TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby Gt350 Prototype Up For Auction At B-J January 2014

• 3 weeks later...

The owner/seller of this prototype GT350 is Shelby American's Chief designer, Vince LaViolette. In my opinion out of the 159 GT350's built for the 2011 model year this is at the top of the list to own, lots of history with this car. I'm confident that Vince will supply plenty of photo's and build details to the new owner.

Steve

The owner/seller of this prototype GT350 is Shelby American's Chief designer, Vince LaViolette. In my opinion out of the 159 GT350's built for the 2011 model year this is at the top of the list to own, lots of history with this car. I'm confident that Vince will supply plenty of photo's and build details to the new owner.

Steve

I just need surplus money. Agree, this would be a nice car to own! With such low miles I assume it will be bought for a collection and hidden away.

• 1 month later...

BJ numbers are always all over the map for the cars for a variety of reasons. More entertainment than a good value indicator. The 2011 didn't get some of the same hype that came out of the Ron Pratte offerings and even some of those high number sales were way below what he paid years ago. And some mod cars went way higher than original classics.

Makes me wonder if the values of the 2011 cars will drop with the new 2016 gt350s coming?

Hard to predict the future but the 2011 GT350 does have a few things in its favor.

- It's the first Shelby built GT350 since 1970.

- It was built in Carroll's shop.

- It was built when Carroll was with us and had his full approval.

- It has a low build number, Ford will certainly build more than 159 GT350's.

- It is so far the highest hp GT350 ever built.

Only time will tell on its future value.

Steve

All good points. The total number of 2011-14 GT350 is not yet published, but I am guessing the final numbers to be around the iconic 350 units number! if the Ford production numbers of the SVT GT500 2007-14 (around 45,000 units) are any indicator, there will be thousands of the new Ford Performance GT350 & GT350R Mustangs running around.

I'll keep my SA factory 2011. I like how it sets off the car alarms in parking garages. If I decide to add a 2015+ Mustang to the stable, it will have to be a new Shelby GT with 627 HP and a traffic cruising automatic! Much better and cheaper than a Bentley GT or Caddy CTS-V with auto!

:cool:

Very surprising that 2007 Shelby GT 001 sold for a lot more than the 2011 GT350 prototype.

This may not bold well for the values of SAI GT350's

All good points. The total number of 2011-14 GT350 is not yet published, but I am guessing the final numbers to be around the iconic 350 units number! if the Ford production numbers of the SVT GT500 2007-14 (around 45,000 units) are any indicator, there will be thousands of the new Ford Performance GT350 & GT350R Mustangs running around.

I'll keep my SA factory 2011. I like how it sets off the car alarms in parking garages. If I decide to add a 2015+ Mustang to the stable, it will have to be a new Shelby GT with 627 HP and a traffic cruising automatic! Much better and cheaper than a Bentley GT or Caddy CTS-V with auto!

:cool:

2011 to 2013 numbers have been published and those three years come close to the "iconic 350" number. 2014 numbers will be more than 2013 numbers but less than 2011 numbers so when the 2014 numbers are added to the grand total we'll be above the "iconic 350" number but under 500.

Steve

Must be a lot 2014 being finished. Based on the posted numbers: 2011 (159 units), 2012 (119 units, 2013 (36 units) for a total so far of 314. Not sure if this includes the 13 50th Anniversary cars.

Thanks for keeping us posted on production info, Steve.

Must be a lot 2014 being finished. Based on the posted numbers: 2011 (159 units), 2012 (119 units, 2013 (36 units) for a total so far of 314. Not sure if this includes the 13 50th Anniversary cars.

Thanks for keeping us posted on production info, Steve.

2012 numbers are 119 for the standard GT350 plus another 13 GT350 50th Anniversary models comes to 132 total for the 2012 model year.

2014 numbers are being worked on. Still trying to wrangle in the straggler's with a deposit but no car being sent in.

Steve

Very surprising that 2007 Shelby GT 001 sold for a lot more than the 2011 GT350 prototype.

This may not bold well for the values of SAI GT350's

Barrett Jackson prices are really not indicative of your comparison.

I am still here and the place is a zoo. The Ron Pratt hype was fueled by television viewers and not true enthusiasts.

For the uninformed masses, saying "I bought a Ron Pratt car" unfortunately will get you more creds at the country club, than stating you bought a prototype Shelby. (most of these people only know Shelby from Speed Channel(FOX, Discovery, Velocity, etc) and what Steve Davis tells them.

SGT 001 is a beautiful car ( as are all SGTs in my humble opinion), however it is basically a brand new 2007 car. GT350 001P is a major part of Shelby history and again, in my humble opinion, time will prove that.

If you track auction and resales, 2011-2014 GT350s hold up very well from a depreciation standpoint.

That was a first auction sale for the GT350. I believe that Pratte paid over twice that much for the charity auction for the 2007 VIN 0001. Deduct the charity value and he really paid MSRP!

A 624 HP 2011 GT350 hammered at Mecum Kissimee in 2013 for $95K.

A 525 HP red 2012 was a no sale at one of the Mecum 2014 auctions in 2014 at $80k

I'm well aware of the stupid prices paid at BJ as in my opinion they ruined the hobby. Just thought it was odd that the 2nd time around an 07 Shelby GT would sell more than the 2011 GT350 prototype. I'd rather own the prototype than 001

I also think not too many people outside of Shelby know about the 11-14 GT350's do to their limited production. I still own one of the ultra rare 1992 SAAC MK1's and these are so rare there is no value on them.

Barrett Jackson prices are really not indicative of your comparison.

I am still here and the place is a zoo. The Ron Pratt hype was fueled by television viewers and not true enthusiasts.

For the uninformed masses, saying "I bought a Ron Pratt car" unfortunately will get you more creds at the country club, than stating you bought a prototype Shelby. (most of these people only know Shelby from Speed Channel(FOX, Discovery, Velocity, etc) and what Steve Davis tells them.

SGT 001 is a beautiful car ( as are all SGTs in my humble opinion), however it is basically a brand new 2007 car. GT350 001P is a major part of Shelby history and again, in my humble opinion, time will prove that.

If you track auction and resales, 2011-2014 GT350s hold up very well from a depreciation standpoint.

Michael hit the nail on the head. 07SGT001 is a low mile production car that would normally bring $30-35k on eBay. So the question is does the low CSM number and connection to Ron Pratte equal a $135k premium? Two bidders must have thought so.

Steve

Michael hit the nail on the head. 07SGT001 is a low mile production car that would normally bring $30-35k on eBay. So the question is does the low CSM number and connection to Ron Pratte equal a $135k premium? Two bidders must have thought so.

Steve

I agree with Michael, too! Seriously, if I had the money, I would have picked the GT350 prototype over any car there! I fill it was worth more than the new GT350 that sold for over a million! Just my opinion.

Archived