TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby American Forged Wheel - Coming October 27, 2014!

CaitlinC

:lurk:

This thread has gotten better than a soap opera.

I thought Gary Patterson was taking the lead on Team Shelby?

"In his new role, Patterson will manage corporate communications and a broad range of strategic consumer initiatives and experiences. Leveraging his extensive background with Shelby, he will oversee a variety of programs that interact directly with enthusiasts and the media. Patterson will also play a key role in the oversight of Team Shelby for Shelby American. He will report to Mr. Conway and provide day-to-day support to Mr. Belair."

Is this a personal attack? :shrug:

Peter

This is my last comment on this....

Bitch all you want about the price of the wheel, the style of the wheel, the day of the week, but attacking the moral fiber of anyone (much less an executive of the company that makes this forum possible) is a violation of the TS use policy and will not be tolerated.

Michael

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wheel looks like it was designed from the old chuckwagon on Rawhide. Ouch. Wagon spokes wheels. Is that what the guys want these days?

I think its a great looking wheel and I hope to seem more designs of modern and a classic flavor.

It can be really tough to say exactly where the raw material is sourced from. While it may have been provided from Russia but the Bauxite could have been sourced from anywhere in the world, including the US.

While I do prefer to spend my money with American Companies it very narrow minded to condem any person or company for doing buisness with a company from outside the US. The world is simply too small a place to keep everything inside the boarders.

Or, look at this way, your American Dollars aren't even American. China and Japan own the vast majority US debt and by proxy owns the gold that backs the dollar.

Come on guys and gals, Shelby has not even released pricing on these wheels yet or any full pictures. Lets wait until the official release on the 27th before giving judgement on these wheels!! Seriously, a forged wheel, made in the USA does indeed cost considerably more than " rotary forged" or wheels said to be "Made in America", that truly are not. I myself, truly love the old Alcoa's, but am keeping my pallet open to see what the new ones bring.

As for cost and quality. I know most will not care, but I will give this for what's its worth. My 2013 Mercedes CLS 63 has the additional cost "forged" wheels that were an extra cost option. I paid extra for them when ordering the car, as I figured they would be better for resale when I sold them (did not like the way they looked). Average going price for them was $4500-6500 per set with tires on ebay, while the base AMG wheels are lucky to sell for $2K. I sold mine for $5500 shipped to NY. The HRE wheels I ended up having made for my car, cost me $6500. Call me crazy, but the original "forged" AMG wheels do say "Made in Taiwan" on the back which many of the OEM's have resorted to because of cost, and weigh 23/26 lbs each and are 19X9.5 front and 19X10 rear. My new HRE's that are really made in USA and really forged, are 20X10 front (18lbs) and 20X11.5 rear (20 lbs) and took 11 weeks to get!!

Seriously, lets wait until the 27th to give judgment. Wait to see them on cars.

Carry on.....

Alex

Brown noser.

:hysterical2:

:hide:

J/K Alex.....luv YA too bud. :)

Peter

Bitch all you want about the price of the wheel, the style of the wheel, the day of the week, but attacking the moral fiber of anyone (much less an executive of the company that makes this forum possible) is a violation of the TS use policy and will not be tolerated.

Michael

Are you kidding me Michael? Personal attack on an executive of the company?

Sounds like a reach to me. But what the heck.

You're the moderator. So I'll go back to the NTT or Garage.

Have a great day!

:salute:

Have a great day!

For what my two cents are worth I behind you peter.

Have a great day!

Not the same company as before. Paranoid. Yep. Back to the NTT? Not sure.

Speaking of personal attacks Michael, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Just saying my opinion.... :)

I just finished reading this and all I can say is wow. I bet Carroll Shelby is rolling over in his grave! He wanted, and was able to make a super car that any hard working American could afford if they really wanted too. Thank you so much Mr. Shelby for this. However the prices for these wheels are definitely not keeping with this mind set or idea! $499 was pushing it per wheel with the Alcola's but was obtainable if one really wanted them. Then a staff member from Shelby makes a statement about Alcola wheels that was plain stupid, yes He should get the coat and put it on. For the love of God man, you work at what many of us would consider a dream job, and many of us look for advise/ guidance from you and the rest of the staff at Shelby. If I was part of the Alcola company I would be pretty upset, considering in October 2007 this company was so proud they partnered with yours and made the announcement about the wheels for the KR and Super Snake. At that time there was a big deal made to point out that these wheels would be made in the US and come out of the Cleveland Ohio works plant. Like many of us I feel proud and fortune enough to own a car that is part of your company's legacy, and make it a point to know as much about your company as possible, and how it got that way. Unfortunately I too feel that the Shelby corporation is losing site of their true foundation, and the reputation is going with it. Half cocked comments like we're Alcola wheels were made by staff members at Shelby only helps to verify such feelings among Team Shelby members!

Mark

Peter

Michael

MM

Are you confused between Peter and Phil ?

The way it's been going the last few years they'll be a new bunch of executives announced before you know it! It seems evident of late that customer input is not appreciated and certainly not sought for. I really don't know what to think or how to take SAI as of late. Just my 2 cents.

I also feel like there are a bunch of guys that no matter what AJ does or says, will never be happy that Jer is gone.

Seems like some of the "angst" against AJ is pent up from the Jer situation? :shrug:

EDIT- it's time to move on from that whole scenario fellas. :cool:

^ agreed BB, time to move on with this nonsense. Lets continue to celebrate the greatness of these cars and the Shelby name.

