TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 500 Rear End Rattle / Clunk

DLP

Hey guys ! Im new to team Shelby ! Bought a 09 gt 500 a few months back and have started to mod it now ! my latest mod was to the rear end a Whiteline adj PHB and PHB brace . Eibach springs and Eibach LCA with a pinion alinement! They were installed by my local Ford dealer by a SVT tech so they said !! now any bumps or rough road it rattles and clunks sounds like the rear end is going to fall out ! Now my gt 500 sounds like a log wagon !! any advice or help is greatly appreaciated!! thank you

Could be a lot of things however when I first installed an adjustable panhard bar I made the mistake of not tightening it up enough after adjusting: the idea was I'd adjust it, drive a bit then measure up and see if it needs adjusting again.

Anyway the adjusting nut came loose and it sounded like the rear end was falling out. Really it sounded too dangerous to drive. I don't think it could actually have come apart as each end of the panhard is secure and there is too much thread to come undone on my BMR panhard.

Here's the nut that came undone:

9352355762_8f73e91dc5.jpgbmr_panhard_in by malc350, on Flickr

Malc

It could be many things.

The first thing that comes to my mind, is, the PHR may be making contact with the PHR support.

The exhaust pipes may also be contacting the PHR Support.

You need to get the car up in the air, and ensure all of the bolts are TQ to spec...and ensure no jam nuts are loose. Also, check the passenger side for witness (contact) marks on your PHR, PHR support and exhaust.

Hey thanks guys ! Had Ford check all the TQ on all the bolts every think was fine there ! They said the addition of my new parts had worn out the old bushing's on the sway bar ??that was where the rattling was coming from ?so Iv'e ordered new Whiteline sway bar and bushings rather than replace the stock ones ! I was planning on changing it out anyway ! Ill let you know if it solves the problem !! ( Thank so much for your help )

Hats off to the Ford SVT tech ! He was right they installed my new Whiteline sway bar and bushings the rattle is gone !! With the eibach springs and LCA and whiteline panhaed bar and brace and Whiteline sway bar ! the rear end stays in place 10 times better !! thanks UKGT500 and BMR FAB for your valuable input !

Archived