you getting the whole SS enchilada or just some of the fixin's, crispy23c?

I think anyone who is talking about the future value of the Super Snake or of any other car is either trying to justify their expenditure or they are high. :tease:

If you want an investment, then buy some stock in a Blue Chip company, buy into a mutual fund, max out your 401k or 403b, or start and build a business of some kind. :ohsnap:

If you want to buy a kick ass car you will love until the day you die, then just do it without any justification other than "Because I can." 'Nuf said. :rockon:

Just a curious question, for investment purposes,wouldn't a Shelby vehicle sold through Ford hold its value and increase more, than a ss pkg. installed by SAI without Ford? Seems to me a limited KR(kept original) made for and through Ford, might increase alot more over the long years than a car thats gets upgraded by SAI from individuals personnal cars. Not so much based on hp or just being limited,but by being a shelby car made in conjunction with and through Ford. Things that make you go Hmmmmm?? Just wondering? :shades: ps- excluding some of the boring years of shelby vehicles in 80's and such of course.

What bothers me is that people are taking what is being said on a public forum as Gospel. Yes some information has come from the Pres of SAI, however, until it is stated on SAI letterhead it is not "official. And even then, it is still subject to change until a contract is signed for production between you and SAI. Only then are you locked into what you are getting and have a means to negotiate changes in the design that happen after you signed up for what you thought you were getting.

There is significant confusion with regards to what people on this form think SAI is going to build or offer to build or buy: 40th, 40/SS, KR, KR/SS, SS, just piece parts, partial conversion, and to top it off rumors of outside "dealers" assembling cars under contract and calling them SAI cars.

Now I don't have time to post 10,000 time to get some sense of credibility on this forum (funny how # of posts is the indicator of how smart or credible you are), but I can say from some past experiences of the evolution of new supercars that what appears to be happening, or perceived to be happening is a major step in the wrong direction. It should be you get a 40th - it's a 40th, you get a KR -it's a KR, you get a Super Snake - it's a Super Snake. You want 700+ on your 40th - Tough nooggies, or go see Kenne Bell. Allowing outside firms, such as TASCA to "assemble" a SAI car is two steps in the wrong direction.

Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common.

I thought the original goal here was to recreate this generations version of yesteryears supercar. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remember what they did in the 60's and apply that same thought process to the 00's.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think profitability is more important than future integrity (and if you are reading between the lines - I'm not referring to the proposed price).

Good Point, I Agree

Just a curious question, for investment purposes,wouldn't a Shelby vehicle sold through Ford hold its value and increase more, than a ss pkg. installed by SAI without Ford? Seems to me a limited KR(kept original) made for and through Ford, might increase alot more over the long years than a car thats gets upgraded by SAI from individuals personnal cars. Not so much based on hp or just being limited,but by being a shelby car made in conjunction with and through Ford. Things that make you go Hmmmmm?? Just wondering? :shades: ps- excluding some of the boring years of shelby vehicles in 80's and such of course.

I've wondered the same thing myself. One factor that will determine future value of the SS is the number produced. If, because of the price, only 200-300 SS packages are produced each year then I beleive the SS will be worth more. Another thought I had was that a stock Shelby GT500 has never been touched by SAI (Shelby). The car is only licensed by Shelby. If I remember correctly, originally 1965-1967 Shelbys were built by Shelby and Ford took over assembly from 1968-1970. I don't know if there is a significant difference in value between the two groups.

The bottom line is that Shelbys aren't investments, they're cars!

What bothers me is that people are taking what is being said on a public forum as Gospel. Yes some information has come from the Pres of SAI, however, until it is stated on SAI letterhead it is not "official. And even then, it is still subject to change until a contract is signed for production between you and SAI. Only then are you locked into what you are getting and have a means to negotiate changes in the design that happen after you signed up for what you thought you were getting.

There is significant confusion with regards to what people on this form think SAI is going to build or offer to build or buy: 40th, 40/SS, KR, KR/SS, SS, just piece parts, partial conversion, and to top it off rumors of outside "dealers" assembling cars under contract and calling them SAI cars.

