TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Owns This 2007 Shelby G T 500

David Hawkins

It may not actually be a ventless hood as you say...

It's hard to see, because of the autograph over the top of the photo, but it appears that it might be some form of deep-draw hood. If you look closely it seems that the white stripe down the hood has a break or "kink" in it which leads me to think that there is an opening or indentation in the hood and the white stripes follow that contour.

Also, since the vents on the production cars for that year are used for more than just decoration, they are used to actually extract heat from the engine compartment, I'm lead to believe that Ford was aware of this design need, even at the pre-production/prototype stage, thus some form of venting would need to be there.

As to who owns said car, I haven't a clue :headscratch:

-Pockdog

At that angle, even with the Signature, you should be able to see the Black Vents as you can in this Photo..............and this Photo is a straight on shot where as the above Photo is from a slight above angle.

ZZZz.jpg

That looks like the car they sent around to different shows in `06 Just a basic G.t turned into what was going to be a SHELBY . The one I saw looked just like that & it was locked & they wouldn`t open the hood.

More than likely just a promo car that has already been crushed. In the end, all promo cars get crushed.

If you look at other pics from that event you can see that it has the extractor near the front, you just can't see it in the pic you posted. Also, if you look just above the "Y" you can see a slight color change in the hood where it slants downward.

AK.

• 3 weeks later...

That is the car they used in the "A Worthy Successor" Poster

Car in that poster is a pre-production car. Had different hood, different tread pattern in tires, cross drilled rotors, "SHELBY" was centered on the trunk, and the 3rd brake light was in the spoiler. Just a few of the differences from the production 2007

More than likely just a promo car that has already been crushed. In the end, all promo cars get crushed.

AK.

Speaking of promo/prototype cars, these two (there were 6 that day) was back in April 2006 when I was invited by FORD to hangout with all the SVT engineers, (had dinner and got to drive them as well).

Back to topic, these were so early, they were still only 475hp units (it was released to us over that weekend, that they would bump the power to match the number on the side of the car), BUT, and sadly so, they told us ALL of these would meet the crusher.

IMG_0142.jpg

Here's a link to a picture from the same event -- the 2005 NY Car Show. You can see the vents in the hood.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/photos/article/A-man-and-his-Shelby-Cobra-3552451.php#photo-2925861

Yep.....as part of the Design instead of a Drop In piece.

Who owns this 2007 Shelby G T 500. Does it still have this Ventless Hood?

There's the car that caused me to order ( put money on ) my GT500 in 05 06...that was the first time seeing the car I believe the NY auto show.

Archived