TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake Official Pricing

......if you did not pay ADM, would this (super snake) seem worthwhile to you? That is the basis for my assumptions and opinions.

To me, the answer would be a resounding yes.

...in a heartbeat hekk yes!... IF I had not (voluntarily :doh: ) been jacked for ADM.... the thought of a full-on 600+ hp GT500 SS coupe essentially a factory SSnake for $68K or $69K MSRP out of the box... how sweet would that be?

$8,000 for four cross-drilled rotors and two 6-pot calipers?? Is Baer building them with Titanium? That is EXTREME. :soapbox::soapbox:

For that price they'd better be full CERAMIC at all four wheels.... Porsche charges $8K for these ceramics, they last longer than steel counterparts, negligible fade, Zero brake dust and are 11 pounds lighter per corner than conventional steel brakes.... sorry but that's the caliber of high-end hardware that I would expect for $8K brakes. http://www12.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesan...rformance/n162/

All right.... time to cease my whining once and for all.... I gotta go for a drive...with my lowly 4-piston Brembo's... :backtotopic:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...in a heartbeat hekk yes!... IF I had not (voluntarily :doh: ) been jacked for ADM.... the thought of a full-on 600+ hp GT500 SS coupe essentially a factory SSnake for $68K or $69K MSRP out of the box... how sweet would that be?

$8,000 for four cross-drilled rotors and two 6-pot calipers?? Is Baer building them with Titanium? That is EXTREME.

You missed what he said--

$8,000 for rotors, calipers, and 20" Forged wheels and 20" P-Zero nero tires. Not just the rotors & calipers & install...

$8,000 for four cross-drilled rotors and two 6-pot calipers?? Is Baer building them with Titanium? That is EXTREME. :soapbox::soapbox:

For that price they'd better be full CERAMIC at all four wheels.... Porsche charges $8K for these ceramics, they last longer than steel counterparts, negligible fade, Zero brake dust and are 11 pounds lighter per corner than conventional steel brakes.... sorry but that's the caliber of high-end hardware that I would expect for $8K brakes. http://www12.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesan...rformance/n162/

All right.... time to cease my whining once and for all.... I gotta go for a drive...with my lowly 4-piston Brembo's... :backtotopic:

Without ADM price would be more like $73K - $76K--not $68k - $69k...

I think you are missing the point. The 6 piston caliper upgrade requires the 20" rims and tires to clear so factor that into your price.

OK ..... ....So what is the cost of the rotors, calipers, brake pads, hardware kit, caliper slide grease, wheels, tires, shrader valves, wheel weights, lube to mount the tire and whatever else I missed.

With our without ADM, this is too pricey for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the SS package and I am not suggesting that the price of the package isn't fully justified. I'm sure this will be a great package. It's just that the "regular" GT500 is already a great car as far as I am concerned.

My car is currently stock and it is already very powerful, at least by my standards. I might go for a stage 1 or stage 2 down the road, as these upgrades seem to provide great bang for the buck, but I do not see myself spending nearly $30K on upgrades for ANY car. I will eventually need to replace my daily driver and when the time comes, these $30K will be very useful.

I agree! Lets break-up a $8000.00 brake up grade. Should be easy. What is the cost on the rotors, calipers and brake pad package? Parts only.

Parts only:

Front brake Baer Extreme-Plus upgrade kit with 6 piston forged aluminum calipers with Shelby Logo and cross drilled two piece rotors, parts only, $2750.

Rear brake one piece cross drilled 14" rotors, parts only, $575. (Stock calipers remain.)

20" Shelby Razor wheels $249 each or 20" Alcoa Durabright wheels approximately $700 each plus the tires of your choice, PZero Neros are $340 each and Eagle F1s for $260 each.

On the high end you're at $7485 plus freight and labor. On the low end you're at $5360+.

Parts only:

Front brake Baer Extreme-Plus upgrade kit with 6 piston forged aluminum calipers with Shelby Logo and cross drilled two piece rotors, parts only, $2750.

