TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet, Cleanable, Reusable, High-Flow Oil Filter

Toxicologist

Hi All,

I just posted the K&N Part Number for the 2013/2014 Shelby Cabin Air Filter by K&N (#VP2020) on my last topic, and while at the K&N Site, I noticed that they are selling, for $262.99, a billet aluminum oil filter with a stainless-steel mesh filter that you clean and reuse every oil change (K&N Part Number SS-2010). [Disclosure: I am not in any way associated with K&N; however, I do use their engine air filters in my cars, and now their cabin air filter in my 2013 Shelby GT500 and all my motocross bikes use their engine air filters and my KXF250 uses their stainless steel mesh reusable oil filter]. Because I have used their reusable oil filter on my motocross bike, I was wondering if anyone has used their reusable automobile oil filter. Looking at the specs for it, the only difference I noticed compared to the stock pool filter is the lack of an "anti-drain-back valve". The filter photos look like it would be a quality part - for $262.99 it better be!

Any thoughts?

Keith

• 3 weeks later...