TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Caravans Are Rolling To Terlingua!

VorpalBunny

See you Wednesday afternoon! Can't wait! Hopefully in the future we'll be able to bring our car back and spend the week. Really need to find a way to not have this darn work thing get in the way of my fun any more!

Jeff,

Yep, see you soon!!! :clapping::shift::cool:

David

Do not forget the infamous :camera: for us side liners when time allows. Have a safe & fun Terlingua event.

You bet, may take a couple days, but we will get them posted.

Hope you can make it next year!

Registration will open January 2, 2015 - please drop me an email if you wish to be on the list.

vorpl8@yahoo.com

Its a truly unique event rich in Terlingua Racing History, Shelby history and just plain fun!

David

T 14 was a great time. I think we were all so busy, day and night, combined with fairly slow internet and then the trip home that no one has had a chance yet to post.

I expect pics to be posted as time allows.

Viva Terlingua,

David

Here's a couple pictures. I'll have to spend time to get through more.

Night one at the Holland, Wednesday:

Terlingua2_zps7a918007.jpg

Thursday lunch stop in Big Bend National Park:

Terlingua3_zps57178ba8.jpg

Friday Morning hanging out at Carroll's old digs up at the Terlingua Ranch Cafe:

Terlingua5_zpsa8e24ba7.jpg

Saturday morning sunrise over Dubbs Terlingua:

Terlingua1_zps3c33616d.jpg

Here's a couple pictures. I'll have to spend time to get through more.

Night one at the Holland, Wednesday:

Terlingua2_zps7a918007.jpg

Thursday lunch stop in Big Bend National Park:

Terlingua3_zps57178ba8.jpg

Friday Morning hanging out at Carroll's old digs up at the Terlingua Ranch Cafe:

Terlingua5_zpsa8e24ba7.jpg

Saturday morning sunrise over Dubbs Terlingua:

Terlingua1_zps3c33616d.jpg

Very nice.

Terlingua is an event that one cannot really explain in pictures or words without experiencing it. It's about the people, giving, sharing, having fun. Unlike any other that I have ever been a part of.

flags_zps3a464cca.jpg

We get to spend some time with amazing locals, people from all walks of life and means.

VFW1_zpscfe8fd7a.jpg

Your car will get dirty, bugged, parked in the dirt, and you will not care.

Bugs_zps90e43897.jpg

While on Friday there is the unusual way that we get them washed. This only lasts for a short time but we raise money for the kids.

CarWash1_zpsf3b9ebe8.jpg

You get to stretch the legs of your car as much as you like. We always have some great ones here, and they get enjoyed!

highspeed1_zpsf2de3d4a.jpg

You get to see some amazing country with great drives!

Drive1_zps6ff77a2d.jpg

We see amazing places.

stable_zps0da23117.jpg

In the end, you always have to remember:

Whathappensterlingua_zpsf4e7d455.jpg

Thanks Jeff. Once retired, I will be attending Terlingua, just not sure if my first will be 2015 or 2016.

Thanks for posting Jeff!! Well said my friend.

Alas, I am always so involved in the event and making sure everything runs smoothly as possible, I do not have time to take photos. I am so glad others do and post them. Our official photographer will release his event photos soon and I will post them to the forum as soon as available.

PLEASE remember Terlingua is a space limited event and a 5013C charity. This is important because we hold the event in Carroll and Bill's old stomping grounds (and that of many others), Terlingua area. This means the venues, hotels, road closures etc can only manage a maximum number of cars and attendees. We thankfully fill every year, but have always had room for a couple new attendees each year as well. The return rate for the event is also thankfully very high.

What this means is that if you would like to attend the Terlingua event please, please email me and I will gladly place you on our list for notifications when spots open. We open first to our alumni, those who have supported the charity and event. Then we open to new attendees after, about March 1. ALL are welcome, it is just a matter of space.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email at: vorpl8@yahoo.com I will place you on our list for notification when new attendee registration opens. Space permitting, we will be very glad to welcome you to this one of a kind event.

For more info and yes we will update soon with 201 pics and 2015 info. www.terlinguapreservationsociety.com

Best,

David and the TPS Board

Archived