TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found On Cl 07 Sgt Prototype#1 Washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4639538650

ShelbyKR664

I just came across a 07 SGT on the Washington DC CL. The item ID is 463958650. He is asking $95k. This appears to be the real deal. Notice the all white spoiler. The CSM plate also shows 01P! I am sure Steve will chime in and verify if this is #1.

The add states:

"Prototype #2 was purchased in 2006 for $450,000. I have court documents to support this."

Kinda odd considering SA has 02P currently for sale?

If this is 01P, what is the csm for "Whitey" that SA has?

Neat car...as for the price, he can ask whatever he wants. However, the auction sales from the last decade of other earlier prototype Shelby cars from 65 and 66 don't support that prototypes are worth 3-4x market value of the regular production examples. I hope it finds a good home and remains well preserved.

I may be talking out my a$$ here...but didn't the prototype cars still have the "GT" badges on the sides and not the "Powered By Ford" badges? And if you were going to ask close to $100k for a $20k car would you have a bunch of pics of it out the wet/overcast driveway/street? Just thinking out loud...

Is it just me or does Carroll Shelby's signature look a little suspect?

I thought a original CS signature had two hash marks across the horizontal underline and had three with the autopen. This one has one mark. It seems I read this on a post on this site. My wifes SGT-C has two marks if I remember correctly.

The add states:

"Prototype #2 was purchased in 2006 for $450,000. I have court documents to support this."

Kinda odd considering SA has 02P currently for sale?

If this is 01P, what is the csm for "Whitey" that SA has?

Does SA still have "Whitey" ?

Sorry, I posted it off my phone and could not get it to copy. I thought this was too important to wait until I got in front of my computer. Thanks for posting the link. I still would love to hear from Steve. I will be near DC this weekend and may take a look just out of plain curiosity. I don't see $95k though. Not even at Barrett Jackson.

Been a busy week so let me say thanks to Chris Carter for doing some legwork on this car. Yes it appears legit and was one of several P & C cars from SAI. Most people are familiar with whitey & blackie but there were actually more than those two cars. Although the lawsuit mentioned by the current seller, which by the way SAI won, is over with its still a sensitive issue that we can discuss another day.

Car does have some history but does it have $95,000 worth of history?

Steve

Steve, as always thanks for the information. I emailed the seller to take a look at it and have not heard back. What do you guys think it is worth? I am thinking maybe 20-30% premium over a perfect 07 SGT .

Steve, as always thanks for the information. I emailed the seller to take a look at it and have not heard back. What do you guys think it is worth? I am thinking maybe 20-30% premium over a perfect 07 SGT .

If SA's asking price for 02P is any indicator of worth, then the $95k asking price for 01P certainly seems like a bargain.

Been a busy week so let me say thanks to Chris Carter for doing some legwork on this car. Yes it appears legit and was one of several P & C cars from SAI. Most people are familiar with whitey & blackie but there were actually more than those two cars. Although the lawsuit mentioned by the current seller, which by the way SAI won, is over with its still a sensitive issue that we can discuss another day.

Car does have some history but does it have $95,000 worth of history?

Steve

"....was one of several P & C cars from SAI..."

For us dummies, what does the P and C stand for?

Archived