TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show Class

TXSGT

Ok, stupid question time. I will be going to a car show this weekend that usually has about 47635691 60s model mustangs there, so of course the newer mustangs dont even get a look in. Would it be appropriate to enter the SGT under the tuner class?

Please dont yell at me....

Um what is 47635691 mean???????

An exaggeration of a lot of cars. I thought tuner was more along the lines of import to judges but I don't know if that's correct or not(don't have that class around here). I guess tuner could mean aftermarket but that would fall along the lines of custom. I say go for it! If you get a trophy, your car was in the right class!

Thanks,

Francis

The classes are:

antiques

Camaro

classic 49-63 classic tri 5

competition

Corvette

Low Rider

Mopar

Muscle car

motorcycle

Mustang

off road

original pre 72

pick up 48 and older

pick up 49-64

pick up 65-72

pick up 73 through 2015

rat rod

special interest

street machine 49-63

Street Rod 48 and older

tuner/import

Unfinished

I would like to avoid the mustang class altogether, as i said, a ton of the classics always show up and they are always favored over the newer cars no matter what shape they are in. I probably will go under muscle car, i just wanted to see if tuner was an option, i mean it is tuned, right? :)

If the show is that small to have so few classes, just enter the Mustang Class. If it's a big show that really has that many Mustangs, then it's obviously not that important to the organizers to have a proper class structure. Sounds like a show that you should just go to and enjoy, not worrying about a trophy. If you want to attend a show where you are so worried about a trophy, then just attend a different show which has all Mustangs or something with multiple classes. Our local Mustang club just finished our annual show that has approximately 600 cars of all types. We have 42 classes and give out over 240 trophies. That is how you put on a show with multiple classes for all cars. If you are really concerned about getting a trophy, then it doesn't sound like this is a good show to be a part of. Just go and enjoy the show, cars and people and not worry about the trophy. Don't be that guy who puts a Mustang in a tuner/import class when there is already a Mustang class. If anything, the Special Interest class or Muscle Car Class would make the most sense, definitely not the tuner/import class.

Dont get me wrong, im not a trophy hunter, but it is nice to get recognized! I've seen people practically have a nervous breakdown because they didn't get anything and it's not a pretty sight!

I always thought special interest meant something like a bus or big rig.....

Thankyou all for your input and replies, i will prob go with special interest, I'm always surprised how the hardcore car enthusiasts still have no idea what these cars are.

Dont get me wrong, im not a trophy hunter, but it is nice to get recognized! I've seen people practically have a nervous breakdown because they didn't get anything and it's not a pretty sight!

I always thought special interest meant something like a bus or big rig.....

Thankyou all for your input and replies, i will prob go with special interest, I'm always surprised how the hardcore car enthusiasts still have no idea what these cars are.

Enjoy the show and other gear heads. If you win a trophy, it's icing on the cake. Good luck & enjoy!

Archived