Now I don't have time to post 10,000 time to get some sense of credibility on this forum (funny how # of posts is the indicator of how smart or credible you are), but I can say from some past experiences of the evolution of new supercars that what appears to be happening, or perceived to be happening is a major step in the wrong direction. It should be you get a 40th - it's a 40th, you get a KR -it's a KR, you get a Super Snake - it's a Super Snake. You want 700+ on your 40th - Tough nooggies, or go see Kenne Bell. Allowing outside firms, such as TASCA to "assemble" a SAI car is two steps in the wrong direction.

Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common.

I thought the original goal here was to recreate this generations version of yesteryears supercar. Maybe we all need to take a step back and remember what they did in the 60's and apply that same thought process to the 00's.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think profitability is more important than future integrity (and if you are reading between the lines - I'm not referring to the proposed price).

Your not so smart are you PhD? Saying that even though the pres of SAI posted info on the Super Snake, you don't believe her until it's in print. Some of us with high post counts don't use this as a sign of credibility or smarts but some us do have internal connections at SAI, Ford & Roush and have posted info ahead of time or even hinted at what was coming with very accurate accuracy. I think you need to go back and read every single post Amy has posted in the 1+ years she has been here & see how great she really is in asking for customer input & trying to make that happen to please most all customers & still make a profit. So what if it's not on a official letterhead. Would you prefer for it to be in a Wal-Mart flyer or on the daily news? If Amy says it's a take it or leave it package, you can bet your ass she means it!

This new Super Snake is heritage at its absolute best & if you knew your Shelby history you would also know that Tasca Ford still operates today at its original location on 777 Taunton Avenue in East Providence, Rhode Island. They were the premier Ford performance dealer during the muscle car era. Tasca Ford entered the performance market in 1961 when Bob Tasca formed a special high-performance division. Early projects included a 427 Thunderbird in 1965 and a "505" Mustang, which featured 505 bhp and supposedly inspired the Boss 302 Mustang. Tasca's personal daily driver in 1969 was an 11-second Mustang. But most impressive were his Tasca's drag racing cars, first a 1962 406 Galaxie, and then a 406 equipped Fairlane (supposedly the inspiration of the factory 1964 Thunderbolt). In 1966, Tasca Ford debuted its Holman-Moody built "Mystery 9" Mustang, which quickly changed names as its et's dropped. By 1969, Tasca was running a fuel funny car, but that strayed away from the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mantra. By 1963, upwards of 60 high performance cars (40% of total sales) were being sold each month.

Tasca also sold the first Shelby AC Cobras in the Northeast. But Tasca will be remembered as creating the inspiration of the Cobra Jet 428. It all started when Tasca reworked the standard 428 Police Interceptor with reworked heads and a 735-cfm four-barrel Holley carb and dropped it into their 1967 Mustang GT coupe. They called it "KR" for "King of the Road" and word soon reached Ford management. They decided to offer the new 428 from the factory but passed on the Tasca name (The "KR" label was actually used on the CJ-powered GT 500 Shelby Mustang) and labeled it the "Cobra Jet" which saved Ford's performance image on the street. But the performance era would soon end, and Tasca actually switched over to Lincoln-Mercury in 1971. But it switched back in 1994 and the home of Ford performance lives on.

Do you see the significance of heritage here yet Mr. PhD by allowing someone like Tasca Ford to do this upgrade? If you think this is going in the wrong direction then you’re the one with a problem & not us. Your comment of "Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common." couldn't be farther from the truth. Do all AC Cobras have the same options, roll bars, side pipes, motors, rear-end gears, grilles, rims, tires and bumpers? NO! You can still order an original full bodied all aluminum AC Cobra today if you want to, with whatever you want done to it? Does that make it ultra common because it's customers 2007 AC Cobra that has been modified to what they want & not like an original 1966 AC Cobra? NO!

Before I continue to rant on I just say you need to do a lot more reading & a lot less bitching to prove to us you have a PhD. Amy I don't care what this guy says, I know you listened to us & did what you could to please us with all the different option packages & I thank you for that choice & what you do everyday.

I guess you just don't seem to understand my point. I am very interested in a super snake, I am willing to pay the price. I however, do not agree with the chain of events that seem to be happening with "watering down" of the exclusivity associated with the cost of ownership of a super snake.

