TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shout-Out To Ray D. From Central California

Just want to give a shout-out to Ray from Central California for being the only Shelby-Dodge owner to stop by SAI for a visit during SEMA week. Gary Patterson and I spent some time with Ray reminiscing about Bob Marsh and how the Shelby Dodge enthusiasts are always welcome here at SAI.

I first met Ray over 20 years ago and consider him one of the most dedicated Shelby Dodge enthusiasts to ever come along. Keep up the dedication Ray.

Steve

• 2 years later...

Just want to give a shout-out to Ray from Central California for being the only Shelby-Dodge owner to stop by SAI for a visit during SEMA week. Gary Patterson and I spent some time with Ray reminiscing about Bob Marsh and how the Shelby Dodge enthusiasts are always welcome here at SAI.

I first met Ray over 20 years ago and consider him one of the most dedicated Shelby Dodge enthusiasts to ever come along. Keep up the dedication Ray.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Hope to make it to SEMA 2017.

Will stop by Shelby American to say hi.

Ray

Central California

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Hope to make it to SEMA 2017.

Will stop by Shelby American to say hi.

Ray

Central California

Sounds good Ray. The only Shelby Dodge guys I recall seeing last SEMA was Chris and Vic from Arizona.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, GLHS988 said:

Best wishes and hopes for a swift recovery to Ray.  He's been in the hospital receiving treatment for an infection.  He was hopeful he would be discharged soon.  

Warren

Well that explains why I didn't see Ray during this years SEMA week. I sent Ray an email a week or so after SEMA to see if everything was ok but didn't hear back from him so your post now explains why.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Steve

• 3 months later...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ray once again.  He's been in the hospital for 3 weeks already for an undisclosed ailment.  He said the treatment regiment will keep him parked there for another 3 weeks.  I'm hoping that this treatment will lead him to a full recovery and that he'll be well enough to go to SDAC-29.

Warren

• 9 months later...

I met up with Ray for dinner about a month ago.  My first time meeting him.  Was kind of fun for both of us to talk Shelby Dodges with somebody face to face.  Shelby Dodges have become such a rarity in Central and Northern California that I often feel I am on a deserted island for owning these cars.

Ray is rehabbing from major surgery.  While he still has fire within for Shelby Dodge cars, he is facing some major challenges ahead.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  He's a good guy who has had a tough run on things these past two years.  Thanks.

Warren

Archived