TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt 350 To Be Revealed Nov 17Th

Bill_T

It's actually a front end view of the new mustang. Notice the driver's side headlight through the smoke. The angle upward combined with the long hood gives an elusion of a wide bodied car. SVT GT350. SAI's car is next. Bound to be the best yet.

Ahh, I gotch ya. Through me off. Still, cannot wait to see it. Especially the Shelby version!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'll be in Daytona in January. New Mustang will probably not be out by Daytona, but is pretty far along. Actually, because I'm saving my vacation time right now for Daytona is why I will not be in Gardena on Monday....argh.... I so wanted to go to this on Monday! I almost pulled the trigger on airline tickets yesterday, but just can't right now.... :banghead:

It's great that the Mustang will race in the continental series but is there any word on any other series ? Like maybe take up the slack that the Viper left open or maybe compete with the Cadillac CTS -V series. Would love to see the Mustang go back to the Le Mans 24 since they will sell the car over there. Just my 2 cents and wishing it will come true again. The Saleen mustang was the last time a mustang was @ Le Mans.

"Ford is promising that it will be the most powerful naturally-aspirated production engine it has ever built, pumping out more than 500 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque."

Does this mean NO Super Charger?

Looks really good, but this is still a CGI rendering. Where is the real prototype?!?! Interesting that there are no roof stripes....

I like that they are doing what they can naturally aspirated as well. I'm sure there will be plenty of power adders available to boost this thing even more.

The front splitter says Shelby at least. Not seeing it elsewhere.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/11/17/shelby-gt350-mustang-the-legend-returns.html

5.2 flat plane and high revving V8 - 5.0 goes to 7K, this may near 8k rpm
500+hp naturally aspirated
Magnetic ride shocks
widebody
10.5" wide wheels up front/ 11" wide in the rear
15.5" 6 piston Brembo's up front - 15" 4 piston Brembo's in the rear
Aluminum vented hood
Flat Bottom steering wheel & Recaro seats
Satin finished in interior instead of chrome to reduce chance of glare
5 mode traction control system

Archived