TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wait For Next Gen Gt500 Or Get A 2013-14?

Ezio

I just saw some info on the 2017 GT500 today. 740+ hp... We'll see. The GT350 will be out in 2016 and it will be the top dog at Ford until the next one comes along. You have to love it! It's better than the 80's with big blocks Barely pushing 200 horses. I'm still loving my 2014.

This is a great time to be a muscle car enthusiast!

Pete

The GT350 is a very smart play for Ford. They get 2 or 3 years of interest in the 350 and rekindle with a 5.0, FI, GT500 monster that would run the remainder of this generation. Nothing really has time to get stale at that point.

Lets hope so.

I just saw some info on the 2017 GT500 today. 740+ hp... We'll see. The GT350 will be out in 2016 and it will be the top dog at Ford until the next one comes along. You have to love it! It's better than the 80's with big blocks Barely pushing 200 horses. I'm still loving my 2014.

This is a great time to be a muscle car enthusiast!

Pete

+1

It makes sense that a GT500 model is in the mix as the recent camouflage pics clearly show two different models, one had a huge bulge on the hood.

• 5 weeks later...

NEW NEWS!

Spring 2017 NEW GT500 will be available.

The only available SVT will be the GT350 coming spring next year.

http://horsepowerkings.com/is-ford-getting-ready-to-announce-a-750-hp-svt-mustang/

I am holding on to my 2014 GT500 until 2017, HOPEFULLY.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

LCL

I bought my 2014 in November 2014. I really wasn't too excited about what I heard and saw in the 2015 Mustang at the time. I love the body and power of mine so I am happy with my choice. Now that the 2015 is out and seeing the options coming to market I really like it a lot....but I love my GT500!

Keep one 13-14 GT500 (and a Boss LS) and buy the GT350...and the next GT500 :)

You just need a larger garage.

+1

At one time I owned three Mustangs at the same time: a 1987 GT, a 1985 GT and a 1970 base 302 AT convertible. They are a bit more expensive these days, and I used to do most of my own work on the cars. I'm not ready to "upgrade" just yet. It will be interesting to see what the final numbers will be on the GT350.

Pete

Archived