TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sai Selling Prototype 08 Kr Badges.

Alcan KobRa

A couple sets of KR wheels that people will bolt to their Mustang GT's won't de-value anyone's actual KR.

OMG I have KR mufflers and KR springs/shocks on my car, your car is worthless, ship it to me now I'll help hide the worthless husk it has become. :cool:

A couple sets of KR wheels that people will bolt to their Mustang GT's won't de-value anyone's actual KR.

OMG I have KR mufflers and KR springs/shocks on my car, your car is worthless, ship it to me now I'll help hide the worthless husk it has become. :cool:

You obviously don't get the concept. SAI lied. They lied specifically to KR and 350 buyers. I still remember when the 350 came out and probably have a video somewhere of a SAI employee up on stage touting the greatness of the 350 and how the parts will not be available to the public.

OK, now the KR stuff is up on the auction block.

Is nothing sacred!? :runaway:

Alcan Kobra - That is a great new sig pic! :thumbsup:

You obviously don't get the concept. SAI lied. They lied specifically to KR and 350 buyers. I still remember when the 350 came out and probably have a video somewhere of a SAI employee up on stage touting the greatness of the 350 and how the parts will not be available to the public.

No offense, but I think everyone knows how you feel about that at this point. Calling out SAI publicly over and over isn't going to change anything.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp?

They "lied", so.... they are like every other being on this planet?

Not only that, is it also hard to accept that most promises have an expiration date, usually not a time period that is disclosed or known at the time of the promise.

Enjoy the KR, enjoy the car for you; the car isn't any less special because it is not just a sum of its parts.

(Oh and no, I'm not starting anything here. This is my only comment regarding this. )

I'm keeping my hopes up that SPP "finds" a stash of the KR certificates that were given to owners of the later unsold cars. Ford will sell a certificate for just about everything they offer, but when you ask them about the KR they act like that they never had anything to do with the manufacturing of it. Sorry OP, just venting a little. Let SAI sell all their KR parts. I know mine are the real deal.

I look forward to KR items for sale. Do you have anything available for KR owners now before going public?

Also, I love the photo of your KR and the fall foliage in the back ground. Very well done!!!

I look forward to KR items for sale. Do you have anything available for KR owners now before going public?

Also, I love the photo of your KR and the fall foliage in the back ground. Very well done!!!

Thanks for the complement shelbypt, but I'm not a dealer i just like to give you guys a heads up when I see something unusual or interesting for sale.

BTW...your pic has been one of my favorites from day one. Actually, it was the deciding factor in the color I chose. :)

AK.

Thanks for the complement shelbypt, but I'm not a dealer i just like to give you guys a heads up when I see something unusual or interesting for sale.

BTW...your pic has been one of my favorites from day one. Actually, it was the deciding factor in the color I chose. :)

AK.

AK, thank you very much. I'm amazed that one of my photos influenced another KR owner!!! That's great... I love the color and certainly the most iconic color of all the KRs. Uh oh, now I'll hear it from all the other KR owners who have a different color :) Enjoy your KR, and "Keep it between the lines".

I bought one of these emblems for the $104 shipped after coming back to this forum after a long absence.

Ehh......

Worth $104 shipped? Not really. OTOH, I bought it. And I'm not returning it. So what is, "worth". As a KR owner, I bought it for the KR logo which matches the logo on the car. An expensive luxury item that you just turn a blind eye to. It is what it is. If you are a KR owner, I could see buying one as an expensive luxury item.

Shelby/Ford...whoever in the finger pointing, will continue to capitalize on the KR mystique/lore/marketing. And in my own personal truth, as much as I don't like it, I get it. I understand, as much as an outsider can of what happened in the genesis of the KR program between Ford and Shelby, why these parts are being sold. I also sympathize with the strong words of JDB and shepp. I get what they are saying as a KR owner. Somewhere inside myself it does bother me. Somewhere inside you feel like the rug was pulled out.

As someone stated....once you get emotionally invested, logic goes out the window. The reality is Ford is going to make money. And so is Shelby....on far less deeper pockets than Ford.

It is what it is.

I've always half way flirted with 20" Alcoa's. But always come back to the degrade in performance. But I've always flirted with it. Anyway, I saw the Super Snake rims on ebay. The immediate thing that hit me when I looked at the rims was.....why are you looking at these? You don't have an SS and they have it stamped right there. I'm thinking if you want to buy them and store them that's one thing...but put them on your car? Why would you do that....it's not a Super Snake.

If people want to buy the, "restricted", KR parts that are not KR owners, they have that right as they are being released for sale to the general public. They aren't doing anything illegal. If they want to put the KR parts on their car, its their car. Knock yourself out.

I think KR owners should take it as a compliment and let it rest. Let it go.

Don't kid yourself........there are many many many....maybe hundred(s) of KR's in private collections of very rich people that will never see the light of day. Maybe they have 10 miles on them. Spending their life hermetically sealed. They could care less about restricted parts being sold because it doesn't make a difference in their mind of the car they bought, the history behind it, and their desire to preserve that history. They probably paid horrific dealer markup to get their cars to boot. And they could care less. And probably don't have a clue that restricted parts are being sold.

The people that do care are the other 90% of KR owners. 80% of which will never show up here. As time goes on, it is unrealistic for KR owners to think they will forever be, "exclusive". Hey, it was fun to feel, "exclusive", for a few years, wasn't it? :)

And here's the flipside........if I were so enamored of the KR, why did I mod it? Am I trying to make it into the far superior 13/14? Lol...here I am bolting on the 13/14 CF drive shaft onto the 08kr.

It's all good. Death by cake I say!

Interesting Connie.

Tell me about the difference in driving feel. I went with the 13/14 mainly because I have been wanting to do this for a long time and just recently decided...and went to of course Jimmy and asked him. Did you also do the 13/14 ds? From what I learned, it's the way to go vs aftermarket.

Archived