How would you feel if Ford offered the GT500 engine as an option in the Mustang GT? It wouldn't be called a GT500, but it would be essentialy the same as your GT500. That's exactly what seems to be happening here. Now do you understand where I am coming from?

That's why we don't shop for Ferrari's at the Fiat dealer?

1. The SS hood was going to be CF. That's EXACTLY what I was told it was going to be, but aparantly that has now changed.

I hope this is not the case. The KR hood will be CF and I would want the SS to have it too. Let Vettes be fiberglass, a 21st century Super Snake should have carbon fiber parts.

I hope this is not the case. The KR hood will be CF and I would want the SS to have it too. Let Vettes be fiberglass, a 21st century Super Snake should have carbon fiber parts.

Just my opinion, but if the KR is going to have a CF hood, the SS should too.

I guess you just don't seem to understand my point. I am very interested in a super snake, I am willing to pay the price. I however, do not agree with the chain of events that seem to be happening with "watering down" of the exclusivity associated with the cost of ownership of a super snake.

How would you feel if Ford offered the GT500 engine as an option in the Mustang GT? It wouldn't be called a GT500, but it would be essentialy the same as your GT500. That's exactly what seems to be happening here. Now do you understand where I am coming from?

I think the 5.4 will be in other Mustangs.

What I understand is, is that you want exclusivity, period! You want 1 of so many made in a certain way, so no one else can make something else even close to it, right?

If you want exclusivity then buy a 2008 GT500KR that has 540 hp & it’s guaranteed to be 1 of 1,000 or buy a 2007 GT500 & have the 40th Anniversary Package put on it so it’s 1 of 1,000 that are only available for the 2007 model year car.

If your you’re looking for ultra exclusivity, buy a 2007 or 2008 GT500 & have the Super Snake Package put on it (600 or 725hp) just the way it’s offered from SAI, nothing more & nothing less.

If your you’re looking & trying to have the ultimate ultra exclusivity collectors car, buy a 2007 or 2008 GT500, get creative by combining a Super Snake Package with 600 or 725hp with the 40th Anniversary Package.

As far as the 2008 GT500KR being converted into a Super Snake, I don’t know if that’s even an option & I will have to ask Amy if that’s even an option. If so that’s the ultimate ultra exclusivity car you’re going to want to have.

It really doesn’t matter which way you go as far as being a collectable car unless you’re trying to out do your collector car buddy who buys them & stores them in a climate controlled car bubble inside a warehouse where they never are seen or used. I think at this point your being selfish & that’s an ego thing your going to have to deal with on your own.

Your not so smart are you PhD? Saying that even though the pres of SAI posted info on the Super Snake, you don't believe her until it's in print. Some of us with high post counts don't use this as a sign of credibility or smarts but some us do have internal connections at SAI, Ford & Roush and have posted info ahead of time or even hinted at what was coming with very accurate accuracy. I think you need to go back and read every single post Amy has posted in the 1+ years she has been here & see how great she really is in asking for customer input & trying to make that happen to please most all customers & still make a profit. So what if it's not on a official letterhead. Would you prefer for it to be in a Wal-Mart flyer or on the daily news? If Amy says it's a take it or leave it package, you can bet your ass she means it!

This new Super Snake is heritage at its absolute best & if you knew your Shelby history you would also know that Tasca Ford still operates today at its original location on 777 Taunton Avenue in East Providence, Rhode Island. They were the premier Ford performance dealer during the muscle car era. Tasca Ford entered the performance market in 1961 when Bob Tasca formed a special high-performance division. Early projects included a 427 Thunderbird in 1965 and a "505" Mustang, which featured 505 bhp and supposedly inspired the Boss 302 Mustang. Tasca's personal daily driver in 1969 was an 11-second Mustang. But most impressive were his Tasca's drag racing cars, first a 1962 406 Galaxie, and then a 406 equipped Fairlane (supposedly the inspiration of the factory 1964 Thunderbolt). In 1966, Tasca Ford debuted its Holman-Moody built "Mystery 9" Mustang, which quickly changed names as its et's dropped. By 1969, Tasca was running a fuel funny car, but that strayed away from the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mantra. By 1963, upwards of 60 high performance cars (40% of total sales) were being sold each month.

