TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cs40 Wheels And Tires

Sasquatch

I would like to get these wheels for my stock 08 GT500 and I was wondering what would be the best tire make and size for this application? Also, with this setup would the car need to be lowered to not only look right, but to accomdate the larger tires and wheels? At this point tires, wheels and suspension are stock. I figured a few of you had been there and done that so you could offer valuable advise (maybe some pictures). Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been asked numerous times.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a tire size suggestion? I will probably stick with 20 x 9 in the front and 20 x 10 in the back. Also, when lowering the car is springs all I need, or do I need some type of suspension / handling kit?

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a tire size suggestion? I will probably stick with 20 x 9 in the front and 20 x 10 in the back. Also, when lowering the car is springs all I need, or do I need some type of suspension / handling kit?

You will need a adjustable lanyard bar. If not when you lower the rear your rearend will stick out further to one side then the other.

You will need a adjustable lanyard bar. If not when you lower the rear your rearend will stick out further to one side then the other.

Ha...ha... Looks like you got spell checked. I believe you mean Panhard bar.

If you're looking for an affordable but effective lowering kit, I'd suggest the GT500KR suspension set. You can find them on Ebay for around the $190-200 mark + shipping. Have the setup on mine and it was an easy install and works and looks much better than stock while retaining a nice ride for a daily driver like mine.

yes, sure. but you can get by for less if you have to. to lower the car and make it visually appealing with the new tires, all you really need is springs, which are significantly cheaper. the panhard bar is not mandatory, but the more you lower it from stock, the more it will shift the entire rear axle the one side. panhard bar is pretty cheap, so i would (and i did on mine).

as far as tires are concerned, i'd stick with 255 upfront and 295/305 if you have 10" in back. you can do your own research by plugging in the numbers here... http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

I would like to get these wheels for my stock 08 GT500 and I was wondering what would be the best tire make and size for this application? Also, with this setup would the car need to be lowered to not only look right, but to accomdate the larger tires and wheels? At this point tires, wheels and suspension are stock. I figured a few of you had been there and done that so you could offer valuable advise (maybe some pictures). Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been asked numerous times.

Here's my 2007.

IMG_2085.jpg

20x9 fronts, 20x10 rear. Nittos NT555, 255/35-20 fronts, 285/30-20 rear.

All I have for suspension mods are a set of Bob's LCA's. Did not want to lower the car because, A) I personally don't like lowered cars and B) I don't want to chew up the carbon fiber splitter.

Archived