TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby Gt350 - Official

tomas6791

This is awesome.

2016%20Ford%20Mustang%20Shelby%20GT350%2

from the press release:

All-new Shelby® GT350 Mustang is a thoroughbred capable of tackling the world’s most challenging roads and racetracks

GT350 is powered by a unique, high-revving flat-plane crankshaft 5.2-liter V8 engine that will produce more than 500 horsepower – the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the new GT350 and it just needs a spoiler on the rear deck lid. Something subtle like the Shelby lettering on the front splitter. Those who did not like the front fascia of the 2015 Mustang GT will have a hard time coming up with anything but positive things to say about the GT350... except maybe the price. What a great looking car! Hope it performs as good as it looks. :love_shower:

I sure wish I was able to go to Gardena today. I really want to see this thing now. Hopefully I'll be able to swing it in the first year of production, but probably the second. Wow, that thing is beautiful. Look at the rear tires in that picture.....lovely!

Shelby didn't have anything to do with the GT500 for the last two (three?) years of its original run either. They were purely a Ford product.

I'm going to bet the VIN #1 will be on the docket at Barrett Jackson (maybe even in January) but without Ron Pratte to buy it who will?

Yes, but the GT350 is not he GT500. We all know that.

I know this won't sit well with too many folks on here, but I'd much rather have a Ford-produced "Shelby" than a Shelby American-modded Ford. As awesome as the story is with the reunion between Ford and Carroll, the truth is that the folks at SVT can produce something much more amazing and technologically advanced than what Shelby American can. The things that SAI can do to a car may add value for some people, but they cannot make them truly unique from an engineering perspective. At the end of the day, Shelby American cars are not much different than what any aftermarket performance-minded business or individual can do themselves with a base Ford starter car. There's nothing truly proprietary beyond the badges and certificates. The fact that SVT has created a 5.8L engine unique to the 2013-14 GT500 makes it truly special when compared to Saleen and Roush and the all the other "special edition" Mustangs. You don't see Ford creating a unique model for Roush, for example (or anybody else for that matter). That says a hell of a lot about the Ford-produced Shelby cars to me... that it is a Shelby through DNA, from the ground up, engineered as such, which is far more appealing to me than what SAI does in granting a second VIN and riveting plaques to the frame.

I know this won't sit well with too many folks on here, but I'd much rather have a Ford-produced "Shelby" than a Shelby American-modded Ford. As awesome as the story is with the reunion between Ford and Carroll, the truth is that the folks at SVT can produce something much more amazing and technologically advanced than what Shelby American can. The things that SAI can do to a car may add value for some people, but they cannot make them truly unique from an engineering perspective. At the end of the day, Shelby American cars are not much different than what any aftermarket performance-minded business or individual can do themselves with a base Ford starter car. There's nothing truly proprietary beyond the badges and certificates. The fact that SVT has created a 5.8L engine unique to the 2013-14 GT500 makes it truly special when compared to Saleen and Roush and the all the other "special edition" Mustangs. You don't see Ford creating a unique model for Roush, for example (or anybody else for that matter). That says a hell of a lot about the Ford-produced Shelby cars to me... that it is a Shelby through DNA, from the ground up, engineered as such, which is far more appealing to me than what SAI does in granting a second VIN and riveting plaques to the frame.

What you said is *SO* true. Even without the GT350 badging, this car is some awesome technology!

I would agree with that statement.

Yep, so everybody will have one now....just like the GT500. I think GT350 owners will not like this. Its going merge the bloodlines.

nah, even a run of 7 years is not enough for "everyone" to have one. they are still rare by mass-produced standards and with attrition rates, they will only get more rare with time (if that is important to you). probably more important is the maintenance aspect. kinda sucks that large swaths of the industry (repair, insurance) don't even acknowledge the existence of the pre-title cars, much less the post-title cars. go look up a replacement part for your Shelby GT and you'll see what i mean... there's only a "Mustang GT" and a "Shelby GT500". then go look for your Shelby-specific parts like stripe kits (there isn't any). but you certainly can order a set of OEM GT500 stripes without any problems. that's important to me. personally, i think the collaboration between Ford and SAI was a little ill-conceived, with cars competing against cars and all this fabricated competition about whose car is more "real", but if it results in selling more cars, they've done their job. and if more people have something they enjoy driving it can't be all bad. i would agree about the GT350, though not for the reason of exclusivity you are impying. the new car kinda makes the SAI car look like it was created prematurely and a little "soft" by comparison. this new GT350 is one bad bitch... straight from Ford/SVT. i can't wait to get my hands on one.

You don't see Ford creating a unique model for Roush, for example (or anybody else for that matter).

Well yeah, no kidding. Roush makes their own (pre-title) car so for Ford to make a Roush would be in competition with themselves.

Not sure if Saleen is a pre-title or not but I think the same goes for it.

Phill

The one Carroll touched is what counts to me (40th). That said, who knows if Ford/Shelby will reach out to Hertz for another special run. I guess time will tell.

He also touched the Shelby GT :-)

Archived