TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Street/drag Radial Wheel And Tire Selection

CobraCon

After going to the track a few times I realized the car was begging for some slicks or drag radials. I really didn't want to have a different wheel in the rear than in the front , Also I am to lazy to want to swap slicks out before I left the track or the next day. So here is what I decided to go with. Mickey Thompson wheel and tire package the only thing required is moving the rear sway bar this kit includes the bracket needed.I will install them tomorrow and post before and after pictures. I will be using these primarily for the strip but found the price very reasonable the packages start at $1200 to $1600 depending on the finish. I am not brand particular but wanted to share this with other people looking for a wheel and tire alternative for the strip.

Yes I did , but they are DOT approved . I think with this set up the concern would be rain . But under normal driving on a dry road they would be fine to get back and forth to the track. I would not be using them as a primary wheel and tire just for the strip.

Looks like a nice package @ a very reasonable price. Let us know how you do at your next trip to the track.

They look really good and give the car a different stance and feel while driving. I went to a secluded area for a few burn outs and launches all I can say is wow Very little spin at 3500 rpm launch I can even feel the rear end go down as the tires grip the road at launch. Will be a couple of weeks until I hit the track again but I kinda think that these tires will perform better on a track. Cant wait to see will keep you posted.

Archived