I have no beef with Jer, too bad he lost his job, people do every day, but he's gone, its time to move on.

I've had a number of conversions with Akos, both in his first tenure, and just last week when I was at Shelby, and I have no doubt, that he is the man for the job!

Passion, drive, desire and knowledge.

It is truly a high quality wheel, though the design isn't quite up my alley versus my favorite, of course, the razors.

Independent of the wheels, I can't help but feel bad because the high tension on the forums in the last year, including now, reflects a lot more than peoples opinions. Things just feel shaky, wobbly, its hard to describe. In trouble, no; just...shaky.

How sad this is becoming....... :(

I agree BB!

Shelby wheels seem to get members going on this site for sure!!!!!

Let's step back for one moment.............you all own a Shelby,worth generally $50,000 or more. Most of you have probably put quite a lot more dollars into it with add-on's for personal taste or performance! So a new set of upgraded brakes run $2,500 or more,a Wattslink almost $1,000,performance exhaust $5-600 or more,upgraded interior $2,300 or more!

So here's my point,most people who own Shelby's like to put on Shelby branded parts to keep their cars "pure" so it always comes down to how much you want one of their parts. The new Venice wheels are certainly expensive,but if somebody out there really likes them and only wants to put on genuine branded parts,they will buy them.

To all the rest of you who own the $50,000 Shelby's, QUIT the whining about its out of my price range etc!

If you don't like it,go buy a FIAT 500 and go forth and multiply!!!!!!

I agree BB!

Let's step back for one moment.............you all own a Shelby,worth generally $50,000 or more. Most of you have probably put quite a lot more dollars into it with add-on's for personal taste or performance! So a new set of upgraded brakes run $2,500 or more,a Wattslink almost $1,000,performance exhaust $5-600 or more,upgraded interior $2,300 or more!

So here's my point,most people who own Shelby's like to put on Shelby branded parts to keep their cars "pure" so it always comes down to how much you want one of their parts. The new Venice wheels are certainly expensive,but if somebody out there really likes them and only wants to put on genuine branded parts,they will buy them.

To all the rest of you who own the $50,000 Shelby's, QUIT the whining about its out of my price range etc!

Right?!?!?

Thank you!!!!!

My thoughts exactly!

Congratulations on being fabulously wealthy!

I only wish that I was in your league where money was no object and I could have whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it!

My car didn't cost anywhere near 50K........it was more like 35K .........and I make payments like most of the rest of the world.

The mods on my car are from American Muscle, Steeda, JLT, FRRP........not Shelby

Would I like to have some Shelby parts? ......Absolutely! But I only have so much in the budget for car parts.

If you think I'm whining, you're sadly mistaken.

I'm merely suggesting to Shelby management that maybe there are a bunch of us out here that would like to see some REASONABLY priced accessories!

6 Grand for wheels and tires????? I can think of better ways to spend that.

If Shelby can thrive with a business model ignoring those of us who can't afford $1150 wheels.....more power to them!

If they provide a forum to voice your opinion.......I'm going to give mine

If you don't want to hear it ........don't read it

It's the 27th. It will be pretty interesting to find out how many sets actually sell. I'm guessing that the number will be pretty small personally. Certainly not obtainable by the larger % of folks here. No they will not be on my car. If I were to spend that kind of money on wheels, it would be on light weight race wheels, but I don't see that ever happening either.

Watch yourself Doug.

I probably make less money than you do.

I work very hard to make the car payment on my dream car every month.

I agree with junkie only because if you don't like the cost of the wheel, fine, don't buy it. But also don't come here and throw a fit over the price.

Do you complain about the price of a Ferrari on their message board?

There's a difference between "throwing a fit" or "whining" ........and begging and pleading for some cool stuff from Shelby that I can actually afford

If they want to be the Rolls Royce of car parts.......fine

But I don't believe that's what Carroll had in mind........just my 2 cents :shrug:

Watch yourself Doug.

I agree with junkie only because if you don't like the cost of the wheel, fine, don't buy it. But also don't come here and throw a fit over the price.

Okay I removed my so called "Fit" and I will move on....

and no I don't go on the Ferrari message board and discuss prices because I do not own a Ferrari.....

I'm done......... bye

So is anyone on here going to buy a set?

They are on eBay today with pictures of them on a GT500. In my opinion they look cheap and blocky. Just my opinion.

Here's link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2014-SHELBY-VENICE-WELD-BLACK-PREMIUM-FORGED-1-PIECE-20-WHEEL-SET-/171514289706?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ef0c5e2a#ht_1913wt_1105

I agree BB!

Watch yourself Doug.

When this Thread started, everyone was liking the Wheel, including myself. Even though I knew that I would not be able to afford them, I was thinking that they would be around $400.00 to $500.00 each and I would be telling other Shelby & Mustang owners about them when they would me ask about advice on a cool Wheel for their Car, and many people do ask for my advice and input. BUT there is no way I can tell them about these Wheels, I about fell over when I saw those Prices. I can buy a nice used Mustang for the same price as a set of those Wheels. So many Companies have priced themselves out of Business and I would hate to see that happen to SAI............... Oh, 07SGT2899, no one is complaining about the price of the Shelby, just the Wheels. I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you drew the line from Comparing a Ferrari (a CAR) to a set of Shelby Wheels (WHEELS for a Car).

Archived