TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt 350 To Be Revealed Nov 17Th

Bill_T

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that the name of the video is related to the badging on the car, or for that matter any interior emblems...

..however, the video titled calls it a "Shelby GT350" and opens with a video of Mr. Shelby himself. They claim, "Lives up to the legacy" I'd assume they aren't running off with the GT350 name and calling it a day. I think this thing looks incredible.

"Ford is promising that it will be the most powerful naturally-aspirated production engine it has ever built, pumping out more than 500 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque."

Does this mean NO Super Charger?

Ford will leave a lot on the table for the aftermarket.

Note that the Boss302 didn't have a supercharger either. As a track car it doesn't really need it. It's about handling not horsepower.

That says GT350. There's a clear shot of that in the video.

It could be that everyone will continue to call it a "SHELBY" GT 350 even if it is actually a "FORD" GT 350. Remember the new Ford "GT40" is actually just a "Ford GT" but everyone still calls it a "GT40".

Ford will leave a lot on the table for the aftermarket.

Note that the Boss302 didn't have a supercharger either. As a track car it doesn't really need it. It's about handling not horsepower.

Thats what I am thinking to, now SAI can do their tricks to it (including an SC).

Wow that's one sweet car and can't wait to get my ass in one. Way to go SVT that's a grand slam. That silver paint really shows off the wonderfull curves and flares.

I can't wait to see all the stuff Ford brings to the race track in the next few years. Look out Le Mans here come the Ford boys in LP 2 and maybe a GT 350R. Would that be great or what.

Maybe even Daytona 24 this January. Multimatic Mustang and Scott Pruitt in GTP.

I had a 1966 Shelby GT 350 and no Shelby on the car body. Shelby on the intake and that was it.

Ok, so it had the Shelby name on it.

The GT350 does not have SHELBY on it.

Given the announcement today at Shelby in Gardena I expect we'll see what Shelby will be doing to the 2015 Mustang and maybe what their plans are for the after market for the GT350. Gonna be exciting. Wish I could have been there.

We'll most likely know more from SAI come early 2015. Will be pretty darn exciting I'm sure.

Very interested to know if FORD will offer it with an Automatic as an option? They claim the Mustang is a World car now well all high-end sports cars all come standard with Automatic tranny's from Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Aston Martin, even Corvette so enough with the bullshit about it cannot handle the HP and Torq as the Corvette, the Camaro ZL1, even the Caddy CTS-V all have Automatics and more HP than the GT350

Very interested to know if FORD will offer it with an Automatic as an option? They claim the Mustang is a World car now well all high-end sports cars all come standard with Automatic tranny's from Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Aston Martin, even Corvette so enough with the bullshit about it cannot handle the HP and Torq as the Corvette, the Camaro ZL1, even the Caddy CTS-V all have Automatics and more HP than the GT350

I bet a lot of the younger crowd can't even drive a manual. So we shall see.

It looks like no more stripes over the roof or on the side. Well I just saw a white one so all the stripes are available. The silver looks good with less stripes and carbon fiber roof or whatever that is.

Ok, so it had the Shelby name on it.

Only the aftermarket intakes had Shelby on them. The originals had "COBRA" intakes and valve covers. The only place the original GT350s had Shelby's name was in one place on the SFM tag - manufactured by shelby american, inc.

018big.jpg

The 1965 GT350 used the Mustang name and logos including the pony logo here and there (as did the GTH and SGT). They did have a CS racetrack logo on the center cap of the Cragar wheels.

I take it back. It does have Shelby on it: The front splitter is embossed with it. I was looking in the traditional rear deck location.

Well, that's good...but it sure would be better to see the lettering on the rear....but, I know, their intent is to kill all the "classic" stuff.

I'd like to know more about the engine. The flat plane design has been around for a long time but not in a Ford design so they had some work to do. That's probably why the 5.0 went to 5.2 at the same time. I would expect the engine to show up in the FRPP catalog crate engine soon.

Second is the magnetic shocks (Magnalev technology).

Maybe we can start a tech thread to discuss these... I would but don't know where to do it. Mods, how about a 2016 GT350 subforum?

I'd like to know more about the engine. The flat plane design has been around for a long time but not in a Ford design so they had some work to do. That's probably why the 5.0 went to 5.2 at the same time. I would expect the engine to show up in the FRPP catalog crate engine soon.

Second is the magnetic shocks (Magnalev technology).

Maybe we can start a tech thread to discuss these... I would but don't know where to do it. Mods, how about a 2016 GT350 subforum?

I'm with you on that. Want to learn more! I like that they did not supercharge and are going after the Camaro Z28 on the track.

The original GT350 was only a GT350 after the modifications by Shelby. That's what made them elite as a Shelby. Now if Shelby gets it after it's already labeled a Shelby GT350, then what will set it apart to give it that "name"/elite status.

Only the aftermarket intakes had Shelby on them. The originals had "COBRA" intakes and valve covers. The only place the original GT350s had Shelby's name was in one place on the SFM tag - manufactured by shelby american, inc.

018big.jpg

The 1965 GT350 used the Mustang name and logos including the pony logo here and there (as did the GTH and SGT). They did have a CS racetrack logo on the center cap of the Cragar wheels.

Oh, OK...having at least that SFM tag would be good enough for me. I'm reading elsewhere that the new GT350 does indeed have "Shelby" on the front fascia, so that alleviates my concerns about the new one.

Archived