TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You probably haven't missed anything. They are calling the 40th list first. I think they just started the calls for the S/S.

Need some advice guys/gals:

Does anyone know how long we have to get our deposits in for the SS/40th anniversay upgrades in to keep our places in line? I heard a rumour that it is approximately one week. Is that really true? Please advise !!!!

Need some advice guys/gals:

Does anyone know how long we have to get our deposits in for the SS/40th anniversay upgrades in to keep our places in line? I heard a rumour that it is approximately one week. Is that really true? Please advise !!!!

I do not know, but I am sure one of these guys knows, or you can post this question in ask Amy section she would know for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples: SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391

SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

SHELBY deck lid letter kit

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby floor mats,

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

(boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system

Shelby short throw shifter

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy

Hello Amy I'm thinking about buying my first new mustang and I'm trying to get an idea on what car packages will or is availiable for purchase? My last muscle car was an 1970 AAR Cuda I owned during my high school years and sold for college money. I'm excited about the idea of getting the chance to own a muscle car again...I'm not interested in the any other of the throw-back's camaro/challanger

but I like the Mustang. I would like to know what the total cost of an Mustang Super Snake would be and when are scheduled for build and will they be built and when is delivery's set. Thank's Kenton (teamxlr8@centurytel.net)

There is no differnce in the 2 packages and the price is the same as well. I think the confusion that it is one blower not 2 differnt ones. If we wanted to go higher the 725 then it would be another option. we are a long way from that. But that is down the road and what we offer for supersnake is 600hp warrentied or 601hp-725hp unwarrentied.

hope that helps.

Amy

Amy, not to cause any more confusion, but I was called by Doug Sinclair last week and reviewed the packages. He stated that the $27K price was only for the 600HP package, that the 700+ package hasn't been finalized and would be a higher price. ??

My questions are:

1.) rearend - You had previously stated that there was a stronger unit being supplied, not just a gear set. Is this another 3rd member or a complete axle housing change?

2.) K-B S/C. I asked Doug about buying the parts to make 700HP on my GO Vert at the time of order (I would install them myself), he didn't know if that was possible. Is this supplied as a K-B Stage 2 or Stage 3 set-up? Inquiring minds want to know what level upgrade we would need to get from K-B for the power level desired. 800HP on race gas sounds too tempting....

3.) Suspension. Doug stated the front was an adjustable Eibach package. Eibach doesn't make one that I am aware of - did he mean FRPP instead.

Thanks, anyone with info on the above, I'd appreciate your comments.

Scott

This is wrong! The brakes for the Super snake are under 5K, closer to 4K

also, in the equation, you don't have the rear 3:73 listed. This is the gears and housing, not just the gears.

There is no differnce in the 2 packages and the price is the same as well. I think the confusion that it is one blower not 2 differnt ones. If we wanted to go higher the 725 then it would be another option. we are a long way from that. But that is down the road and what we offer for supersnake is 600hp warrentied or 601hp-725hp unwarrentied.

hope that helps.

Amy

Amy, not to cause any more confusion, but I was called by Doug Sinclair last week and reviewed the packages. He stated that the $27K price was only for the 600HP package, that the 700+ package hasn't been finalized and would be a higher price. ??

My questions are:

1.) rearend - You had previously stated that there was a stronger unit being supplied, not just a gear set. Is this another 3rd member or a complete axle housing change?

2.) K-B S/C. I asked Doug about buying the parts to make 700HP on my GO Vert at the time of order (I would install them myself), he didn't know if that was possible. Is this supplied as a K-B Stage 2 or Stage 3 set-up? Inquiring minds want to know what level upgrade we would need to get from K-B for the power level desired. 800HP on race gas sounds too tempting....

3.) Suspension. Doug stated the front was an adjustable Eibach package. Eibach doesn't make one that I am aware of - did he mean FRPP instead.

Thanks, anyone with info on the above, I'd appreciate your comments.

