TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Gt500 Or 2008 Kr500 ???

THE SHAZ

Hey All,

I'm contemplating buying a 2014 GT500 or a 3008 KR500 since the Shelby production period has closed for the time being and I do want to own one of these since they were the closest thing in 40 years to the vintage cars they made. I like the technology aspects of the 14 GT500 but the looks of the 08 KR500 more. Also, the limited production of the KR has me thinking it will hold its value better.

Your thoughts?

I'm in the same boat except I'm not ready to buy it exactly now; simply planning for it in the near future. I decided if I can find a blue KR then that's the winner, versus a deep impact blue stripe delete 2014 GT500.

The power and the tech goes to the newest version of course. The KR is something that should hold value to you, rather than just who wins in a race - as for holding actual value I'd imagine a KR would have a chance at it, and for my sake I hope it doesn't until I can get my hands on one. I would drive the wheels off of mine so I wouldn't know how much of an investment it is. However, the legacy attached to it is also something to consider. Its a tough choice, but good luck on coming to a decision. Also, I really didn't say much here that helps did I? :whistling:

I think it depends on what you want to do. I personally like the 07-09 looks better and the KR is a great option for the early models, it will also hold its value better. If you want the latest technology and more HP, the 13-14's are the way to go. I would go with an 09 KR or SS!

Archived