TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby Gt350 - Official

tomas6791

I just priced a Camaro ZL1 - w/ all the bells & whistles it came to $62,490. The base GT350 better be no more $$ if Ford wants to sell them, unless it will run circles around the ZL1. The "R" model would then justify higher pricing.

When I said Z I meant Z/ 28 which has a MSRP of $75K. The GT 350 is more aimed @ the Z/28 market. Not sure what the Z/28 will sell for once they sit on the lots for a few months. GM made a mistake with that pricing just like they did with the Cadillac ELR. That thing has a MSRP of $77,690 and now sell new for $'56,997. I hope Ford keeps the BASE 350 @ the mid $50's . I agree with you that the ZL1 has a lot going for it but is still too expensive @ $62k. You can buy a 13 for under $44k today. That's a big hit on the wallet.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I said Z I meant Z/ 28 which has a MSRP of $75K. The GT 350 is more aimed @ the Z/28 market. Not sure what the Z/28 will sell for once they sit on the lots for a few months. GM made a mistake with that pricing just like they did with the Cadillac ELR. That thing has a MSRP of $77,690 and now sell new for $'56,997. I hope Ford keeps the BASE 350 @ the mid $50's . I agree with you that the ZL1 has a lot going for it but is still too expensive @ $62k. You can buy a 13 for under $44k today.

Thanks for clarifying...shows what I know about Chevy's :lol:

those are some great pics... high resolution. i thought i read the fender vents behind the front tires were functional, but in at least a couple of pics they look like a solid piece of black plastic like it's just decorative. i hope not....

I stood next to the car on Sunday after they had been driving it and the first thing I noticed was the heat being evacuated thru the vents.

When they were detailing the car they removed the wheels and tires and the designer showed and explained how the vents worked

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors from Detroit Auto Show of GT350R and just about everything else (including GTE class car aka "new Ford GT")

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/01/ford-shelby-gt350r-gt-f150-raptor-performance-brand-detroit-report/

"Ford is also expected to release a Track Package for the Mustang Shelby GT350 that will help fill the performance gap between the stock model and a hardcore Mustang Shelby GT350R rumored to be making its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in just over a month’s time."

"This Mustang Shelby GT350R will be the true rival to Chevrolet’s Camaro Z/28 and will likely be priced closer to Chevy’s $75k starting price; expect the car to feature many premium options such as carbon ceramic brakes, uprated wheels and tires, and some serious weight-saving mods."

Rumors from Detroit Auto Show of GT350R and just about everything else (including GTE class car aka "new Ford GT")

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/01/ford-shelby-gt350r-gt-f150-raptor-performance-brand-detroit-report/

I was definitely anticipating an "R" model GT350. How could they not do one at this point?

"Ford is also expected to release a Track Package for the Mustang Shelby GT350 that will help fill the performance gap between the stock model and a hardcore Mustang Shelby GT350R rumored to be making its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in just over a month’s time."

"This Mustang Shelby GT350R will be the true rival to Chevrolet’s Camaro Z/28 and will likely be priced closer to Chevy’s $75k starting price; expect the car to feature many premium options such as carbon ceramic brakes, uprated wheels and tires, and some serious weight-saving mods."

Any word as to a non-VIN GT350R?

I was definitely anticipating an "R" model GT350. How could they not do one at this point?

Any word as to a non-VIN GT350R?

Ford is also expected to release a Track Package for the Mustang Shelby GT350 that will help fill the performance gap between the stock model and a hardcore Mustang Shelby GT350R rumored to be making its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in just over a month’s time.

This Mustang Shelby GT350R will be the true rival to Chevrolet’s Camaro Z/28 and will likely be priced closer to Chevy’s $75k starting price; expect the car to feature many premium options such as carbon ceramic brakes, uprated wheels and tires, and some serious weight-saving mods.

I had heard rumors it would be like the Cobra Jet today, strictly a race car, not street able.

Correct, but it will be the next in line of the FR500S, FR500C, Boss302S, Boss302R. It will probably not be ready for Daytona in January (possible), but the next in line car (name still under cover) may be ready by Sebring.

Ford is also expected to release a Track Package for the Mustang Shelby GT350 that will help fill the performance gap between the stock model and a hardcore Mustang Shelby GT350R rumored to be making its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in just over a month’s time.

This Mustang Shelby GT350R will be the true rival to Chevrolet’s Camaro Z/28 and will likely be priced closer to Chevy’s $75k starting price; expect the car to feature many premium options such as carbon ceramic brakes, uprated wheels and tires, and some serious weight-saving mods.

I hope the track package for the GT350 is much better than the track package for the Mustang GT. The Camaro track package kicked the Mustang GT track package in the BOO-TAH-KEY.

I had heard rumors it would be like the Cobra Jet today, strictly a race car, not street able.

Correct, but it will be the next in line of the FR500S, FR500C, Boss302S, Boss302R. It will probably not be ready for Daytona in January (possible), but the next in line car (name still under cover) may be ready by Sebring.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived