TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT

nilkilla

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: 2008 MY Mustang Shelby GT Program Details

Program Details:

The following information outlines 2008 MY Shelby GT program, which begins production as "limited edition" in August. Included are details on: product, allocation, production timing, ordering and billing process, delivery, and warranty policy.

2008 Model Year Shelby GT Mustang Q&A

Question: What is a Shelby GT Mustang?

Answer- Product Description

2008 Model Year Shelby GT is collaboration between Ford Mustang Program Team, Ford Racing, and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). Vehicle will be produced at Mustang factory (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as Mustang GT and modified into a Mustang Shelby GT at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This vehicle will be:

Special edition produced in limited volume – Approximately 2,100 units

Convertible now available, in addition to Coupe

One Exterior Color Available: Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic with Silver Le Mans and side stripes

Upfitter Package: Dealership will be billed through dealer payment statement for Mustang GT and 54U option code (Shelby GT Upfitters Package). This process is the same as any other Mustang that comes from Ford. The 54U option will show on Ford Window sticker and be priced at:

Coupe-$2,040 MSRP

Convertible-$2,140 MSRP

Shelby Conversion:

$9,500* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

$11,800* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

* Dealer charge include $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax

Question: How will Shelby GT Mustang be allocated?

Answer - Allocation and Distribution –

Production allocated based on Share of Nation – 2006 model year Mustang retail sales

Question: When will the Shelby GT begin production?

Answer - Production Timing

AAI production scheduled begins August, 2007, concluding November, 2007

SAI production scheduled to begin September, 2007

Question: Are there any commodity constraints?

Answer – Automatic Transmissions

Manual transmission available at free demand!

Automatic transmission are Not a "Must Use" but can not exceed a maximum of 25%

Question: Does this vehicle carry the normal warranty for a Ford Vehicle?

Answer – Ford Warranty

Vehicle is sold to customer with amended new vehicle limited warranty

Customer acknowledges vehicle has been modified with their signature on form

Base Mustang has original factory warranty

Answer – Shelby Warranty

Shelby modified components include a 3/36 warranty.

Description of modifications included in Shelby GT owners guide supplement.

This supplement along with Amendment to New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form located in vehicle glove compartment

Please contact Ford Racing Warranty call center (800-367-3788) with questions regarding these documents

Answer – Ford Racing Performance Parts

Ford Racing Performance Parts include a 3/36 warranty.

Description of parts included in Shelby GT owners guide supplement.

*edited to remove dead link and make this a LOT easier to read, thanks grabber!

....your link leads to a user sign on page. Perhaps this is what you were trying to show us:

Program Detail:

Manual transmission (Free Demand)

Automatic transmission is not a “must use” but will be controlled to a maximum of 25%

2008MY Shelby GT will only come with the polished 18" Bullitt wheel

54U upfitter option price will remain the same but air bags are no longer part of option (now standard on '08MY Mustang

Dealer billing will remain the same as 2007MY. Dealer P&A account will be billed for Shelby Modification upon gate release

MSRP will appear on separate Shelby window sticker

Based on dealer feedback, expect ~ 70% mix of convertibles (give or take 10%)

All units will be produced prior to Job #2 (June 25, 2007 until no later than Nov 30, 2007)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelby Modifications

Ford Racing Performance Parts Content

FR Power Upgrade Package (319 HP)

cold air intake

mufflers

premium fuel calibration

FR Handling Package

front and rear sway bars

tuned dampers, springs, bushings

cross-tower brace

FR short-throw shifter (manual only)

Upgraded rear axle (3.55 AT)

Appearance Items

Hood Pins and Hood Scoop

Shelby grille insert and Pony badge

Shelby Racing and Body Side stripes

“Shelby GT” sill plate & floor mats w/ Shelby Logo

Shelby dash plaque, under-hood engine plaque

“Powered by Ford” fender badges

Shelby Light Bar (Convertible Only)

.......I don't know where your Ordering got Grabber Orange maybe he is confused with an upcoming BOSS?????

Posted this earlier, on our club's forum:

Dealer News on the 2008 Shelby GT

When I brought this up with our Ordering manager, he says that he was told they would only be in Grabber orange? I haven't found that in writing anywhere, but figured I'd throw in what I've heard. Maybe with the earlier build out and low build # on the Shelby GT they already have a new specialty in line?

