TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40 Th Badge

old man

Wouldn't it be nice if Shelby parts would offer the 40th Badge for sale, instead of us bidding against each other on E-bay, driving the price up one item at a time. After all these were for our cars to start with, Harley

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've already done it with all the other parts for KR's etc. so not to surprised. I was told a couple of years ago when I wanted a second one that they only made enough badges for the 500 cars made. So unless they are selling the ones which have not been picked up yet, somebody obviously wasn't telling me the truth. I have also been told that there are none of the 2006 Hertz side badges available (different from the 2007's) so we'll see if any of those pop up at some point. I was lucky and found a second pair on e-bay one time which were found in the glove box of an early rental car in AZ, so I was able to get those at a pretty penny. They were brand new with the double sided tape and all. Came in handy when I did the re-paint as my first set had quite a bit of the chrome missing.

Who's selling & post picture

Shelby has been selling on their ebay page for quite a few weeks now. The bad part is that you don't know how many they have to sell. They just sell one at a time, so it's hard to say when they will run out. Very bad selling tactic (well good for the seller) but really screw's us as you think they only have one, and then another comes out after that one sells. So they were selling for over $100 but now down to $50-60 since the guys willing to pay over $100 have them now. Pretty rude selling tactics since they know it will be us owners bidding against each other for these. Why would any one else want them as they are pretty darn specific to the Shelby GTH, there were not other Shelby's in 2006?

It is sad. But it seems Shelby is "cleaning out the closets" and moving on. Kinda makes us old loyal owners feeling left in the dust. They are selling everything that was related to the old shop or old cars. Complaints like this have been voiced many times on this site. Nothing changes. We are yesterday's newspaper.

The bad part is that you don't know how many they have to sell. They just sell one at a time, so it's hard to say when they will run out. Pretty rude selling tactics since they know it will be us owners bidding against each other for these.

When these first popped up on the ebay store I was wondering the same thing so I asked them this very question and they responded to me that there was 8 of these. I think they have sold 6 or 7 of them now so only 1 or 2 left.

Just ask them, they've always been pretty honest with me.

QSS

Shelby has been selling on their ebay page for quite a few weeks now. The bad part is that you don't know how many they have to sell. They just sell one at a time, so it's hard to say when they will run out. Very bad selling tactic (well good for the seller) but really screw's us as you think they only have one, and then another comes out after that one sells. So they were selling for over $100 but now down to $50-60 since the guys willing to pay over $100 have them now. Pretty rude selling tactics since they know it will be us owners bidding against each other for these. Why would any one else want them as they are pretty darn specific to the Shelby GTH, there were not other Shelby's in 2006?

Hmm, I guess I have to watch Shelby e-bay. I saw one with no back. They advertised as a piece to stick on a toll box. Thanks. None at this time. Since I have mine on my car, sure would love to have a complete spare!

Just an FYI, I have a never worn yellow (mustard) GT-H "T-shirt" I would be willing to trade for a 40th anniversary 1966-2006 plaque. Must be complete with the backing. Same that came with the 1st registered owner Shelby package.

I have an MPH magazine and I am looking for a shirt .... maybe we can make a three way trade if anyone is interested.

Archived