Scott

Amy has said that the price is the same for both packages. Maybe they were referring to the newer unannounced package with higher hp.

Your rear end question was already answered I think in one of her posts.

Here is a response I got back from Shelby when I sent a email to them reqarding the Super Snake package and pricing!

I have attached the component listing. The price on the 600HP (Coupe or Conv) is the $27,995.00. The price on the 725HP (Coupe only) has not been price finalized. You can refer the ford dealers that are interested to me, so I may add them to the list if they are not already on it.

Thanks,

Adrienne Poplin

Shelby Automobiles

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood with hood pins

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front and Rear brake duct kit

Side Scoops

Quarter Window Scoops

Interior

Super Snake door sill plates.

Shelby floor mats

Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges

Satin door lock knobs

Shelby Embroidered Head Rest

Center Console with Shelby Logo

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper brake system

Shelby/Eibach adjustable coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back (600HP) or JBA 3" manifold-back (700+HP) exhaust system

Short Throw Shifter

Cold Air Intake System

3.73:1 Differential

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels and tires (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

*Convertible version only available in 600HP version

Package price $27,995

Amy has said that the price is the same for both packages. Maybe they were referring to the newer unannounced package with higher hp.

Your rear end question was already answered I think in one of her posts.

Thanks for the replies earlier, though I would just pass along what I was told. I can't get 725 from SAI because I own a vert... seems like this was bigger OOOPs than just losing stripes over the hood and deck.

My question is if it is a K-B huffer, what package are they putting on it? Stage 1 with 3" pulley makes 606 on thier calcs, but would require a $1500 upgrade to get to Stage 3 and capability to make 700+ I probably won't go the race gas route, but the possibility is there...... MMMMM.

The other question has been the vague reference to "safety issue, big time" with the HO and a vert - has anybody heard anything specific - body flex, suspension failure? I haven't heard a word about specifics.

Is there a complete rear change? What I saw was a reference to making the unit stronger, but it wasn't clear if they were dropping a complete axle assembly under it, replacing a section or axles? I would like clarification. I know Amy is the Pres and I appreciate her contributions, but I have seen some errors or changes as these packages come to light (hoods, stripes, 40th +SS, etc.) in some technical details and I am only asking for clarification.

I'm cool with the rest of the package and the check is in the mail.

Any company large or small should have all the details worked out (100%), before releasing it to the public and taking our non refundable deposits. SAI has taking approx 340 deposits for the 40th package ($2M+). Some changes have been made to this package after our deposits were sent in. Has anyone seen the completed 40th package, other then the showroom floor at SAI. Does any one know of anybody that has sent their car to SAI for the 40th package? Can they at least post pictures of one completed 40th car? Now they are calling and taking deposits for the Super Snake Package ($10K, non refundable) while still working out the S/C details for the 725hp. Was there any R&D done before going public with these upgrades?

Let's not all get too jumpy.

SAI is taking a 500 horsepower GT500 and pumping it up to produce 605 or 725 horsepower.

Shelby has to obviously test the SuperSnake package and evaluate their findings and tweak/enhance the components as needed.

We're not simply talking about "bolting" on parts to a GT500 here. The entire SuperSnake package has to meet a lot of quality and safety measures. And since Ford Racing is Shelby's partner in this entire process, they have to collaborate their findings with each other. This all takes time. A 605 or 725 HP Ford/Shelby Mustang is a "first impression" type of program - so some components might change.

What's interesting here is that SAI (Amy) has been upfront and candid during this entire process. I don't see the President from Roush, Steeda or Saleen on boards openly debating any of their upcoming vehicles with customers in such a public format.

If we all want this kind of interaction with Shelby to continue and have any input as to what any future Shelby will be like, let's just wait until the SuperSnake has completed its tests to see what the final results are.

SAI isn't going to do anybody wrong.