I don't even work at a dealership and I know that is Bunk information !

I do work at a dealership, and this is the information:

Program Details:

The following information outlines 2008 MY Shelby GT program, which begins production as "limited edition" in August. Included are details on: product, allocation, production timing, ordering and billing process, delivery, and warranty policy.

2008 Model Year Shelby GT is collaboration between Ford Mustang Program Team, Ford Racing, and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). Vehicle will be produced at Mustang factory (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as Mustang GT and modified into a Mustang Shelby GT at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This vehicle will be:

One Exterior Color Available: Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic with Silver Le Mans and side stripes

Upfitter Package: Dealership will be billed through dealer payment statement for Mustang GT and 54U option code (Shelby GT Upfitters Package). This process is the same as any other Mustang that comes from Ford. The 54U option will show on Ford Window sticker and be priced at:

Coupe-$2,040 MSRP

Convertible-$2,140 MSRP

Shelby Conversion:

$9,500* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

$11,800* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

Production allocated based on Share of Nation – 2006 model year Mustang retail sales

Answer – Ford Warranty

Answer – Shelby Warranty

This supplement along with Amendment to New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form located in vehicle glove compartment

Please contact Ford Racing Warranty call center (800-367-3788) with questions regarding these documents

*edited to add more Q&A information.

Ford announced today in a letter to all thier dealers that in 2008 there will be 2100 Shelby GT's made in Vista Blue with Silver stripes. Both Coupe and Vert will be available. Since you work at a dealership you should be able to pull up that Ford document and post it.

Come on! :rant:

that was what i was doing :)

and i was trying to give some props for the mustang club i'm in.

i just forgot about outside linking.

thanks for your patience :D

Can you post the 5/31/07 letter that you got today in regards to the 2100 blue Shelby GT's that are comming out in 2008. I have read it but do not have a copy of it.

BTW your linky in post one goes to a log in page now.

We need facts.

Several days ago, I thought I saw somewhere on this site whare someone within the Shelby company had stated that Shelby was going to be committed to building 8000 modivfied Mustangs during the 2008 model run.

According to this announcment, the are building aprox 2100 GTS. We've heard that there will be aprox 1000 GT500KR's. That leaves aprox 4,900 unaccounted modified Mustangs. i wonder what else they have up their sleeves?

2,100 units ain't much. I wonder if they realized they built too many for 2007 and have decided to scale back? And 2,100 includes the convertible, which Ford apparently believes will account for 75% of the build-out.

That means 2008 S-GT coupes will be limited to 525 units, which should make them nice and rare. Grabber Orange would have been cool, but Vista Blue will look sharp with those silver stripes and HID headlights.

Don't get me wrong (I've owned 4 blue Mustangs), but I don't think Vista Blue with Silver stripes sounds right. Black, white, alloy, or vapor would be much better choices to put silver stripes on, IMHO. If I were looking for a Shelby GT, I would much prefer a 2007 SGT Coupe given the 2008 announcement!

I'll bet they are finding out that they can't turn them out as quickly and in the quantities the first thought. Either that, or they aren't selling as first hopped, and if that is the problem, it is most likely the fault of the ADM's.

I'm with you on the Blue. It's a very pretty color, but it's a color that requires a personal taste in the color Blue. And, if they are going to make just one color, blue is a strange choice.

You gotta figure that they are dancing around white with blue stripes, most likely saving it for the GT350 if and when it comes down the line.

I personally read the letter today on a dealers screen logged on to the Ford dealer site. The letter was dated 5/31/07 and was recieved at the dealer today 6/1/07.

2100 Shelby GT's units total

One color only......Vista Blue with Silver Stripes.

A mix of Coupes and Verts.

Can one of our dealer members post the entire Document ?

I personally read the letter today on a dealers screen logged on to the Ford dealer site. The letter was dated 5/31/07 and was recieved at the dealer today 6/1/07.

2100 Shelby GT's units total

One color only......Vista Blue with Silver Stripes.

A mix of Coupes and Verts.

Can one of our dealer members post the entire Document ?

Here you go..............

