TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

Not that this was ever in my budget anyway, but I could buy a nice new Mustang GT for a daily driver for the same price as these upgrades and There is no rea the $8,000 figure that's being thrown around for this hood is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I don't care what it's made of. IMO, there is no such thing as an $8,000 hood. son the aftermarket can't offer something comparable for $800-$1200. True, it wouldn't be Shelby, but these prices are only for the rich and famous. I'm much to poor.

+1

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo, If the SS pkg really costs near 28k, then I would like to see SAI offer us a credit of at least 8-10k for the new GT500 parts that they are taking off in replacement for the SS installed parts. That would make the SS pkg. more in the range of 18-20k, which is alot more reasonable to me. No, I don't want to really have to sell the parts myself,but would like some type of credit for the parts by SAI, and they(or someone) can keep them,or use them on other projects. Or those who want to keep the parts then they can pay the extra. I would like to see that option though. Thats just imo. :shades:

I was going for the SS package, but after talking to John.

I am going with the 40th package with the upgraded brakes and the 600 + HP.

This one should be the most collectable in time especially in convertible.

Reason being is that only the 07 can only be the 40th. The SS is offered to 07 and 08s.

Also this package of the 40th is basically the same package as the SS with different wheels and hood.

How are you getting your car out there and have you set a date yet?

I was going for the SS package, but after talking to John.

I am going with the 40th package with the upgraded brakes and the 600 + HP.

This one should be the most collectable in time especially in convertible.

Reason being is that only the 07 can only be the 40th. The SS is offered to 07 and 08s.

Also this package of the 40th is basically the same package as the SS with different wheels and hood.

Did he say what the cost will be with that package ?

quote name='ILSTANG' post='157932' date='Jun 3 2007, 10:53 PM']How are you getting your car out there and have you set a date yet?

No date as yet, just deposit, and I will ship my Shelby there from NY.

I figure they are seeing how many packages they get deposits on and which ones.

Then all the parts for those packages are probably made, but have to be sent.

Maybe by August, I hope.

No date as yet, just deposit, and I will ship my Shelby there from NY.

I figure they are seeing how many packages they get deposits on and which ones.

Then all the parts for thouse packages are probley made, but have to be sent.

Maybe by August, I hope.

how much was the the deposit?

Would you be upset if they said they were going to make 500 of them and you were number 501 on the list ?

I say offer as many as they can sell. 2 months ago Amy told me that anyone who wanted one could buy one! 07 and 08 GT500 owners both.

I remember she said that . It will be available to all 07 gt500 owners, so I also interpret as many as are ordered will get one.

The 40th package is limited by the number of 2007s, the SS package will be limited by the number of people that can afford it. I believe SAI is trying to give all of us that own the GT 500 Shelby an opportunity to have access to any current or future modifications. They are on our side and loyal to everyone that buys their products. Be happy you own their product because there are few companies that support owners like SAI. I have never seen the president of Ford respond to consumers. Amy is always there for us.

+1

At this point I will have to see some pics of the actual production version of the SS and a list with pics of the production parts that will be used (ie : brakes, hood, wheels super charger ,ect.) before I would comitt to purchase.

Also I would like to know the time limit of the availability of this package.

ME TOO!

Imo, If the SS pkg really costs near 28k, then I would like to see SAI offer us a credit of at least 8-10k for the new GT500 parts that they are taking off in replacement for the SS installed parts. That would make the SS pkg. more in the range of 18-20k, which is alot more reasonable to me. No, I don't want to really have to sell the parts myself,but would like some type of credit for the parts by SAI, and they(or someone) can keep them,or use them on other projects. Or those who want to keep the parts then they can pay the extra. I would like to see that option though. Thats just imo. :shades:

There has to be a good market for those Mustang owners that want to upgrade their regular GT or V6, right? So all our parts that are replaced should be credited if they keep or alot of us will be selling parts on ebay!

I remember she said that . It will be available to all 07 gt500 owners, so I also interpret as many as are ordered will get one.

+1

ME TOO!

There has to be a good market for those Mustang owners that want to upgrade their regular GT or V6, right? So all our parts that are replaced should be credited if they keep or alot of us will be selling parts on ebay!

I talked with John while in Las Vegas last month, he told me we get all the parts back. I doubt that they will buy them or credit us for them. Most likely, that would be a bad deal anyway as the private market should always be a better return for the seller. Similar to a trade in at the dealer. Less hassle to turn it in, but it will probably cost.

Just keep in mind, a fatal error SAI could make because of forums like this is to water down the original hype of a true supercar because a few people whined about the price of a package that has not been published yet. If they want $30K for the Super Snake option, it's $30K end of story! However, comma, it better be worth every penny of that $30K price tag and a true step above the rest, not just in "easy" HP figures. I hear rumors already of SAI investigating the cheapening of the Super Snake in both price and performance features - BIG MISTAKE! SAI needs to be very careful that they do the right thing for the "Shelby" namesake, and not just the comglomerate's margin of profit.

Remember the Mustang protoype? The 05 ended up pretty nice, but no where near as nice as the prototype. Do you really want the same thing to happen again with the Super Snake?

Amy - Do the right thing, put all the performance attributes that the Super Snake deserves on it and limit your profit margin to an industry respectable 15% - then calcuate the price. Also, limit the number of cars and publish that number when you release everything at THE SAME TIME.

Forum members - stop guessing! Put a sock in it until we hear from Amy OFFICIALLY!

................and yes - I am on the list for an 08 Super Snake, and I am a little concerned about the bang for the buck factor......

