TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanted: Oem 08/09 Kr Tires

Alcan KobRa

OEM KR tires were advertised last year at a tremendous discount (I think I remember $99 a tire). Even sitting on a shelf I'd be concerned driving on tires that are 6+ years old after doing a little research online about how the rubber changes. If you look, though, you'll find someone selling these tires. You could even search through the archives of the KR forum and find a link to that sale and see if they are still available.

OEM KR tires were advertised last year at a tremendous discount (I think I remember $99 a tire). Even sitting on a shelf I'd be concerned driving on tires that are 6+ years old after doing a little research online about how the rubber changes. If you look, though, you'll find someone selling these tires. You could even search through the archives of the KR forum and find a link to that sale and see if they are still available.

Thanks MC,

I've read all of the information on older tires as well. I don't drive the KR a whole lot and don't track it so I think I'd be good with a stock set.

Thanks again for the info.

AK.

I'd personally drive it on somethign else and save the stock tires or any that are that old for selling the car at a future date and "keeping it original". Don't put you or the car at risk just to drive on the official tires that it came with.

I believe I have a set inbound on my 09. When it gets here, I'll take a look at the wear rate and confirm. If they hold up to inspection, you can buy them. I believe they were new from the dealership. I want Conti KDW's!

Thanks Bruce, but unless you live in Alaska I'll have to say thanks, but no thanks. I already checked into the shipping from the lower 48 to Alaska and it's more than the tires.

Thanks again.

AK.

Archived