TEAM SHELBY FORUM

P0171 And P0174 After Installing Jlt Carbon Fiber Cai

takoarm

Installed the JLT Carbon Fiber CAI and car is throwing P0171 and P0174 (running too lean). What is the standard troubleshooting procedure for something like this? I checked all of my connections and they seem fine even made sure dip stick was sealed. Do I need to upgrade the throttle body to the Ford Racing Cobra Jet model? I used the SCT tuner with the tune they place on the tuner and changed the settings on it to show the upgraded Cold Air Intake.

Thanks in advance.

Installed the JLT Carbon Fiber CAI and car is throwing P0171 and P0174 (running too lean). What is the standard troubleshooting procedure for something like this? I checked all of my connections and they seem fine even made sure dip stick was sealed. Do I need to upgrade the throttle body to the Ford Racing Cobra Jet model? I used the SCT tuner with the tune they place on the tuner and changed the settings on it to show the upgraded Cold Air Intake.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Did you ever get this sorted out? I had the exact same experience last week. I cleared the trouble codes with my Diablo InTune and reinstalled the CAI where it attaches to the throttle body and have not had a code since.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta tune it. Before you do, you might want to add the pulley and auxiliary arm. The CAI gets you (I may have this backwards) 40HP; with the pulley another 60 totaling 100. But that was with a canned tune from JLT using their SCT Tuner.

It made a big differnce on my 09 GT500. When I added the Kooks headers and cat-less H-pipe and retuned, I got 640HP at the flywheel up from 500HP.

Not bad at all. Yeah they did a custom tune after I did the pulleys and air box. She hit 541 on the dino. Next engine mods for me will be throttle body. Before that though I will do Wilwood big brakes, supersnake hood, and suspension. Then stage 2 will be Shelby radiator and heat exchange.

Archived