May 31, 2007

Program Details:

For more detailed information regarding specs and key content, please reference attached Shelby GT Information Packet.

Individual allocation questions should be directed to your Ford Division Zone Manager

Question: How do I order a Shelby GT Mustang?

Answer -

Regional Office / Zone Manager will notify individual dealers of available allocation.

1. Orders placed in CONCEPS as a Mustang GT (T82 or T85)

2. Choose Array: Deluxe (130A, 170A) or Premium (140A, 180A)

3. Add: (54U) Shelby GT Upfitter Package; this option code is exclusive to Shelby GT

4. MUST ADD SHELBY SHIP-TO-CODE: 88WKH7 (Additional transportation of units with incorrect / no ship-to-code will be charged to ordering dealership)

5. Order other optional content as desired. See attached information packet for details on excluded options

Question: How will I be billed for the Shelby GT MUSTANG?

Answer -

$1,714 WSD for automatic transmission ($2,040 MSRP)

$1,798 WSD for manual transmission ($2,140 MSRP)

NOTE: Unit drafted to dealership floor plan at gate release from AAI (normal drop-ship process)

Shelby Conversion: Shelby Automobiles Incorporated conversion amount charged to Dealership's Part Statement (P&A code) upon "Gate Release" from AAI. This billing will also include shipping from Shelby in Las Vegas to the dealership. Charge appears under "Miscellaneous" section of Parts Statement as separate line item, and will include vehicle VIN#, a phone number for questions, and total billing

$8,390* WSD for Shelby GT Coupe ($9,500** MSRP on Shelby window sticker)

$10,390* WSD for Shelby GT Convertible ($11,800** MSRP on Shelby window sticker)

* Shelby MSRP includes 13% dealer margin (does not include holdback)

WSD amount should be applied to vehicle transaction at the time of sale to the consumer

Question: How will the vehicle be identified as a Shelby GT Mustang?

Answer:

GT Upfitters Package shown on Monroni Label

SAI modifications shown on Shelby Addendum Window Sticker w/MSRP

Direct questions to Program Headquarters at 800-367-3788

Question: How will the vehicle be shipped?

Answer:

Vehicle "drop-shipped" from Mustang factory (AAI) to Shelby Automobiles (SAI) Las Vegas, where Shelby GT modifications take place.

Unit drafted to dealership floor plan at gate release from AAI (normal drop-ship process, as noted above)

SAI will ship completed vehicle to dealership via car carrier contracted by Ford Motor Company transportation services

Delivery time will vary based on logistical factors; entire process is estimated to average 6-8 weeks from gate release from AAI through delivery to dealership

Dealer responsible for inspecting vehicle for transportation / carrier damage

Question: What to I have to do differently from a vehicle and customer delivery standpoint?

Answer - Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Dealer to perform standard PDI, and submit claim through the normal process

SAI performs inspection of Shelby GT modifications prior to shipping

Contact Ford Racing Warranty call center (800-367-3788) for warranty instructions If issues identified with Shelby GT modifications

Answer - Customer Delivery

Dealer to perform standard delivery process including Delivery Checklist.

At the time of delivery to the customer, dealer must review the following with the customer:

Shelby GT Owner's Guide Supplement

Amendment to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form

Both documents located in the vehicle glove compartment

Customer and dealership employee must sign warranty amendment form.

Signed warranty amendment form should be retained in sales jacket (consistent with Ford vehicle sales document retention requirements)

Answer – Ford Warranty

Answer – Shelby Warranty

Question: How does the dealership provide warranty repairs on this vehicle?

Answer – Normal warranty procedures

Each Shelby GT VIN will be loaded in OASIS

When consumer comes in for service, Service Advisor will be instructed via OASIS message to contact Ford Racing Warranty call center (800-367-3788) for instructions and repair approval

Dealership submits normal 1863 warranty form for payment with approval code

Here you go..............

May 31, 2007

Product Description

2008 Model Year Shelby GT

2100 units

Can you say ADM !

I do work at a dealership, and this is the information:

I am glad you went in and cleaned up your post number 1 and posted facts. This is the kind of information we appreciate from our dealer members.

