TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Slp Loudmouth Exhaust.

Red2009GT500

I find most after market exhaust systems loud & annoying.............( usually the louder the car, the less hp it makes )

Making lots of noise is a must have item for the 6 banger & 5.0 crowd, they all want to sound like a race car.

I have long tubes & cats on both with factory mufflers, slightly louder than stock, till you put your foot down.

My .02

• 2 weeks later...

I find most after market exhaust systems loud & annoying.............( usually the louder the car, the less hp it makes )

Eh, we have computer programs integrating the path of gas molecules and vibrations through the medium now to avoid the horsepower loss that, lets say, the 90's aftermarket exhaust had - ie Borla ATAK's, or the stock system on the Shelby GT350. I wouldn't throw that one out with validity anymore - and yes some can be annoying. With where the muffler is on the new Mustangs, I wouldn't expect anyone to worry about that. A nice sound to go with a nice car, I say.

Eh, we have computer programs integrating the path of gas molecules and vibrations through the medium now to avoid the horsepower loss that, lets say, the 90's aftermarket exhaust had - ie Borla ATAK's, or the stock system on the Shelby GT350. I wouldn't throw that one out with validity anymore - and yes some can be annoying. With where the muffler is on the new Mustangs, I wouldn't expect anyone to worry about that. A nice sound to go with a nice car, I say.

The " new Mustang " ( 2015 MY ) will need to make " noise " as it makes very little hp. ( 435 flywheel is the top factory offering )

I can understand people wanting their cars to sound like more than they are, but wouldn't it be nice to have some hp to back up the noise !

• 4 weeks later...

Making lots of noise is a must have item for the 6 banger & 5.0 crowd, they all want to sound like a race car.

I have long tubes & cats on both with factory mufflers, slightly louder than stock, till you put your foot down.

My .02

To each their own... One of the first mods I made was to scrap my stock mufflers for KR's.

The " new Mustang " ( 2015 MY ) will need to make " noise " as it makes very little hp. ( 435 flywheel is the top factory offering )

I can understand people wanting their cars to sound like more than they are, but wouldn't it be nice to have some hp to back up the noise !

I guess everything is relative... Back in the day when we were driving around in fox body cars with claimed 225 HP, we would all have been stunned at a car from the factory putting 435 HP at the flywheel. My how times have changed.

Archived