Things to consider:

1) In business, management and customer relations, you can plan and plan, but NOTHING ever goes exactly as planned. There will always be surpises and complications.

2) Would drivers be willing to wait an additional time span for all forms of requested testing to occur? What if it were a year or more?

3) This is honestly a good time for SAI to mention that changes may eventually be neccessary. As of today's date 08/31/2007, is there really more than a small handful of people who have already sent in money for the Super Snake package who have chosen the 725 HP option? It is true that various purchaser's of the 40th upgrade might have done so but wasn't the addition of this option on the 40th package something that SAI did not as part of the original package offer - but, due to high requests from owners/and a spirit of empathy? On a phone call as recently as last week SAI was still indicating leeway in the HP upgrade decision. Do drivers really believe they would be locked in to additional costs against their will if they weren't informed about it when they sent the money in? I don't speak for SAI but I find it hard to believe that they would ever force people to do that.

4) Aren't some of the owners jumping the gun a little bit here? Even if it were to turn out that the 725 HP option increases in price (a big if) wouldn't those who choose the 725 HP option prefer that this happens now rather than a realization later that the installed package needed adjustment somehow?

5) Is it a bad thing that these developments would not absolutely rule out an increase in HP over 725 if SAI ever decides they want to go that route too?

6) SAI has so many ways that they can resolve these issues, isn't it premature to discredit the organization and people? If they are given a fair chance to do their jobs the great majority of owners will be quite satisified, I'm sure. History is likely to repeat itself for the benefit of all GT500 owners.

7) Though the decisions are unpopular to the most vocal, there are much less vocal drivers who believe that the Super Snake /40th stripe decisions and convertible HP limit decisions are the right ones - for all concerned.

8) Not to say that the posters on this thread are doing so, but so many people want these upgrades so bad. The price is high, even SAI admits that. Isn't it human nature to express some of the frustration in not really having the monies to achieve the upgrade, but blowing off steam with complaints about why it's unreasonable or unfair with other stated complaints? It's likely to happen more than once on other areas of this site.

9) Perhaps the owners need to band together with strategies on figuring out how to pool their assets to make the upgrade experience easier for themselves, and each other. Are there any bankers on this site?

I understand that there is some R & D to be done on these packages but is it right to ask for a comittment on a product when neither cost nor content has been fully established ?

This is a substantial amount of money to consider putting into this car which already has cost us quite a bit. so a cautious approch here is in order .

That why when called I have chosen to say no at this time based on too many unknowns and important atributes about this package still in flux .

It has already changed quite a bit from what we were told initialy and unless you are one who will buy whatever SAI produces I think it's prudent to wait until everything about this car is finialized both in cost ,content and location of the shop doing the work.

I believe SAI is working to have the SS updated a little more than when they had it first shown at Tulsa. The hood ram air intake was not finished as well as not knowing if that was the 600+ or 725+ tuned up version. The Tasca show is only a few weeks away so I'm expecting to see an updated SS at the Tasca vs Tulsa show.

SPP_Ad.jpg

SPP_Ad.jpg

684.jpg

SPP_Ad.jpg

SPP_Ad.jpg

684.jpg

I don't know WHO started the RUMOR of a KB as part of the current package, but that is FALSE as far as this package goes!!! If it is part of ANOTHER package down the road, well I have'nt heard this from ANYONE from SAI and all the fliers put out to date include components of both 600+ and 725+ SS for the price and there is only the FRPP BLOWER 600+ or tuned up to 725+.

Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is 27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package. and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustang not Shelby's

examples: SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391

SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600

Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price

Rouch stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

Exterior

Shelby Super Snake Hood

Sequential tail lights

Super Snake striping

Front brake duct kit

Rear brake duct kit

Interior

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Shelby floor mats,

Satin door lock knobs

Performance

Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+

Cold Air intake

Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system

Shelby short throw shifter

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think theres more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby Gt500.

