TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Cf Rear Valance To Get??

stevenh

I love my 2010 but hate that cheap plastic rear valance. I've been watching all the threads but lately they've died out. I read a lot about the real CF having fit issues, but the dipped have chipping issues. I've got to get something, anyone know which one is best. I don't mind dipped, but there isn't much point if its gonna be all chipped up in a year and I don't want one that looks lousy because it doesn't fit right. Thanks

Trucarbon makes a piece. It is bolt on. Don't worry about chipping. I wish the '09 piece was bolt on.... was a pain in the ass to install as an overlay. Finished product looks far better than the plastic and goes well with carbon rockers and front splitter.

i have the tru-carbon rear valance on my 2010, great looking , $1200 , it is a nice part ,but be careful when you have it installed or if you do it yourself, the part is very stiff compared to the plastic stock valance ,you have to work it a little bit because its so stiff it jerked my bumper down (where rear quater panels meet the bumper by the wheel wheels ) i finally massage it back to within a 16th of inch ,i notice it now ,but if i didnt tell someone looking at it they would not notice it, try to install it in warmer weather ,not like i did in the winter it makes it much harder because everthing is stiffer, after market parts always need a little tweeking, all in all the part is very nice and tru-carbons products are very good (the valance was not installed in this photo)

i have the tru-carbon rear valance on my 2010, great looking , $1200 , it is a nice part ,but be careful when you have it installed or if you do it yourself, the part is very stiff compared to the plastic stock valance ,you have to work it a little bit because its so stiff it jerked my bumper down (where rear quater panels meet the bumper by the wheel wheels ) i finally massage it back to within a 16th of inch ,i notice it now ,but if i didnt tell someone looking at it they would not notice it, try to install it in warmer weather ,not like i did in the winter it makes it much harder because everthing is stiffer, after market parts always need a little tweeking, all in all the part is very nice and tru-carbons products are very good

Archived