TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt 350 To Be Revealed Nov 17Th

Bill_T

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! That was the intent of my post "As mentioned during the unveiling, from the A-pillar forward all exclusive to the GT350, aluminum fenders etc."

You've got to wonder what the big deal about the aluminum bodied F150 is. Maybe for someone that uses a truck as a driver (as I now do) but as a work truck that gets beat on (as mine did) I can't see it at all. My truck has lived outside all of its life. I've been in hail storms that would destroy an aluminum body. I don't get it.

You've got to wonder what the big deal about the aluminum bodied F150 is. Maybe for someone that uses a truck as a driver (as I now do) but as a work truck that gets beat on (as mine did) I can't see it at all. My truck has lived outside all of its life. I've been in hail storms that would destroy an aluminum body. I don't get it.

Their saying it will be as strong if not stronger. It's all about the technology and the test of time.

Sick Car!!!!!!!! Any price points yet? I love so many New Cars, but do not want to add to what I have, not enough garage space, my DD already stays outside. The Boss 302 almost got me to sell the Shelby GT, this might put me over the edge.

I'm right there with you Carnut....this one may cost me my SGT ownership...something i never thought could happen nor would happen.

Andy.

It's all about hitting CAFE standards while still providing an engine large enough to do the towing/hauling they need. Also don't worry about the aluminum beds, Ford already equipped osme fleet vehicles with them back in 2011 and the fleet owners couldn't tell any difference to the damage done to the beds vs their steel counterparts.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-secretly-tested-its-aluminum-f-150-beds-in-the-real-world-starting-in-2011/

I can't wait to see it in person - I like some of the features but, the front fenders look like they came off of a Corvette. I wished that they had stayed with the "traditional" C line down the side and brought in some rear brake scoops instead of going with the front fender side heat extractor cutouts. I do like the CS Series 1/ SGT-H heat extractor style hood and the low stance of the car along with the back end ( Saleen shape lines ) and quad tip exhaust. Very appealing overall - nice job.

Mid $50's is the number I heard at the unveiling today for the base GT350.

Mid $50's for base would be ok in my book . If you don't want the upgrade radio and even adjustable dampers then that would keep cost reasonable. Not everyone is going to track this car. More options is the way to go.

Any word on 8 speed auto ?

Glad to see Ford finally got the ass end down , looks good.

I can't wait to see it in person - I like some of the features but, the front fenders look like they came off of a Corvette. I wished that they had stayed with the "traditional" C line down the side and brought in some rear brake scoops instead of going with the front fender side heat extractor cutouts. I do like the CS Series 1/ SGT-H heat extractor style hood and the low stance of the car along with the back end ( Saleen shape lines ) and quad tip exhaust. Very appealing overall - nice job.

I thought the Front Fenders were a spin off of the Shelby Wide Body front Fenders.

Mid $50's for base would be ok in my book . If you don't want the upgrade radio and even adjustable dampers then that would keep cost reasonable. Not everyone is going to track this car. More options is the way to go.

Any word on 8 speed auto ?

Glad to see Ford finally got the ass end down , looks good.

I believe it was mentioned that it will only have a 6 spd manual.

Archived