Amy

Amy's earlier quote on this thread stating the 2 hp versions are same price! So I don't know WHO is now trying to say 2 different prices, please quit with the RUMORS!!

Amy's earlier quote on this thread stating the 2 hp versions are same price! So I don't know WHO is now trying to say 2 different prices, please quit with the RUMORS!!

Sorry, it is not a RUMOR. I was called by Doug at SAI to place my order for the SS package and I was reviewing the contents in as much detail as I could get. He, not Amy, was the one who stated that for the 725HP option the final configuration and pricing had not been finalized. Maybe Amy's people are putting out the wrong information, but they are the ones I talked to - not Ms. B.

There have been numerous twists and turns in this package, it would be easier all the way around to make a decision if every component in the package was defined and finalized. Everyone - consumers and SAI - would know exactly which components were beind offered and there would be zero RUMORS. You could then decide if the complete package had a value you could justify - unless you are in the camp that you'll spend the money regardless because it is badass, or you believe somehow it will give you a ROI. I think this shows the value of having testing complete before announcing availability or taking NON-REFUNDABLE deposits, especially true when you consider the chump change being talked about. It is a leap of faith to throw down a large wad on something still "in development."

I'm not throwing down on SAI, Amy or other board members. I simply relayed information that was told to me personally by an employee at SAI for the sake of everyone on these boards. Take it or leave it for what its worth...

To quote Amy on 7/28 from the SAI forum:

"The SC if the same one is used for 6-00hp and 725 will cost the same, if we go with another, the price could change."

So if there are two different superchargers, then there could be different pricing. That is what the president of SAI said recently. Is Amy allowed to start rumors?

Things to consider:

1) In business, management and customer relations, you can plan and plan, but NOTHING ever goes exactly as planned. There will always be surpises and complications.

2) Would drivers be willing to wait an additional time span for all forms of requested testing to occur? What if it were a year or more?

3) This is honestly a good time for SAI to mention that changes may eventually be neccessary. As of today's date 08/31/2007, is there really more than a small handful of people who have already sent in money for the Super Snake package who have chosen the 725 HP option? It is true that various purchaser's of the 40th upgrade might have done so but wasn't the addition of this option on the 40th package something that SAI did not as part of the original package offer - but, due to high requests from owners/and a spirit of empathy? On a phone call as recently as last week SAI was still indicating leeway in the HP upgrade decision. Do drivers really believe they would be locked in to additional costs against their will if they weren't informed about it when they sent the money in? I don't speak for SAI but I find it hard to believe that they would ever force people to do that.

4) Aren't some of the owners jumping the gun a little bit here? Even if it were to turn out that the 725 HP option increases in price (a big if) wouldn't those who choose the 725 HP option prefer that this happens now rather than a realization later that the installed package needed adjustment somehow?

5) Is it a bad thing that these developments would not absolutely rule out an increase in HP over 725 if SAI ever decides they want to go that route too?

6) SAI has so many ways that they can resolve these issues, isn't it premature to discredit the organization and people? If they are given a fair chance to do their jobs the great majority of owners will be quite satisified, I'm sure. History is likely to repeat itself for the benefit of all GT500 owners.

7) Though the decisions are unpopular to the most vocal, there are much less vocal drivers who believe that the Super Snake /40th stripe decisions and convertible HP limit decisions are the right ones - for all concerned.

8) Not to say that the posters on this thread are doing so, but so many people want these upgrades so bad. The price is high, even SAI admits that. Isn't it human nature to express some of the frustration in not really having the monies to achieve the upgrade, but blowing off steam with complaints about why it's unreasonable or unfair with other stated complaints? It's likely to happen more than once on other areas of this site.

9) Perhaps the owners need to band together with strategies on figuring out how to pool their assets to make the upgrade experience easier for themselves, and each other. Are there any bankers on this site?

+1, Pretty much sums it up. People also have to remember that SAI was under TREMENDOUS pressure from EVERYONE for early details on the car, so SAI gave us EARLY information.