Tasca also sold the first Shelby AC Cobras in the Northeast. But Tasca will be remembered as creating the inspiration of the Cobra Jet 428. It all started when Tasca reworked the standard 428 Police Interceptor with reworked heads and a 735-cfm four-barrel Holley carb and dropped it into their 1967 Mustang GT coupe. They called it "KR" for "King of the Road" and word soon reached Ford management. They decided to offer the new 428 from the factory but passed on the Tasca name (The "KR" label was actually used on the CJ-powered GT 500 Shelby Mustang) and labeled it the "Cobra Jet" which saved Ford's performance image on the street. But the performance era would soon end, and Tasca actually switched over to Lincoln-Mercury in 1971. But it switched back in 1994 and the home of Ford performance lives on.

Do you see the significance of heritage here yet Mr. PhD by allowing someone like Tasca Ford to do this upgrade? If you think this is going in the wrong direction then you’re the one with a problem & not us. Your comment of "Allowing everyone to have an opportunity to have the same features as each unique and ultra-rare version that is highly sought after makes the ultra rare, actually, ultra common." couldn't be farther from the truth. Do all AC Cobras have the same options, roll bars, side pipes, motors, rear-end gears, grilles, rims, tires and bumpers? NO! You can still order an original full bodied all aluminum AC Cobra today if you want to, with whatever you want done to it? Does that make it ultra common because it's customers 2007 AC Cobra that has been modified to what they want & not like an original 1966 AC Cobra? NO!

Before I continue to rant on I just say you need to do a lot more reading & a lot less bitching to prove to us you have a PhD. Amy I don't care what this guy says, I know you listened to us & did what you could to please us with all the different option packages & I thank you for that choice & what you do everyday.

Rodney, Chill Out

Cut the newbe some slack.

I don't agree with everything he says but he does make some good points.

Defend your beliefs but let's not get personal.

Thats not what this forum is all about.

Alan

Rodney, Chill Out

Cut the newbe some slack.

I don't agree with everything he says but he does make some good points.

Defend your beliefs but let's not get personal.

Thats not what this forum is all about.

Alan

:cold:

He's now at 10 & that's fair game.

Saying he doesn't believe Amy & her written words here isn't personal & saying it must be on a SAI letterhead before he trust what's being said by her, the Pres. of SAI? All he needs to do is read all her post like grabber told him how & he will learn everything alot of us already know. But instead he would rather, bitch, moan & groan about how this isn't fair the way SAI is doing it & he can't trust them on how to build a car with a certain package because they want to offer us choices? :cry:

Take it or leave it, that's what I say!

So are you getting the whole SS enchilada or just some of the fixin's, crispy23c?

¡el enchillada entero por favor! ;)

Es todo o nada para mí. Uno o el otro!!! :burnout:

感謝要求! :yup:

μπορείτε να διαβάσετε αυτό;

как раз иметь потеху с словами! :hysterical:

:cold:

He's now at 10 & that's fair game.

Saying he doesn't believe Amy & her written words here isn't personal & saying it must be on a SAI letterhead before he trust what's being said by her, the Pres. of SAI? All he needs to do is read all her post like grabber told him how & he will learn everything alot of us already know. But instead he would rather, bitch, moan & groan about how this isn't fair the way SAI is doing it & he can't trust them on how to build a car with a certain package because they want to offer us choices? :cry:

Take it or leave it, that's what I say!

FWIW, Amy has always been good for her word. Always. That's why her stock is so high here and other places...

PhD Gofast might not know this, so I cut him a little slack...

I guess he/she knows now! ;)

you guys are still missing the whole point.

you all thought you were getting a CF hood, now you are not. You all think the KR is getting a CF hood - I place bets as the SS and KR hoods are or at least were supposed to be the same.

Amy can make statements on this forum all day long and that's great that she does, but when you sign on the dotted line and write a check, you better know exactly what you are getting.

The SS was supposed to be bigger and badder than all the other SAI versions, now it appear that all the other versions can be just as big and bad.

I am in no way trying to slam Amy or SAI - I am just trying to make a point that the best of the best is appars to be coming more common and less exclusive.

You guys think what you like, I'll still have my concerns.

you all thought you were getting a CF hood, now you are not. You all think the KR is getting a CF hood - I place bets as the SS and KR hoods are or at least were supposed to be the same.

