TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Be Decide On Wheels... I Like The Razors, But......

Chair_Force_One

Guys, I kinda like the razors on American Muscle, and I really like the prices, but I really want a staggered fit, with 10's in the back.... What affordable rims will allow me to get that staggered fitment I want????

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-shelbyrazor-0509.html#shop-by3

Guys, I kinda like the razors on American Muscle, and I really like the prices, but I really want a staggered fit, with 10's in the back.... What affordable rims will allow me to get that staggered fitment I want???

You can get staggered Razors that will fit a GT500 as long as you have the stock brakes. AM sells 10" wide Razors with the correct offset to fit the back of our cars....they may not have updated their "fitment guide" to list the GT500 yet.

Z-man

So guys... am I reading this right... Foose nitrous 18" will fit our shelby's but 20"s wont? is anyone running foose nitrous in here? they look badass

http://www.americanmuscle.com/foose-chrome-nitrous-0509.html#shop-by2

It has nothing to do with the size of the wheels (as long as they are greater than 18's), it has to do with the design of the spokes. If the center of the wheel is designed to arch out enough to go over the outer pistons of the brake calipers. The 20 x 9 razors will fit over the front brakes as long as you get the 24 mm offset. The 20 x 10's will fit over your rear brakes as long as they are stock, not aftermarket multi piston calipers.

20's will give a harsher ride, likely slower accelleration and potentially worse handling (greater unsprung weight). Main advantage of 20's is ability to fit really big brakes... and many people think bigger just looks better. (my opinion only)

20's will give a harsher ride, likely slower accelleration and potentially worse handling (greater unsprung weight). Main advantage of 20's is ability to fit really big brakes... and many people think bigger just looks better. (my opinion only)

You're probably accurate about the ride and handling, but they sure look good

IMG_5861_zps35b9ef20.jpg

Ugh, does anyone have a good contact at AM... every bone head is telling me the 20x9 will not fit over the front calipers... frustrated...

There are two different 20x9's. the 24mm offset and the 40mm offset. the 40mm will not fit over your brakes, but the 24's will. So just make sure that you get the correct 20x9's. However, looking at the web site, it looks like they only stock the 24's now. If you click on the fitment screen it shows the GT500, so what do the sales reps on the phone say about that? Correct, they did not used to stock the 24's, so it's possible that the sales reps you are talking to do not know that. They just started selling the 24's again about 6 months ago. There's many threads on that here if you look up Razor.

Anything you want to know about the Razors, which ones fit, which ones don't and why can be found here. I have pics in this thread of why the 20x10's will not fit the big brakes but the 20x9 24mm's do. If your rear brakes are stock and you will not be adding multi piston calipers, then yes, the 20x10s will work great on the back.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70742-can-anyone-help-with-shelby-razors/?&p=1211179&hl=razor&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=1211179

That's all a personal choice. If you like the way it is now, there is no reason to lower it at all. I personally do not think the KR springs lower it enough, but that is my opinion. If it were me, I'd be using a kit that will lower it about 1 1/2" - 2" in the back and 1 1/2" in the front. If you do that, you will also need an adjustable Panhard rod to re-align your rear end under the car. As you lower it, you will push the rear end over to the drivers side of the car and the tire on the 20's will stick out the drivers side and be equal or under the car on the passenger side.

Ok I bit the bullet and bought the 20" razors staggered, lowering springs and adj Panhard bar... should be in next week

Nice, what color of Razors are you getting and what tires (and sizes) are you going to put on them?

27230 - Shelby Razor Chrome Wheel - 20x10 (05-14)

27229 - Shelby Razor Chrome Wheel - 20x9 (05-14 All)

101926 - Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire - 305/35-20 (05-14)

79541 - Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire - 255/35-20 (05-14 All)

Archived