Production @ FoMoCo (and many other vehicle manufacturers) changes REGULARLY, as do price adjustments during the year, it's SOP (standard operating procedure) for many, many manufacturers in many disciplines. So this is nothing new or shocking here.

You wanted a sneak peak. You wanted early information. You got it. Now, before you shoot the messengers, try to reserve judgement until you have the facts....and understand that this is SOP in manufacturing everywhere...

If it costs a little more and won't break or kill me, it's a good idea, IMO.

And no, I don't give my money away. I am just waiting until all the facts are in. Just my .02 :)

I believe SAI is working to have the SS updated a little more than when they had it first shown at Tulsa. The hood ram air intake was not finished as well as not knowing if that was the 600+ or 725+ tuned up version. The Tasca show is only a few weeks away so I'm expecting to see an updated SS at the Tasca vs Tulsa show.

No guarantee that the SS will be at Tasca in aug . If no deal has been agreed upon between SAI and Tasca by the time of the show we probably won't see the SS there. It all depends upon what kind and if a deal has been made.

I for one am hoping to see it there too but I have a feeling it might not be there. SAI has been very quiet on this subject I'm sure because of ongoing negotiations .

No guarantee that the SS will be at Tasca in aug . If no deal has been agreed upon between SAI and Tasca by the time of the show we probably won't see the SS there. It all depends upon what kind and if a deal has been made.

I for one am hoping to see it there too but I have a feeling it might not be there. SAI has been very quiet on this subject I'm sure because of ongoing negotiations .

I fairly sure a deal has already been worked out with CS attending and the KR there. To be honest, I would probably be more comfortable with Tasca doing the SS conversion at this point.

+1, Pretty much sums it up. People also have to remember that SAI was under TREMENDOUS pressure from EVERYONE for early details on the car, so SAI gave us EARLY information.

Production @ FoMoCo (and many other vehicle manufacturers) changes REGULARLY, as do price adjustments during the year, it's SOP (standard operating procedure) for many, many manufacturers in many disciplines. So this is nothing new or shocking here.

You wanted a sneak peak. You wanted early information. You got it. Now, before you shoot the messengers, try to reserve judgement until you have the facts....and understand that this is SOP in manufacturing everywhere...

And no, I don't give my money away. I am just waiting until all the facts are in. Just my .02 :)

I agree Crispy. Good pts. :shades:

So if they called you right now looking for a comittment I guess you would have to say no , because too many things about this car are still unknown and in flux,right ?

Guys,

I said in June that the blower is the same and it will be the same price for the 605HP and its 725hp.

I also said If I change blowers for a higher HP, that would mean upgraded drive shaft, and other items, then this woould be a different price. So, if the first blower is the 605-725 and it passes and all is ok, then the price is the same. Nothing has changed.

New Blower then I will evaluate that.

Hot Rod, I would appreciate it if you tried not to "stir" the pot when there's nothing to stir

Amy

This is Amy's post from 2 days ago....looks like no RUMORS to me, price is same if passes and all is O.K. no one here has heard that it did'nt pass and/or change except for conversations on phone with other employees, looks like they should have a meeting with Amy to know what both hands are doing?

Thanks Amy.

That should stop the rumor mill from spinning for awhile.

At least on this topic of HP.

I was told by Adrienne at SAI that the price is more for the 725hp. She said why would we give more HP for the same price. I told her that Amy said that and she said , things change.

one day after Amy's post??

To quote Amy on 7/28 from the SAI forum:

"The SC if the same one is used for 6-00hp and 725 will cost the same, if we go with another, the price could change."

So if there are two different superchargers, then there could be different pricing. That is what the president of SAI said recently. Is Amy allowed to start rumors?

You twisted Amy's quote and added words, look at the quote (AMY) above from July 31st at 2:12PM 2 days ago.

Archived