TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Racing Fuel - Gulf 116 - Colorado

NMAv

Nothing within 741 miles of Denver. I find that third to believe. Everything is in Texas or CA. I was just by three places that sell the stuff last week. Didn't know ....

I've sent the company a note to see if there are additional dealerships not mentioned on the website.

I've left messages with Bandimere and Pueblo. Send Gulf and Sunoco emails requesting CO dealerships. I can have it shipped here but it is really expensive for shipping and I'd really need to buy 3-4 barrels to make it worth it. Might try to talk a friend into bring some up this way when he comes through town.

Nope just need 116. Oops. Just found Sunoco. Not sure what I looked for but there are a lot of Sunoco race fuel dealerships in the area. Thanks.

Where?

When I first bought my GT500 I did a Internet search for hi octane fuel. I came up with a few but every single place I went to was either closed down or no longer carried it.

I'd be very interested in finding a source...

Phill

116 may be tough to get in Colorado even through some of the race shops and folks that sell Sunoco. That octane is normally just not needed at this altitude in even the monster compression race engines. Normally, a 116 in Texas would be similar to a 110ish here in Colorado. Due to the lack of oxygen, the chemical make up of combustion is different here and the need for the higher octane. This is also why 85 is the standard unleaded here vs 87 at most places and 91 being the max you can usually find instead of 93 like in Texas and CA. Just for some info. Don't want to get in a full Octane need discussion, but just know that it is quite different here than at lower altitudes.

Yea, I understand it may be a problem/is a problem. Things sorta blew up at the Texas Mile so Jon Lund II and Van want me to run strictly 116 here on out. No more E85 etc. Might end up taking a road trip to San Antonio if I can't find it around here and I can't get it shipped reasonable. Probably cost the same to go pick it up but I can work a vacation into the trip .... Or better yet, find some clients to visit.

Mike, my motor and car are built for the Mile. Not going to be doing a lot of street driving. Putting down 1100 rwhp now and I'm upping the blower from the 3.6 kb to the 4.2 KB.

I hope you had a blast at the Mile. I always do.

There is a Magnum Mile (1.5 mile) event coming up in April at the Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave CA if you're interested.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it or not. I'm already breaking out at the mile mark and they're not sure if they'll have a 1 mile clock or not.

Phill

I am very proud of my black T-shirt, that's for sure.

You were there last time?

I have a black Tee and a green T myself.

Phill

Archived