Rear brake one piece cross drilled 14" rotors, parts only, $575. (Stock calipers remain.)

20" Shelby Razor wheels $249 each or 20" Alcoa Durabright wheels approximately $700 each plus the tires of your choice, PZero Neros are $340 each and Eagle F1s for $260 each.

On the high end you're at $7485 plus freight and labor. On the low end you're at $5360+.

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I talked to someone @ SAI I asked how much for the brake upgrade. (I'm looking at doing the 40th package.) I was told 8k....thats $8000.00 for the brake upgrade! :o :o :o I said no I'm only taking about the brakes and he said yep that's 8k. So factor that into your equation. I decided that I'll be doing aftermarket power and braking upgrades for my car...on my own. :blink: :wacko: :headscratch:

This is wrong! The brakes for the Super snake are under 5K, closer to 4K

also, in the equation, you don't have the rear 3:73 listed. This is the gears and housing, not just the gears.

This is wrong! The brakes for the Super snake are under 5K, closer to 4K

also, in the equation, you don't have the rear 3:73 listed. This is the gears and housing, not just the gears.

Amy,

Can you tell us what parts make up the difference between the 600hp warranted version and the 725hp non-warranted? A lot of rumors are spreading around, supposedly from SAI employees, that the two packages have different blowers.

Thanks.

After taxes and transportation closer to an $80,000 car without ADM. something worth considering. Puts it in or above zo6 and M5 range.

Even if you paid MSRP that is $45,062 + tax & license. Then you pay an additional $30,170 for the Super Snake and you have a $79,740.00 + transportation costs Shelby Mustang with 650 horsepower. Then you have to convince your insurance company to cover that amount on your policy.

Most people paid $60,000+ tax and license for their GT500, then if a $30,000 Super Snake Package is added it is a $96,000 Mustang. I don't know about doing that? Plus if you already bought mods you can add that to the GT500 budget. You can almost get a Porsche 911 Turbo for that! You can buy a Corvette ZO6 for less.

Then you have all these left over parts, after they add the Super Snake Package, you need to hang on to such as the 3:30 rear axle, hood, etc...

I also see the point of modifying this car with certified Las Vegas Shelby parts, but I think it has become cost prohibitive. If this does become a collector's item it will probably take 10 to 20 years, or more and then only if it has low miles and cherry original matching number parts. But saving a car in a sealed container is no fun. So people will drive it, race Porsche's and Ferrari's (hopefully beat them for the price of the mods), put miles on it and it will depreciate.

Do you really need to spend the additional thousands of dollars on certified Shelby parts? I believe adding a better exhaust is important (like the Borla, which Shelby uses), a CAI, a good tune, maybe a pulley and a better handling package are arguably the least expensive and most important upgrades to get the most bang for your buck from what I have gathered.

Luckyguy, the way I look at it is a little different:

I have a chance to own a genuine SS GT500, for real. Not a dealer package, but a Shelby designed-run-through-SAI-for-real GT500 Supersnake.

I hunted Tasca's '67 GT500 SS knock-offs in the late 70s and early 80s, with little luck. So now's my chance for a new one. For about $4k more than an M5, which bores me to death. To me, the componants, as a whole, make the difference:

Blower with wider powerband, Forged 20" rims (less unsprung weight), 373 rear, lowered, performance suspension, bigger brakes, cooling ducts, etc, etc, etc.

This car will be well balanced and badass. Corner, accellerate, and stop better (and quicker). Don't get me wrong...Porsche, Viper, and Z06 are all very cool, but just not my cup of tea. The GT500ss is a rogue in a sea of gumball machines: bubble butt and bubble front. No differentiation for my $70-90k.

So for me, there is no substitute...

ok,

So have they started taking deposits yet? If so, how much?

