TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Story Of #178

CHEVY2SHELBY

Actually, because of the immense awesomeness of the community of owners here I'm going to give the story of #178 for anybody that comes down the road in the future. I Bought this car in 2010 in Penticton, BC right out of a museum showroom. The price was $52,000 canadian, maybe a little steep but I loved it. I bought it with 14,000 miles on the clock. I put 12,000 miles on it in roughly 4 years. It received an oil change, Valvoline full synthetic 5w20 every 1000 miles. It only ran 94 octane. I did cut the security wire with the intention of redoing later. I can still provide receipts for all purchases. Everything I installed, minus the Double DIN stereo, was Shelby Authentic or at least FRRP. The stripes that were sold with and installed on the car recently are not from Shelby, just ebay. I did install the GT500KR spoiler, GT500 lettering, sequential tail lights, GT500 steering wheel emblem, GT500 KR floor mats, Shelby lower billet grill, FRRP valve covers, the 40th anniversary badge on the passenger side dash. In October, 2012 I was out with the car and got caught in a freak snow storm. I did hit the curb, broke the passenger side rim and tie rod and scratched the rocker panel. The repair took 9 months because I triple made sure everything was Shelby specific to maintain as much value in the car. The car was never, ever driven in the winter. I installed 20x9 Shelby razor in the front and 20x10 in the back with continental extreme contact dws. I sold the car because of a switch of professions. I wished to hell I hadn't. The kid who bought from me was a young east indian guy with a shady past. He was very insistent I keep MY insurance on the car after the sale. Didn't happen. On the test drive, he hit 65mph and did a brake stand. A F***ING BRAKE STAND! Just so you get a picture of who this kid was. The next day, I drove the car up to Kelowna to finalize the sale, took my plates off and went on my way. He purchased the car on a Saturday, and i had a little money owing on the car still. The credit company informed it would be 2 business days for the title to clear and he would not be able to insure the car until tuesday. I received a call 45 minutes after I left saying he was trying to obtain insurance..... I know for a fact, Im not sure how he did it though, he bypassed ICBC somehow for insurance. I wiped my hands clean and walked away. Here in Penticton, another local Ive come to know through car shows owns a 1966 GT350H. She's a photographer and did various shoots with both our cars. After I sold the car she had hers at a car show in Kelowna and was talking to another Shelby enthusiast saying that he was at a local body shop and saw #178 shaped like a letter "V". I knew this would happen... After that I noticed the ebay ad. Im not sure what has happened from April 4th, 2014 until now to her but I know she is not what she used to be. Also, this car was fully documented and all documents and original parts were sold alongside the car. If anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask

Hey Larry, I just purchased #178 and it was delivered yesterday. Rest assured it is in immaculate condition and will spend the rest of it's natural born life being pampered. It's new home is in a 5 car garage with 4 other collector cars, including a '65 GT350. Unfortunately, none of the documentation came with the car, so I was glad to see your post. I would love to see any pictures you have of it. Thanks for taking such good care of this wonderful, rolling work of art!

Hey Larry, I just purchased #178 and it was delivered yesterday. Rest assured it is in immaculate condition and will spend the rest of it's natural born life being pampered. It's new home is in a 5 car garage with 4 other collector cars, including a '65 GT350. Unfortunately, none of the documentation came with the car, so I was glad to see your post. I would love to see any pictures you have of it. Thanks for taking such good care of this wonderful, rolling work of art!

Congrats on your purchase. So was it in an accident or not, or a great repair job?

Welcome to TS, I see that this is your first post.

You've come to the right place for everything you need to know/learn on the GTH cars.

Post up some pix of it with your other toys, we'd all love to see them!

Motor on,

Tom

• 7 months later...

No repair job...Came with a clean carfax. The car was everything the seller advertised (as backed up by Shelby). I was truely blessed to have run across the car when I did. Looking forward to taking the car to the Fun Ford Weekend at Bandimere Speedway in Denver in June.

Archived