TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered Gts

1sgt

Where does the water drain from?

Did someone at SAI forget the drain holes on mine?

Most of it drains out the back near the hinges. I haven't taken a close look. Some comes out a couple of holes near the front.

1sgt - sorry for hijacking your thread. Tell us about your order.

It's OK I hijack all the time . OK as for my red candy , auto and performance package . Now for the GTS of cause the package + lower control arms , 3M front + all the hood , gauge's , trunk liner ,strut tower , map trim and black stripes . Custom interior ??? That's about it . Oh procharger need to know more ??? If you all have any input the door is open and hijacking OK .

I was told that the Procharger voids the warranty. However, SAI warrants their parts for 12 months. Confusing? Black stripes look really cool on red and I really love the look my wife has made it very clear that if SHE was ordering the car it would be with white stripes and chrome wheels. So much for appreciating what I got her for coming home safely from Afghanistan. I've offered to put the Procharger on the car but she doesn't want to have anything to do with a supercharger. The custom interior from Gary Disney will be installed within two weeks and when if finally happens I'll post pictures.

BTW, how do we get replacement dash plaques? DAS auto shippers damaged the passenger front bumper, wheel well, jack point, and other under carriage pieces. They stole the dash plaque, owners manuals, of all things ... the cobra air valve covers I bought for the tires. I can get estimates on everything but the dash plaque. Any hints anyone???

I don't believe the GTS's that get SC'd at Shelby get the SC added to the side stripe like the SGT-SC's did.

As far as a replacement plaque, I think you may be out of luck Tom. Everything I have seen in the past points to NO replacement plaques. BUT it certainly can't hurt to ask!

Hmmm, I was just looking in my glove box and there is an envelope with a silver sticker plaque like the one in front of the stick shift.

tjys, do have that spare one like I have?

Or was that one stolen too.

Thanks you now the V6 is a great car and great on gas . The only part it's going to take a long , long time to do . I have tell you I like the old shop better . But I also have to say it my 3rd car buy SHELBY so I know it takes long to do .

I don't believe the GTS's that get SC'd at Shelby get the SC added to the side stripe like the SGT-SC's did.

As far as a replacement plaque, I think you may be out of luck Tom. Everything I have seen in the past points to NO replacement plaques. BUT it certainly can't hurt to ask!

Correct, there just isn't room for S/C to be added and have it still readable.

Company policy has always been to offer a replacement dash plaque for one that was stolen but you'll need a police report.

Steve

I was told that the Procharger voids the warranty. However, SAI warrants their parts for 12 months. Confusing? Black stripes look really cool on red and I really love the look my wife has made it very clear that if SHE was ordering the car it would be with white stripes and chrome wheels. So much for appreciating what I got her for coming home safely from Afghanistan. I've offered to put the Procharger on the car but she doesn't want to have anything to do with a supercharger. The custom interior from Gary Disney will be installed within two weeks and when if finally happens I'll post pictures.

BTW, how do we get replacement dash plaques? DAS auto shippers damaged the passenger front bumper, wheel well, jack point, and other under carriage pieces. They stole the dash plaque, owners manuals, of all things ... the cobra air valve covers I bought for the tires. I can get estimates on everything but the dash plaque. Any hints anyone???

Not too confusing. Yes the S/C will void the Ford drivetrain warranty. SAI warranties parts we install on the car for 12 months.

For example if the S/C has issues during the 12 month Shelby warranty period, Shelby will handle that as we installed the part. Now if your auto transmission has issues that's something that officially neither Ford nor SAI will handle as the SC voided the warranty. I say officially because some dealerships will work with a valued customer to get a warranty claim processed but thats between you and your Ford dealer.

Steve

Correct, there just isn't room for S/C to be added and have it still readable.

Company policy has always been to offer a replacement dash plaque for one that was stolen but you'll need a police report.

Steve

Great to know that about the plaque! Thank you for clearing that up Steve!!!

Hmmm, I was just looking in my glove box and there is an envelope with a silver sticker plaque like the one in front of the stick shift.

tjys, do have that spare one like I have?

Or was that one stolen too.

The GTS didn't come with a spare plate, or it could have been stolen in the original shipment to Hawaii. I was amazed to see what was pried off of the car using DAS auto shippers for our cars. It's been a terrible experience using DAS that I wouldn't wish on others. They are claiming that they knew where my wife's car (and my 500) were the entire time their tracking site said "no record" (on both) and they were looking when I called them. I learned a long time ago that flaky companies will not put bad news in writing and these guys followed suit. I'll see if I can order another plate ... the Ford dealer is evaluating the damages to the car today. There will not be a police report though for the replacement. I've listed the stolen plate as damages to the car and can prove that it was part of the GTS package. We'll see what happens.

Right now I'm trying to get the house together. My wife has recently been assigned to Rock Island Arsenal and we just got our household goods. Of course, she went off to work this morning to bring home the beer money while I'm wrestling with the contractors working through punch lists and getting the house in order. In addition, my wife's mom called last night (she's Korean) because her brother-in-laws (dad passed away 2 years ago) are suing her in Korean court to get 1/16th the value of her husbands, my wife's father, estate. Sound odd? Did to me too. It appears that the male family members are entitled by law to 1/16th of the total value of the brothers estate. My mother-in-law is fighting it and the case is in it's last stage at the Korean supreme court right now because lower courts have found she owes 1/16th to the brothers because, one, the brothers SAY that the parents gave most of their estate to the father-in-law, and two, the stay at home mother-in-law didn't "add" value to the estate. As of last night it appears that there is no reprieve from the lower courts ruling and an auction of some of my mother-in-laws property will occur mid-October barring a Supreme court ruling or stay before then.

Bottom line; it is great to be an American and South Korea is not as far as long in civil rights as I had previously thought.

Archived