You had me very confused with your original post since I had read the letter this morning about the 2100 blue cars at my dealers and you had posted information about a Grabber Orange Shelby GT which I knew was bunk info.

You get 20 lashes for that---------------> :finger:

:hysterical:

Take it easy Grabber, Hes one of the best and a personal friend. He has helped out a lot of our mustang faithful and my club he was trying to link to.

Roger

Roger,

I will go find SCGT500 and pick on him now.

I was just miffed at the original first post, since I knew the facts and the thread was in error.

It is fixed now and all is well. No big deal.

Now where is poop dog...I got to kick the dog. :hysterical:

It's all good :) though my ordering manager threw me off with the grabber orange comment too. actually i knew that would get you to post here grabber :P

here's my take on the build

They told us originally(back in november? december 2006). There will be 9000 shelby GTs built. We assumed they meant for 2007. If anyone has seen the numbers...it is more like 6000 2007s. so if we count in the 2100 or so 2008s, that comes in pretty close, or the EXACT numbers are right on.

I REALLY like the convertible idea.

2007 Shelby GTs started moving pretty quickly for us about a week ago. we ended up with 13, as many dealers would not accept them. we've sold at least 5 within the last couple of weeks, and one of my managers says we have several more on the way.

It's all good :) though my ordering manager threw me off with the grabber orange comment too. actually i knew that would get you to post here grabber :P

here's my take on the build

They told us originally(back in november? december 2006). There will be 9000 shelby GTs built. We assumed they meant for 2007. If anyone has seen the numbers...it is more like 6000 2007s. so if we count in the 2100 or so 2008s, that comes in pretty close, or the EXACT numbers are right on.

I REALLY like the convertible idea.

2007 Shelby GTs started moving pretty quickly for us about a week ago. we ended up with 13, as many dealers would not accept them. we've sold at least 5 within the last couple of weeks, and one of my managers says we have several more on the way.

Today when I was at a dealership in St Helens Oregon, they had a black Shelby GT (Basic one) and they wanted 51K for it. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

They said they had dealers calling them wanting to buy it for 2K over MSRP, but they were holding out for the big bucks.

Today when I was at a dealership in St Helens Oregon, they had a black Shelby GT (Basic one) and they wanted 51K for it. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

They said they had dealers calling them wanting to buy it for 2K over MSRP, but they were holding out for the big bucks.

:hysterical2:

I'm happy to have my white 07 with the silver stripes. :happy feet:

We sold our first SGT a few months ago for $6K over MSRP, but I'm guessing the next 3 we have arriving soon will sell much closer to MSRP. We've got a waiting list for SGT's, but it is nothing compared to our GT500 list. If anyone's looking to get a white or black SGT before SAI goes to vista blue, look me up and let's talk.

On a side note, our first 07 SGT is available for sale now as a used car (by our customer who purchased it - not us). He is going through a nasty divorce and needs to dump the car ASAP and knows he's gonna lose his shorts on it. Black with manual trans. Charcoal leather, interior upgrade package, etc. Only has 750 miles on it and he hasn't even titled or licensed it yet, but will need to before he can sell it so it'll be a used car no matter what. He picked up this car at SAI via the "museum delivery." PM me for details if you're interested in speaking with him about buying this one.

....can you tell us what CSM number?

HI THERE I ORDERED A GT 500 08. I WAS WONDERING YALL THOUGHTS ON WHICH CAR WILL HOLD VALUE ARE BE WORTH MORE MONEY LATER ON. THINKING ABOUT MAYBE TRADING FOR A SHELBY GT IN STEAD OF A FACTORY SHELBY GT 500. I LIKE THE DOUM. ON SGT.I THINK SGT WILL BRING MORE THAN THE GT 500. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI THERE I ORDERED A GT 500 08. I WAS WONDERING YALL THOUGHTS ON WHICH CAR WILL HOLD VALUE ARE BE WORTH MORE MONEY LATER ON. THINKING ABOUT MAYBE TRADING FOR A SHELBY GT IN STEAD OF A FACTORY SHELBY GT 500. I LIKE THE DOUM. ON SGT.I THINK SGT WILL BRING MORE THAN THE GT 500. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the GT500 are still hard to get, my guess is that The GT500 will hold better value in the future. It is just my opinion.

Archived