TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ac Clicking Just After Starting

Dismantle

Anyone out there experience this on their car sounds like a fan clicking about 20 times from the AC?

I have warranty and I would guess its covered however just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and what it was.

Anyone out there experience this on their car sounds like a fan clicking about 20 times from the AC?

I have warranty and I would guess its covered however just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and what it was.

Are you talking about the blower (inside) fan?

If yes, I've seen situations where someone dropped something (a pencil) down the vent on the dash and it rubs against the squirrel cage when turned on.

If you're talking about the AC clutch, get to a shop IMMEDIATELY. It's likely low on freon and the pressure switch is cycling.

Phill

2010Kona

So the clicking starts before the engine is started basically goes on for about 3 seconds and from the research i have been doing on it before getting it in for warranty check i think it may be the Blend Door Actuator. If i fiddle wit turning the Air Conditioning on or heater it goes away sometimes or doesn't happen every time.

From my research it sounds like this was a problem and sometimes reoccurring problem from 2005 till 2010 before they changed the Blend Door Actuator design.

Was curious if anyone else has seen this or if I am just that lucky!

Thanks,

Justin

My 08 Bullitt did the same thing, turn key and get machine gun like clicks from under the dash...Had blower motor replaced under warranty and it fixed problem for 11 months...when it returned dealership said no warranty on replacement parts or work performed after 90 days so I traded it in for my Shelby. Have not thought about that again until I read your post...

Good luck w the repair

This is the sound of a defective blend door switch. This is a common problem on the 05-09 cars. This is the first time I have heard about it on a 2010+. It is probably about that time for it though. Seems to happen around the 4 years old mark. It is a relative easy fix since it is just above the glove box toward the center of the dash. Thankfully, you have warranty coverage and can have someone else do the work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived