TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Squeaky (Noise) 2014-Gt500

braztang

Dear all,

I really do not like a squeaky noise coming from under the driver's side of my GT500 .

When I am driving with windows open, at local traffic conditions, slow speed I can hear this very bothersome squeaky coming from under the car. I though it was from the breaks, but I am ALMOST sure it is not the breaks, as when I am driving, and the noise appears, I tap the breaks and it continues. It could be from the one of the wheels, or even the frame (chassis).

Anyone ever experience that? any inputs would be very helpful.

Thank you so much as usual.

LCL

Is it a hard top or convert? I've got a convert and like my 05 GT vert I had I occasionally get some noise from left side and when I put down the small side windows (Which the hard top does not have) the noise goes away. Sometimes these squeaks and/or rattles can be difficult to pinpoint the exact location they are coming from.

they have a TSB for squeaky front end has to do with control arms.

Got that and called the Dealer.

Car going in for diagnosis.

In terms of warranty, Do you think it will be a problem that I have a TUNE and a Cold Air Intake on the car?

Thank you again,

LCL

I have a 13 vert and have the same noise coming from the left side of the car. I put on long tube american racing headers flowing into a corsa exhaust and thought maybe the headers pushed the exhaust back and the exhaust hangers were rubbing against part of the frame.

I had the exhaust adjusted and still have the noise at 2000-3000 rpms. The noise sounds like its inside the car but hard to tell. Anybody with help will be much appreciated.

Car back from the dealer.

The two issues:

None resolved. Service depto. advised that the squeaky noise is not a problem, rather normal as it is not so loud, after testing and checking control arms, bars, etc!

The transmission/differential whining is said to be normal for the type power train on high performance differential on the GT500.

Car is ready and no service performed.

I guess I have to live with it!

These are the things I sometimes have a hard time accepting when you pay 70K for a vehicle, and a 25K car has absolutely no issues. GO FIGURE.

Cheers

LCL

I'd take it to just a local service garage and have them putit on a lift and go around under the car trying to locate it by pulling and banging on parts.plus sit in the car on the lift and move around to Ser if you can isolate it. I've done that with my local oil change place on a ext truck and fixed it

Archived