TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes

SGTH

I have a 2006 hertz coupe and trying to figure out if my car has the original stripes.

The trunk, taillight panel and rear bumper has 10 pieces of vinyl to make up the 2 stripes, Is this how Shelby installed them.

Thanks for your input in advance

I want to say yes, but not sure. When I had my stripes replaced, (original from Shelby), the installer said that they had even put black pinstriping around the licence plate area to make it look better, and it was very poorly done. I can't say for sure if it was original, but I have owned mine since 2008.

I have a 2006 hertz coupe and trying to figure out if my car has the original stripes.

The trunk, taillight panel and rear bumper has 10 pieces of vinyl to make up the 2 stripes, Is this how Shelby installed them.

Thanks for your input in advance

Not sure about the number, but yes, they were applied in several pieces with overlap at certain area such as the bumpers. To know if they are original will be difficult as you never know if sections were replaced by HERTZ or previous owners. Bottom line, they will not last unless a museum piece which has no exposure to the elements. There does appear to be some metallic in the stripes but very fine IMO. I ultimately removed my stripes and painted them on. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79345-06h0050-painted-stripes/ Several others have done the same. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read that some people are waxing there stripes, You can't wax them or they will crack.

I have a 1997 Woodward Dream Cruise Mustang that i bought new and never waxed the stripes, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant to protect them from the UV Rays and to this day the stripes still look new.

I also used it on my Shelby Hertz Car. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to the car picture was taken 2 years ago

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bossmustang/3050441034/

Archived