TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wait For Next Gen Gt500 Or Get A 2013-14?

Ezio

I passed the chance to buy a 2013 GT500 new, now I am looking into one again. After a friend of a friend got one and I had a chance to check it out in person. I think the car is beyond badass. With that said the new gen mustang is out. The next gen GT500 or some kind of Blown V8 mustang is going to be coming. Rather its called a GT500 or not. I cant see ford not putting a FI v8 in a mustang at some point in time.

Is it a smart move to buy a old body style? I am not worried about the 2013-2014 GT500 performance, more so the fact the new car will look a lot better. Might make the 2013 look outdated exterior wise. I feel like we are going to see a new GT500 in 2015-2016.

I passed the chance to buy a 2013 GT500 new, now I am looking into one again. After a friend of a friend got one and I had a chance to check it out in person. I think the car is beyond badass. With that said the new gen mustang is out. The next gen GT500 or some kind of Blown V8 mustang is going to be coming. Rather its called a GT500 or not. I cant see ford not putting a FI v8 in a mustang at some point in time.

Is it a smart move to buy a old body style? I am not worried about the 2013-2014 GT500 performance, more so the fact the new car will look a lot better. Might make the 2013 look outdated exterior wise. I feel like we are going to see a new GT500 in 2015-2016.

There will not be a 2015-2016 GT500, but watch this site Monday evening for some news on what is coming.

There will not be a 2015-2016 GT500, but watch this site Monday evening for some news on what is coming.

i am less worried about what is coming, rather when its coming. When I say 2015-2016 I mean the year, not the model year.

If you can wait (and that is up to you) the 2016 GT350 will eventually be accessible for you to physically see/touch/feel/drive. Then you can make your determination of which car you want at that time. Patience will pay off. If you choose to go with a previous year model, it will be less expensive then as well.

I don't see how you can make a decision at this point since you only have information on one of your options, the 13-14 GT500? Next week, you will get information on the new SVT release so you have 2 cars to compare. I expect the new SVT car to be more of a track related non-SC performance vehicle to compete with the Z28, probably with low 500+ HP. I think they are saving a SC or Turbo version (GT500?) for future release to fill out the line up. We will see.

Thanks for the reply’s guys. Ya I am not really interested in a track mustang. I want a more road friendly one, like the GT500. Cars like the Z/28 don’t appeal to me. I am guessing ford is going to release a GT350 that will be a high powered N/A engine. Then release a Gt500 with a blower or turbo system V8 mustang. To complete with cars like the hellcat

There

Thanks for the reply’s guys. Ya I am not really interested in a track mustang. I want a more road friendly one, like the GT500. Cars like the Z/28 don’t appeal to me. I am guessing ford is going to release a GT350 that will be a high powered N/A engine. Then release a Gt500 with a blower or turbo system V8 mustang. To complete with cars like the hellcat

Pretty sure there will not be a GT500 in the near future. I think there will be a few different versions of the GT350 though and Yes one of them will be able to compete against the Hellcat.

There will not be a GT500 for a while or maybe never. We don't know. All we know is that (1) the GT500 brand is in retirement. And (2) Shelby American has also retired the GT350 moniker. (And add into this mix that the Boss 302 has also been retired by Ford.) Logic would say that Ford will have something with a GT350 badge. Stay tuned to tomorrow's announcement.

The GT500 was a straight line car (recall the 9000 mile GT500 from Becker) as was the modern incarnation. The GT350 was a track car, as was the Boss 302.

Look for a new incarnation of at GT350 in a few hours. I hope it has a Shelby badge associated with it!

It'll be a decade before you so much hear a rumor of 600 hp on independent rear suspension, handling is absolutely worth it and we've been waiting patiently. But if you want 600 here's your chance, headers challenge the hellcat!!

Only thing it's missing is speed controlled two position seat memory and headgear deployment.

Wicked as a whistle i I know I got one, 2013 listed on craigslist for 55,000 MSRP 65,500.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4766923863.html

Just to close this. The is no new gt500. The last is 2014 if that is what you want. The future is a gt350 that has an entirely different purpose.

I find it kind of hard to believe ford would not make a supercharged Mustang when the hellcat just came out. I mean I would love to get my hands of one of the last GT500s we will have for a while. But I feel its to good to be true. There has to be a GT500 coming for this gen mustang. I wanna be wrong though.

Call me crazy, but I think you have to look at the direction Ford is going on the racetrack.... Ecoboost. Now we have a high revving smaller displacement V8 that is just a prime candidate for an Ecoboost system. Imagine how much HP that powerplant could make with a twin turbo setup? We're talking easily 100% increase or higher, but I doubt Ford would be able to bring that kind of power to the street. Too much red tape so they would dial the boost back to something that would eclipse their rivals. Superchargers are on their way out from what I see and Ford is looking towards the future/has a history of tinkering with turbos. Whether or not the GT500 name plate will return in the future remains to be seen.

Call me crazy, but I think you have to look at the direction Ford is going on the racetrack.... Ecoboost. Now we have a high revving smaller displacement V8 that is just a prime candidate for an Ecoboost system. Imagine how much HP that powerplant could make with a twin turbo setup? We're talking easily 100% increase or higher, but I doubt Ford would be able to bring that kind of power to the street. Too much red tape so they would dial the boost back to something that would eclipse their rivals. Superchargers are on their way out from what I see and Ford is looking towards the future/has a history of tinkering with turbos. Whether or not the GT500 name plate will return in the future remains to be seen.

Well said Viper.

I find it kind of hard to believe ford would not make a supercharged Mustang when the hellcat just came out. I mean I would love to get my hands of one of the last GT500s we will have for a while. But I feel its to good to be true. There has to be a GT500 coming for this gen mustang. I wanna be wrong though.

Ford and Shelby have both stated that the GT500 name is retired for now. I would expect to see a new generation Mach 1 before the GT500 label returns. In any case, it's not on the product horizon, so if you want to wait 30 years again. If you want something now or in the next 2 years, your choices are limited to 2013/2014 GT500 (for max power) or the GT350 (for a road track car).

Ford and Shelby have both stated that the GT500 name is retired for now. I would expect to see a new generation Mach 1 before the GT500 label returns. In any case, it's not on the product horizon, so if you want to wait 30 years again. If you want something now or in the next 2 years, your choices are limited to 2013/2014 GT500 (for max power) or the GT350 (for a road track car).

Ok. I have some thinking to do.

I now have 3 cars that have stopped being made sts v 469hp 14 mpg ext 410 hp 12mpg and a gt500 13mpg. And the Cafe regulations keep going up.hmm do we see as trend it's like in the early 70s when we had the oil embargo and it killed the muscle car market. same thing now they'll go turbo

Gotta love all these speculations. Great entertainment for sure. The internet experts have now proclaimed that there will be no more GT500s, nor any forced induction Mustangs in the future that is portrayed in their crystal balls. These are the same geniuses that were sold on the idea of the GT500 being a 2 year "limited" edition product.

"Internet experts" "geniuses" .... If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. Of course you are probably too young to have heard that phrase before to know what it means. I wish your mom would give you a roll of quarters and drop you at the mall arcade for a few hours. Then while you are gone put your computer in "time out" or at the very least take away your internet privileges. I just can't understand why someone wants to come on a forum and antagonize adults trying to converse. I would bet you do this on the Camaro and Challenger forums too.

Archived