Just keep in mind, a fatal error SAI could make because of forums like this is to water down the original hype of a true supercar because a few people whined about the price of a package that has not been published yet. If they want $30K for the Super Snake option, it's $30K end of story! However, comma, it better be worth every penny of that $30K price tag and a true step above the rest, not just in "easy" HP figures. I hear rumors already of SAI investigating the cheapening of the Super Snake in both price and performance features - BIG MISTAKE! SAI needs to be very careful that they do the right thing for the "Shelby" namesake, and not just the comglomerate's margin of profit.

Remember the Mustang protoype? The 05 ended up pretty nice, but no where near as nice as the prototype. Do you really want the same thing to happen again with the Super Snake?

Amy - Do the right thing, put all the performance attributes that the Super Snake deserves on it and limit your profit margin to an industry respectable 15% - then calcuate the price. Also, limit the number of cars and publish that number when you release everything at THE SAME TIME.

Forum members - stop guessing! Put a sock in it until we hear from Amy OFFICIALLY!

................and yes - I am on the list for an 08 Super Snake, and I am a little concerned about the bang for the buck factor......

I think some people had unrealistic expectations for the the price. You had to factor that the 40th Anniversary Package pricing at $11K+ was only going to mushroom upwards when you factored big ticket items like TVS supercharger, 6 piston brakes, C/F hood ..etc. I was hoping for better pricing but I figured it would be in that area. I agree with the other...don't water down the package. I am on the fence on whether I should get the Super Snake package or go a "cheaper" FRPP route (FRPP/Roush TVS S/C, FRPP exhaust, FRPP handling pack, FRPP gears and short-throw shifter). It would cost about 1/2 (including buying the Shelby Razor wheels) but it isn't a Super Snake and does not have all the goodies. I am a little torn right now.

Tom

I think some people had unrealistic expectations for the the price. You had to factor that the 40th Anniversary Package pricing at $11K+ was only going to mushroom upwards when you factored big ticket items like TVS supercharger, 6 piston brakes, C/F hood ..etc. I was hoping for better pricing but I figured it would be in that area. I agree with the other...don't water down the package. I am on the fence on whether I should get the Super Snake package or go a "cheaper" FRPP route (FRPP/Roush TVS S/C, FRPP exhaust, FRPP handling pack, FRPP gears and short-throw shifter). It would cost about 1/2 (including buying the Shelby Razor wheels) but it isn't a Super Snake and does not have all the goodies. I am a little torn right now.

Tom

The carbon fiber hood has been changed to fiberglass Tom, just so you are aware. This has been confirmed.

KingCobra.

The carbon fiber hood has been changed to fiberglass Tom, just so you are aware. This has been confirmed.

KingCobra.

I have read you posting about this before. Is the "new" 28 grand price, also with the new hood? I'm wondering if the 28 grand that people have been talking about is with the CF hood or the Fiberglass hood? Does this mean that the package price is now closer to 20 grand or that the price would have been closer to 36 grand with the 8 grand hood on it?

I know SAI stated that they would post performance numbers prior to or at the same time as announcing prices. I really want to see those numbers.

Tom

+1

If you are going to do something right do it from the get-go - DON'T WATER DOWN THE PACKAGE. Whatever the cost to produce the SS plus a reasonable profit margin for SAI, should dictate the price of the package - period. Some will buy-in and others will opt not too. I also believe that the price will definately be a determining factor, and surely hope that a big fall-out of those on the list doesn't negatively affect the current pricing because of volume not being there to offset some of the set-up costs involved. On another note, it will be interesting to see what the 40th Anniversity with the SS performance up-grades will be priced at. I have to agree with someone's earlier post that this package available for only 2007 models will be scarcer than the SS at the end of the day - IMO.

PhD Gofast,

"Forum members - stop guessing! Put a sock in it until we hear from Amy OFFICIALLY! "

Awfully strong words for only being your 3rd post. Welcome to the site.

Stuart

Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples: SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391

SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

SHELBY deck lid letter kit

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby floor mats,

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system

Shelby short throw shifter

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy

Guys,

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

Shelby floor mats,

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Tires and Wheels

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy

Thanks, Amy. When can we expect calls?

Guys,

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

Shelby floor mats,

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Tires and Wheels

Amy

Sounds perfect to me!!. Just hope I can get the conversion done before the next Silverstate Challenge!!! Either way, this package is worth looking forward to.

Thanks, Amy. When can we expect calls?

I believe John is working thru the list now. It takes time as John has to explain, do you want the 40th? Do you want the SS? do you want the 40th with some of the SS parts....

Amy

I think it's a great package for a decent price. You get a hell of alot of car, HP, and exclusivity for a competitive price. And alot more labor than alot of others are doing to get to their "bottom line". Just my opinion...

I agree, it is not exhorbant with all of the work involved. Besides, think of Barrett Jackson 30 years from now :idea:

Speed Racer,

I originally joined this forum so that I could see the pics. I don't post to forums too much because, people tend to equate # of posts to a level of knowledge/expertise. If that were the case, Southwest would let you fly thier planes for them after just 2 flights as an "A" group boarder.

Amy - Thank you for seeing these posts and putting some of this craziness to bed!

.......and yes I thinkI'm still gonna get one.

I agree, it is not exhorbant with all of the work involved. Besides, think of Barrett Jackson 30 years from now :idea:

Not pricey at all. They could be nailing folks just because it's the legendary SuperSnake, but they're not. To de-content the package would just make it a "GreatSnake" anyway :hysterical: We want a Supersnake!

30 years from now?

Ohhhh, I expect to be on my 60th set of tires by then!!! :burnout:

Amy,

I thought the stock rear size tie was a 285 in width. With the added HP how is the slightly smaller tire going to affect acceleration and handeling with this package. You said that the upgraded tires are these:

Just wondering out loud here.

Archived