TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sai Selling Prototype 08 Kr Badges.

Alcan KobRa

Yesterday I purchased what was described to me by SAI as a prototype KR badge; one of only twelve made. I purchased mine for just under $100.00; I was the winning bidder. I was informed that the other eleven would be sold as "buy it now" and will go for about the same as I paid for mine; they wanted to see what the price band would be before offering them as BIN. So if you want one keep an eye out.

AK.

Yesterday I purchased what was described to me by SAI as a prototype KR badge; one of only twelve made. I purchased mine for just under $100.00; I was the winning bidder. I was informed that the other eleven would be sold as "buy it now" and will go for about the same as I paid for mine; they wanted to see what the price band would be before offering them as BIN. So if you want one keep an eye out.

AK.

I see two sets of GENUINE Super Snake Alcoa wheels for sale by SAI too.

Not the SS "style" wheels, but the genuine product with the SUPER SNAKE egraving on them.

Yeah, they is "restricted" parts.

Phill (depends what the definition of 'is' is)

Parts become unrestricted once they feel they have squeezed every dime possible out of people who want a special car and will pay big money for it.

Does this surprise anyone. SAI loyalty is to money only, not their business partners or their customers. Once your check has cleared they move on to the next sucker.

Do you guys really expect them to sit on a set of $3,000+ wheels just because their supply exceeded demand for the entire $50,000+ package? At some point they have to start clearing out inventory and freeing up funds to put towards creating new projects.

Do you guys really expect them to sit on a set of $3,000+ wheels just because their supply exceeded demand for the entire $50,000+ package? At some point they have to start clearing out inventory and freeing up funds to put towards creating new projects.

This is exactly what is happening right now at Shelby. I've talked with AJ and seen it first hand. The whole gang at Shelby is moving in new and positive directions.

QSS

Phil left out the part that they are USED WHEELS..

What's it matter if they are used or new?

If a individual wanted to sell their SS wheels, no problem.

But when SHELY decides to sell their SS (i.e. RESTRICTED) wheels, now we have a problem.

Just remember, *I'm* not the one that said they are RESTRICTED...Shelby is.

Phill

I would expect them to keep their word. Used or not just like KR wheels they are selling. A business that doesn't keep their word is a business that I will think twice about giving my money to.

Edit

A few scratches easily polished? What magic Polish removes scratches from db finish without removing the db?

Comes with a new set of caps. SS caps?

I'd be curious to see if anyone at SAI ever said that the wheels were " Indefinitely restricted to only those who had purchased a Super Snake package in completion". I mean the sale of them was restricted for quite a while. I just wonder how many of you people work in or around businesses that maintain warehouses of inventory as part of their operation. There are only 3 options for SAI, and only 1 makes sens.

1. Shelby orders in an estimated product delivery to take advantage of bulk product purchasing and to reduce lead times of vehicle builds by maintaining inventory on hand in anticipation of actual sales. Then temporarily restricts the sale of said products until such time as the vehicles they were designed for are no longer in production (as is the case now) and they then sell over the remaining inventory of parts in order to fund new developments.

Or

2. Shelby forever restricts the sale of official parts to un-official customers and thereby has to order the pieces and parts individually at the time that each Super Snake is sold increasing both product cost, build cost, and build time. Thus never having too much product on hand.

or

3. Shelby orders in an estimated product delivery to take advantage of bulk product purchasing and to reduce lead times of vehicle builds by maintaining inventory on hand in anticipation of actual sales. Then forever restricts the sale of official parts to un-official customers and sits on thousands of dollars of inventory in the longshot hopes that somewhere down the road one of the original official customers (of whom there are very few) has an issue requiring the purchase of said overstock items.

This isn't about "loyalty" or "sticking to their word" it's about keeping the doors of a business open that truthfully has a very small clientelle by maximizing return on investment while still providing some (not infinite) exclusivity to it's clients.

This isn't about "loyalty" or "sticking to their word" it's about keeping the doors of a business open that truthfully has a very small clientelle by maximizing return on investment while still providing some (not infinite) exclusivity to it's clients.

You're wasting your breath my friend. I've got a saying for this:

LOGIC will always fail in the face of someone who is EMOTIONALLY COMPRIMISED

If these Super Snake wheels were swapped either individually or as a set and are used, what is Shelby to do with them? they could have even been damaged on site, shelf damaged etc. They can polish all of the scratches and imperfections out, they are still used or previously damaged Super Snake Alcoa's. If an owner contacts Shelby about a replacement wheel, they are going to expect a new wheel, not someone else's returned wheel or previously damage that has been buffed or polished.

What are they (Shelby) to do? throw the used/damaged wheels in the dumpster?

^^^Just asking? They are not new/undamaged as an owner would expect to buy.........

...........and then add on the fact that the 2007-2014 Super Snake no longer comes with Alcoa's from the Shelby build, so why would they keep a set of "used" or "previously damaged" Super Snake Alcoa's laying around?

But I must admit, even used or previously damaged, they are commanding decent $$$.

R

Doesn't Shelby have a super secret database of SS owners. An email to those owners would work. If that is to hard how about just posting in the SS section. "Selling SS wheels USED" must be a registered owner of an SS".

That's much to difficult and they will make more money on eBay.

Doesn't Shelby have a super secret database of SS owners. An email to those owners would work. If that is to hard how about just posting in the SS section. "Selling SS wheels USED" must be a registered owner of an SS".

That's much to difficult and they will make more money on eBay.

^^^I agree that could be done, but I can't think of many companies that would spend the time to take on such a contact process for something used. But yes, it could be done and there are a few Super Snake owners who would take advantage of a buy.............but finding them at the right time is the key.

Sure more money can be made on eBay, and then I also think about the possibility that these wheels "possibly" individually could have been damaged during their time at Shelby? Then who eats the cost of damaged Alcoa's "in-house"? Alcoa wouldn't be on the hook for them..........If it were me, I would want to recoup as much $$$ as possible with the least additional expense in time and/or dollars..........but that is just me.

Being a Super Snake owner, am I excited about this type of item getting out to the general public? No, just like KR owners were not excited about the new 18" KR Alcoa dump..........but then I also realize these are "used" and it could just as easily be an Super Snake owner who is selling their used wheels on eBay.

R

AK.

I just found out what this badge was used for! This went on the Fender gt500kr guitar case. They only made a 100 of these guitars. There is one on Ebay now and you can clearly see the badge in one of the pics. I think I will pass on this now but still a cool item.

I just found out what this badge was used for! This went on the Fender gt500kr guitar case. They only made a 100 of these guitars. There is one on Ebay now and you can clearly see the badge in one of the pics. I think I will pass on this now but still a cool item.

Yup, I've been trying to find a pic since my earlier post. Thanks for posting. And here's a pic that KR664 found:

GT500kr guitar case.jpg

Thanks for the info. I informed Tom at SAI and he updated the listing.

AK.

Archived