PS. I see the argument everyone here is making....To me, the issue is which one? KR or SS? I like the SS because of the power options, but from what I see, unless I missed it, is that 30k gives you 600hp, so 700hp is unknown. The 30k, not sure, that Shelby will allow financing vs the KR, you can finance the whole amount. I am PRAYING I can get the GT500 near MSRP, little over, that way the 30k will not hurt a lot. But with a NORMAL ADM + 30k, it is reaching the KR price. So in the end, KR or SS? Both awesome Mustang! Both powerful! But finding good deal on GT500 will be tough! Finding a KR will be tough! .....my head hurts!

Alex

ok,

....To me, the issue is which one? KR or SS? I like the SS because of the power options, but from what I see, unless I missed it, is that 30k gives you 600hp, so 700hp is unknown. So in the end, KR or SS? Both awesome Mustang! Both powerful! .....my head hurts!

Alex

Geez, Alex...... :headscratch: ... :stirpot: .......why not both? :devil: :hysterical:

Amy,

Can you tell us what parts make up the difference between the 600hp warranted version and the 725hp non-warranted? A lot of rumors are spreading around, supposedly from SAI employees, that the two packages have different blowers.

Thanks.

There is no differnce in the 2 packages and the price is the same as well. I think the confusion that it is one blower not 2 differnt ones. If we wanted to go higher the 725 then it would be another option. we are a long way from that. But that is down the road and what we offer for supersnake is 600hp warrentied or 601hp-725hp unwarrentied.

hope that helps.

Amy

There is no differnce in the 2 packages and the price is the same as well. I think the confusion that it is one blower not 2 differnt ones. If we wanted to go higher the 725 then it would be another option. we are a long way from that. But that is down the road and what we offer for supersnake is 600hp warrentied or 601hp-725hp unwarrentied.

hope that helps.

Amy

Internet rumors can spread fast, thanks for clarifying this issue. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

After sifting over these 15 pages, it is amazing to me. No disrespect, but the cost and limited number of either the SS or KR makes these almost impossible to obtain for most of us, IF we wanted one. I see these HP numbers of 600 to MAYBE over 700 and then look at the variables mentioned above and think, WHY? Why spend all that money (if you had the chance) unless this was to invest in the long run? You can take yhour GT500's and with dozens of mods already out there, pump the same HP out, if you wanted to, for MUCH less money!

Bottom line, it makes no sense. A few thousand cars, for thousands of dollars, for a limted few to fight over, to sit in a garage? Nope, drive what you have like you stole it.... if after you are done, whatever number of years down the road, it has a value, that is the frosting!

Just my opinions... as I am more than happy to just be in the Shelby GT500 class!

• 2 weeks later...

phd go fast. The production 05 was already done when they designed the concept. It was supposed to debut in 2004. Also what I don't understand is your getting a hell of a car for a reasonable amount of money. Look at the competitors price. The z06 and viper will cost you that much. If I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat.

Luckyguy, the way I look at it is a little different:

I have a chance to own a genuine SS GT500, for real. Not a dealer package, but a Shelby designed-run-through-SAI-for-real GT500 Supersnake.

I hunted Tasca's '67 GT500 SS knock-offs in the late 70s and early 80s, with little luck. So now's my chance for a new one. For about $4k more than an M5, which bores me to death. To me, the componants, as a whole, make the difference:

Blower with wider powerband, Forged 20" rims (less unsprung weight), 373 rear, lowered, performance suspension, bigger brakes, cooling ducts, etc, etc, etc.

This car will be well balanced and badass. Corner, accellerate, and stop better (and quicker). Don't get me wrong...Porsche, Viper, and Z06 are all very cool, but just not my cup of tea. The GT500ss is a rogue in a sea of gumball machines: bubble butt and bubble front. No differentiation for my $70-90k.

So for me, there is no substitute...

AMEN brotha!!!

ok ok ok....so everyone here is debating whether the KR or SS is worth it.....well, here is a better question lol. KR, SS, SRT-10 Viper, Z06 SS, Carrera, etc? yea yea totally different performers but price is around the same

PS. I am on the SS list but have not heard a thing. I have not missed anything right? I imagine everything is still in the works...

Archived