TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Cabin Filter

Toxicologist

Just changed my stock cabin filter with the new K&N cabin air filter. I have 35,620 miles on mine and have been driving it since 7/7/2012, so the stock filter was quite dirty. Easy to change, just undo the 2 screw-clips covering the passenger-side firewall bulkhead grill cover, tilt it up (you do not have to remove the wiper arm like you do on some models) and reach in to remove the filter (and it's holder) together. Take old filter out of holder, put new one in holder, replace. The stock filter is a flimsy piece of "tissue paper" the K&N is very robust and well made. Note that the K&N Cabin Filter uses a different cleaning solution than the engine air filter and it is not oiled, instead, it is sprayed with a special cabin filter only spray to recharge it.

Just changed my stock cabin filter with the new K&N cabin air filter. I have 35,620 miles on mine and have been driving it since 7/7/2012, so the stock filter was quite dirty. Easy to change, just undo the 2 screw-clips covering the passenger-side firewall bulkhead grill cover, tilt it up (you do not have to remove the wiper arm like you do on some models) and reach in to remove the filter (and it's holder) together. Take old filter out of holder, put new one in holder, replace. The stock filter is a flimsy piece of "tissue paper" the K&N is very robust and well made. Note that the K&N Cabin Filter uses a different cleaning solution than the engine air filter and it is not oiled, instead, it is sprayed with a special cabin filter only spray to recharge it.

Good info. Thanks. Do you recall the K&N part number?

Cabin Air Filter is K&N Part Number VF2020, also, I will start another thread about their billet oil filter.

Did you start that other thread yet? I'm interested in finding out more about it. I have a K&N on my Cobra 427 but it's not billet, just has a hex on the end of a standard looking can.

And it's the same filter as my GT500 and Raptor uses so I may be interested in getting three of them.

Phill

Did you start that other thread yet? I'm interested in finding out more about it. I have a K&N on my Cobra 427 but it's not billet, just has a hex on the end of a standard looking can.

And it's the same filter as my GT500 and Raptor uses so I may be interested in getting three of them.

Billet, Cleanable, Reusable, High-Flow Oil Filter

http://www.knfilters.com/kn/hot-wheels-promo-a?pcid=FHWA&logid=918044&addid=695596&lnkidu=368

K&N is offering a special GT500 K&N hotwheels diecast if you purchase a new air filter or cabin filter. You must use the link above to get the promotion and if you want to order more than one diecast you will have to place separate orders. I placed three separate orders tonight so I should be getting 3 diecasts.

I bought the cabin filter for my 08 SGT and a cabin filter for my 13 Boss and a air filter for my wife's smart car.

Could someone post photos of how to install the cabin filters?

http://www.knfilters.com/kn/hot-wheels-promo-a?pcid=FHWA&logid=918044&addid=695596&lnkidu=368

K&N is offering a special GT500 K&N hotwheels diecast if you purchase a new air filter or cabin filter. You must use the link above to get the promotion and if you want to order more than one diecast you will have to place separate orders. I placed three separate orders tonight so I should be getting 3 diecasts.

I bought the cabin filter for my 08 SGT and a cabin filter for my 13 Boss and a air filter for my wife's smart car.

Could someone post photos of how to install the cabin filters?

Just got mine yesterday and the hotwheels is a 2010 GT500. Still pretty cool bling to ship with the filter.

Archived