TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 2000

Ian9614

OK, so I'm probably off topic here, but after a visit a while back to Vegas, and of course the headquarters, I was thinking: Who gets to drive CSX 2000? I'm sure they push it around quite a bit, but does anyone have permission to drive it? Can the President of Shelby hop in and cruise down the strip? I'm betting insurance companies have some type of list of permitted drivers, but I bet someone here knows... BTW, if you haven't been to the new HQ, and you get the chance, stop in. Highlight of my trip.

CSX2000 does indeed run but most of the time we just push it around if it needs moving a short distance. If we take it to a car show or convention its driven on & off one of our enclosed trailers and sometimes the trailer can be a few blocks away so the car does get driven some.

In the past Gary Patterson has taken CSX2000 out for some "parade laps" but certainly not at any substantial speeds. With CSX2000 having a value over 25 million dollars the odds of seeing CSX2000 cruising down the Vegas strip are pretty slim.

Steve

CSX2000 does indeed run but most of the time we just push it around if it needs moving a short distance. If we take it to a car show or convention its driven on & off one of our enclosed trailers and sometimes the trailer can be a few blocks away so the car does get driven some.

In the past Gary Patterson has taken CSX2000 out for some "parade laps" but certainly not at any substantial speeds. With CSX2000 having a value over 25 million dollars the odds of seeing CSX2000 cruising down the Vegas strip are pretty slim.

Steve

John Luft was driving it around Monterey during the Antique Races the year SHELBY was honored.

I think somone said he drove it out to Cannery Row and out to Quail (I think).

I was surprised that *anyone* would chance a drive that far on the street with the value it would fetch...or cost of totaled.

Phill

John Luft was driving it around Monterey during the Antique Races the year SHELBY was honored.

I was surprised that *anyone* would chance a drive that far on the street with the value it would fetch...or cost of totaled.

Phill

And I applaud them for taking the car out into the wild. During the Ford GT rally visit to the museum a few weeks ago CSX2000 whispered in my ear "drive me"

Phill

Yes, saw CSX 2000 driving in the paddock at Laguna Seca in 2012. Most likely coming from or going to the Cobra display.

Phill

I love the story John tells of pulling CSX2000 into a Shell station in Monterey for fuel. Folks just stared in disbelief. Well done John and SAI.

I love the story John tells of pulling CSX2000 into a Shell station in Monterey for fuel. Folks just stared in disbelief. Well done John and SAI.

And I'll bet'cha no one even knew it was "Number One".

I get the same thing when I pull into a station with my ERA Replica. There is no longer any such thing as a quick gas stop. About the time you get done with one person, two more come up with their Cobra questions and stories.

It's actually a little frustrating...

Phill

Archived