TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scratched Front Spoiler

Torched10

well today i bashed into a concrete divider in parking lot on my 2014--car rolled foward when i was engaging clutch and put a decent size gash.attached is pic AFTER i cut off all the dangling plastic and sanded it by hand with 400 and 2000 sandpaper--then sprayed with armor all. Is trhere a way to improve it--i was thinking of buffing it flat so teh gouges wouldnt show but dont that of thatll make it worse.I had my last shelby 5 years and never did this. I have the extra spolier i never put on-can that go on INSTEAD of the stock spolier?? thanks bob

post-24281-0-22909900-1411153478_thumb.jpg

Ps. Well used some back to black mothers vinyl protectorsnt -- it has a tiny amount of grey stain on it. Soaked it on the gash and it looks decent now. I'll probably still get. A new one because I know it's there.See if the Ford dealer will throw a new one on if I buy the pilots from him

the extra spoiler attaches to the bottom of the one you scraped so the marks may still be visible. not sure, I never installed my lower spolier.

+1. Unfortunately, Torched10, the damage WILL still be visible.

If your dealer isn't willing to cut you a deal, you might try AutoNation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford). They offer VERY competitive pricing on OEM parts.

If your dealer isn't willing to cut you a deal, you might try AutoNation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford). They offer VERY competitive pricing on OEM parts.

Agreed on this as they cut me a hell of a deal on some SVT parts. Sorry to hear about your luck with the splitter though.

well today i bashed into a concrete divider in parking lot on my 2014--car rolled foward when i was engaging clutch and put a decent size gash.attached is pic AFTER i cut off all the dangling plastic and sanded it by hand with 400 and 2000 sandpaper--then sprayed with armor all. Is trhere a way to improve it--i was thinking of buffing it flat so teh gouges wouldnt show but dont that of thatll make it worse.I had my last shelby 5 years and never did this. I have the extra spolier i never put on-can that go on INSTEAD of the stock spolier?? thanks bob

I buggerd my original spoiler WAY worse than that and made it look like new before I got really stupid and destroyed it.

I used a mini torch and my Mechanix Work gloves. Heat the affected area then smooth it out with the leather gloved finger. Looks just like original, you'll never even notice it even KNOWING it was there.

I say MINI torch, not propane torch (butane too). Mine is a Blazer, can be got all kinds of places.

Phill

When I got a quote for a new spoiler from Steve and he advised me to just go to my local and buy it because the shipping on them is crazy.

Buying it locally cost me somewhere around 20 bucks more than from Tousley and when I got it, I understood why the shipping would be so much. The box is HUGE. Like 7 or 8 feet long, 2 feet wide and about 8 inches deep.

Phill

Have to wonder how many people don't scrape the bottom spoiler. In our area the road crowns and drain gutters are very often pretty steep. hard to avoid scraping it. Understand why they were designed this way, I will make sure I replace it with a new one before attempting 200 mph, lol!

Archived