TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt 350 To Be Revealed Nov 17Th

Bill_T

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the video carefully. Just WHAT will be announced on the 17-Nov? Some people think it may be much greater than a GT350 Mustang. There are going to be 5 videos

(Just so you didn't miss it buried in the article, here's the link to #1):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7xUimBWFo

It doesn't seem that the now-Ford GT350 warrants such a rollout. Could it be more?

Did you catch where Mr. Farley says "turbo charged" in this segment? So we are talking the 5.2L 180 deg turbo charged engine?

I don't expect it to have a turbocharged engine, it will probably be NA around 525 HP and significant suspension and brakes to compete with its natural rival, the Camaro Z28. Leaves room in the lineup for a GT500 later with SC or Turbo and 650-750 HP.

This will be fun to watch.

I don't expect it to have a turbocharged engine, it will probably be NA around 525 HP and significant suspension and brakes to compete with its natural rival, the Camaro Z28. Leaves room in the lineup for a GT500 later with SC or Turbo and 650-750 HP.

This will be fun to watch.

He definitely said turbo charged. I expect it will be.

The guys are also talking about a lot of different milestones and successes of Ford not related. So while he talked about how successful the Ecoboost has been, does not definitely tie that to this car. So will still be a wait and see. Hopeful, but possibly not.

The guys are also talking about a lot of different milestones and successes of Ford not related. So while he talked about how successful the Ecoboost has been, does not definitely tie that to this car. So will still be a wait and see. Hopeful, but possibly not.

Hey are you working the continental @ Daytona in jan 2015. Any word on the multimatic mustang yet?

Hey are you working the continental @ Daytona in jan 2015. Any word on the multimatic mustang yet?

Yes I'll be in Daytona in January. New Mustang will probably not be out by Daytona, but is pretty far along. Actually, because I'm saving my vacation time right now for Daytona is why I will not be in Gardena on Monday....argh.... I so wanted to go to this on Monday! I almost pulled the trigger on airline tickets yesterday, but just can't right now.... :banghead:

Right, I think he was referring to recent Ford direction with Ecoboost, turbo's, etc. but not directly referencing the GT350. I would be surprised if they boost the GT350 and not wait for a later model.

Well if I were to take a guess or 2 of this picture, than I will have to say; New wide body GT350 or a New Ford GT. The angle of the picture, low taking the picture at an up angle, the fenders look wide being way further out than the side mirrors. Cannot wait till Monday! What ever it will be, I am sure it will knock our socks off!

There are several keywords in the video. "We've widened the hood and lowered the front track". This is a modified vehicle. The Ford GT absolutely can't be lowered! That was the reason it had a two year run was for front bumper coverage.

Not saying it won't have some awesome "lines". And I might want one.

This is an announcement for a production vehicle. It's not something for a homologated 1000 unit (or 6000 unit depending on which rumor you listen to in which time frame) for a LeMans GT class contender. I hope I'm wrong on that and it will blow our socks off but if it is a GT class car, expect 400K plus entry point.

Archived