TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Pulled The Trigger On The Kr Interior Upgrade From Sai.

Alcan KobRa

SAI now uses Katzkin http://www.katzkin.com

They will manufacture the covers and send them to an authorized installer here in my area. I'm going to remove the seats and take them in myself. I keep the original covers.

I'm getting full center inserts in Pacific Blue with Pacific Blue stitching. They no longer offer Vista, but this is pretty close. They also no longer change the headrests, but they are using one to match the stitching for winged badge insignias that will go at the top of all four seats.

I'm also having the console cover done with the insignia facing towards the front of the car. In the past, they faced towards the rear.

I purchased the blue shifter ball since they don't offer a silver one. It'll match the blue inserts though.

I'll post pics once everything is in.

AK.

I just ordered my interior upgrade to include the seats, dash pod gauges, console cover and shifter ball.

The upgrade is done by a new company so it looks nothing like the pics SAI has posted. I believe it looks better.

AK.

Good for you,

I sold a Vista Blue KR to a client in Switzerland that had the interior upgrade package, (first gen with Disney), and it looked good. I hear the Katzkin are even nicer.

Congrats and post up some pix when its all installed.

Motor on!!!

And you (and everyone else) can say this all you want:

...but deep down inside we all know that the significant majority of these mods are permanent, in the regard that you or anyone else is never going to change them back to stock. If you're tired of the car enough to want to sell it someday, I promise that you'll be lazy enough to not want to undo all those changes either.

Yes, I agree that "going back" is unlikely. I got all my take off parts when I had my BJ cars supercharged. I sent all the take off parts with the one that went to Barrett Jackson and stored the second car for a while but eventually either ditched them (the old injectors) or sold a few parts. I've got a box full of Ford GT takeoff parts too that I doubt will ever go back on.

I genuinely enjoy reading these kind of threads because every modified KR in my opinion is essentially equal to one more getting smashed up. Although I'm not chasing monetary value, I do like the rarity and uniqueness of it. The more rare, the better.

History has shown that bone-stock cars are what will be appreciated in the future more than one that's been eff'd with. Yours will forever be described as a KR with the "except..." disclaimer attached. So, go ahead and spend the money to ruin the appreciative value of yours...b/c it significantly helps mine.

And you (and everyone else) can say this all you want:

...but deep down inside we all know that the significant majority of these mods are permanent, in the regard that you or anyone else is never going to change them back to stock. If you're tired of the car enough to want to sell it someday, I promise that you'll be lazy enough to not want to undo all those changes either.

Wow, thank you for that completely unsolicited eff'd-up opinion. Whether or not I decide to ever sell the car or return it back to stock will certainly be up to me. As for effing it up, that is a matter of opinion I guess. Perhaps if I were doing it myself or having it done by some hack company the upgrade might be considered eff'd-up, but since it's an actual SAI upgrade package and it will be added to the registry I doubt I'll have any concerns. Moreover, if ever the time comes that I'm forced to sell the car I'm pretty sure I could switch out the seat covers myself or spend a few hundred dollars to have it done...if I'm feeling lazy that day.

Thanks again for your opinion/comments...eff-er. :)

Wow, thank you for that completely unsolicited eff'd-up opinion. Whether or not I decide to ever sell the car or return it back to stock will certainly be up to me. As for effing it up, that is a matter of opinion I guess. Perhaps if I were doing it myself or having it done by some hack company the upgrade might be considered eff'd-up, but since it's an actual SAI upgrade package and it will be added to the registry I doubt I'll have any concerns. Moreover, if ever the time comes that I'm forced to sell the car I'm pretty sure I could switch out the seat covers myself or spend a few hundred dollars to have it done...if I'm feeling lazy that day.

Thanks again for your opinion/comments...eff-er. :)

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: ....eff-er

Best reply ever!

I looked at that upgrade and in the end i have decided to go with the TMI seat covers. i liked the TMI cover for the seat cushions, has the recaro look and feel with the high back.

Congrats and enjoy, and look forward to seeing the pics

Very cool seat. Looks like something out of Knight Rider. :)

AK.

OMG! I am so sorry to everyone in the KR community. I have completely eff'd up not one but two KRs. TVS, 20"Alcoas, "14 GT500 ds. Even though I boxed all the stock parts up, dada is 100% correct in that I'll never reinstall them. Why would I? The cars are better performing for it all. Now if my kids want to put them back to oem that's their business when they inherit them. I don't purchase cars to speculate as investments. I buy them because I like them and want to enjoy them my own way. I agree it's nice to see fully original cars but how boring would it be if when you went to a show and there was nothing but row upon row of the same thing with owners spouting statistics on a car they don't drive. Just my 2 cents.

You guys have offspring ? :drop:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Haven't you heard of "Lady DaDa?

It would appear the dada has nothing better to do than cause a disturbance in force of this thread. Perhaps we should all be nice to him. Would someone please invite him over for Thanksgiving? Please.

AK.

OMG! I am so sorry to everyone in the KR community. I have completely eff'd up not one but two KRs. TVS, 20"Alcoas, "14 GT500 ds. Even though I boxed all the stock parts up, dada is 100% correct in that I'll never reinstall them. Why would I? The cars are better performing for it all. Now if my kids want to put them back to oem that's their business when they inherit them. I don't purchase cars to speculate as investments. I buy them because I like them and want to enjoy them my own way. I agree it's nice to see fully original cars but how boring would it be if when you went to a show and there was nothing but row upon row of the same thing with owners spouting statistics on a car they don't drive. Just my 2 cents.

Unforgivable!

AK.

Good for you,

I sold a Vista Blue KR to a client in Switzerland that had the interior upgrade package, (first gen with Disney), and it looked good. I hear the Katzkin are even nicer.

Motor on!!!

I sure do miss her. I wish I had her back.

Good for you,

Motor on!!!

Well said Tom :thumbsup:

Archived