Amy can make statements on this forum all day long and that's great that she does, but when you sign on the dotted line and write a check, you better know exactly what you are getting.

The SS was supposed to be bigger and badder than all the other SAI versions, now it appear that all the other versions can be just as big and bad.

I am in no way trying to slam Amy or SAI - I am just trying to make a point that the best of the best is appars to be coming more common and less exclusive.

Then tell us how you would do it if you were the pres of SAI to solve your concern?

Part of the point is that you need to go back and read all of the posts by Amy and others at SAI. From the get go or within the blink of an eye the SS performance options were going to be offered to GT500 owners in addition to the SS package. You have a very interesting perspective on how SAI should conduct their business and I believe some or even many reading this thread will agree with you. However, I believe the vast majority of us are tickled pink that there is a smorgasbord of modifications from cosmetic to performance to chose from, and we can get our cars modified by Shelby in a timeframe that each can live with from immediately to some point in the future, and IT WILL BE A REGISTERED SHELBY! Regardless of what the final packages end up containing, you can create a very, very limited, unique, and powerful car if your pockets are deep enough, just write a check.

How's about:

40th for 07 with 540 HP

KR for 08 with 600 HP, with KR hood/ twin stripe and Shelby retro 10 spoke 20" rims, prototype style rear spoiler with LED tail light in it, etc

SS for 07/08 with 700+ HP with SS hood (similar to KR, but more agressive)/triple stripe and SS 20" rims with more aggressive rear spoiler.

no combining of versions. Each car is unique and easily identified as to what it is. you want 700+ HP, you gotta pay the extra $$$ to get the super snake. You want the KR, settle for 600 HP. You want the 40th, settle for 540 HP, but still be above the stock GT500. Distict separation of the differnet versions is the key to successful sales numbers and future values.

there's nothing wrong with an owner doing his own HP upgrade after the fact, but I think the unique physical features such as hood, spoiler, wheels. need to be limited to VINs that paid for the specific upgrade. How would you feel if a 22K v-6 mustang pulled up next to your 85K super snake at the traffic light and looked exactly identical to yours? I know how I feel when someone asks me if my original Shelby is real or not.

But I'm not Pres of SAI, nor do I think I would want to be, as Amy has a tough job dealing with all these complications. I will have to decide whether or not I opt for the super snake option when I receive the contractual offer. It just bothers me that things are still changing or appear to be vauge as to exactly what is being offered, especially after a price has been quoted.

Part of the point is that you need to go back and read all of the posts by Amy and others at SAI. From the get go or within the blink of an eye the SS performance options were going to be offered to GT500 owners in addition to the SS package. You have a very interesting perspective on how SAI should conduct their business and I believe some or even many reading this thread will agree with you. However, I believe the vast majority of us are tickled pink that there is a smorgasbord of modifications from cosmetic to performance to chose from, and we can get our cars modified by Shelby in a timeframe that each can live with from immediately to some point in the future, and IT WILL BE A REGISTERED SHELBY! Regardless of what the final packages end up containing, you can create a very, very limited, unique, and powerful car if your pockets are deep enough, just write a check.

AMEN brother!

PhD I'm still waiting to see your new business plan for SAI on how this should work to satisfy you?

Well if you don't believe our girl Amy, then I say wait very shortly as the 1st SuperSnake, show circuit bound GT500SS, is about to make its public debut probably within the next week or so(Tulsa). And I'm sure "ALL" questions "at that time" will be answered shortly,as well as the exciting visual (and performance) appeal of the asphalt scorching new S/C ShelbyGT500SS terror is about to be released to the public venue! OOOO YEAAAA!! Car magazines,...Get Ready! Have patience Danial-san. :ninja: They can't give ya all the info at once,...it would ruin the great unveiling party. There's alot of excitement building up for the soon great climatic unveiling,.....yeSSssssssss! :shades:

Is anybody saving any money for:

The Boss

or

The GT350

or

Mach I

Or.............. :idea:

I am. :happy feet:

[/quote

No. I'm broke. I'm about to own a $90,000 mustang.

me too,as I'm negotiating with my stock broker as we speak. :)

Archived