I have a JPC Line Lock kit on my 2011 GT500. I engage it as follows:

1. Start car

2. Disable Traction control

3. Turn Line lock on.

4. Step on brake

5. With clutch depressed, rev motor to 2500 RPMs

6. Release clutch

Stall.

Doesn't matter if I try to feather the clutch or just drop it, the car stalls. The rear wheels are locked up just like the front ones. We have been to JPC to verify the installation and they say it is correct. I've not gotten anything back from them regarding this issue as I just now discovered it while testing things.. Anyone have a similar experience?

I have a slp linelock, to engage it I push the brakes, then the line lock button, then let off the brakes and the line lock holds the front wheels until I let go of the button....

I think you might need to reverse steps three and four...

Pretty sure OCD is right, a normal burnout/line lock procedure would be as follows:

1. Start car

2. Turn off Traction control

3. Pull into burnout area

4. Step on brake pedal

5. Turn on Line Lock

6. Release brake pedal

7. With clutch depressed, rev motor to 2500 RPMs

8. Release clutch

9. Release Line Lock after tires have heated up (3 - 5 seconds)

If installed correctly, the Line Lock when triggered holds pressure only on the front brakes until you release the Line Lock.

Pretty sure OCD is right, a normal burnout/line lock procedure would be as follows:

4. Step on brake pedal

5. Turn on Line Lock

Either one should work. Press on brake first or engage soleniod first.

My Granatelli instructs me to engage the line-lock first then step on brake.

Like I said, either one will work.

It sounds like someone installed his in the rear lines instead of the front (at the ABS module).

Phill

Sounds like the various instructions are giving contradictory information, a look at the schematic or flow diagram would help clear things up.

Typically the Line Lock is a simple solenoid that interupts the flow to the front brakes.

For it to work properly in that configuration, you would have to press the brake pedal first to build pressure in the brakes, and then trigger the Line Lock to retain the brake pressure only in the front brakes.

You would then release the brake pedal to free up the back brakes, while the Line Lock maintains pressure in the front brakes to hold you in place.

You do your burnout for 3 - 5 seconds, and release the Line Lock to come out of the burnout.

You will hear a nice loud chirp as the slicks or drag radials grab the launch surface.

If you somehow had a system that interupted the rear brake lines, then you would trigger the Line Lock first and then press on the brake pedal.

In that situation, only the front brakes would receive pressure when you kept your foot on the brake pedal.

That would be difficult to do on a standard transmission car, because you would have to hold the brake pedal down, while operating both the clutch and gas pedal.

That setup should work fine in an automatic transmission car though.

• 2 months later...

Being a hydralics guy and understanding how the solenoid works and thats all this system is, once there is power (ignition on) and you pressurize the system (press the brake pedal) then engage the solenoid, brake pressure is locked into the line to the calipers until you disengage the solenoid allowing the pressure to revert back to the resevoir. All the line lock does is lock in the pressure applied to the brakes by energizing a solenoid which prevents that pressure from returning to the resevoir. I deal with similar systems on a daily basis for ship ballasting. No way your rear brakes would stay locked unless 1. you installed it wrong, or 2. you didnt let off the pedal.

Archived