TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 Price Increase!

Looks like only a $1,000 increase on MSRP for the 2008 GT500

No other info released yet other than this:

2008 MODEL YEAR MAJOR PRODUCT ACTIONS

Ford Division

Mustang standardizes side air bags for the 2008 Model Year. New option packages include the V6 Safety & Security Package ($995 MSRP) and the Warriors in Pink Package ($1,545 MSRP). New stand alone options include HID Headlamps ($525 MSRP), Ambient Lighting ($295 MSRP) and an 18" Polished Aluminum Wheel for the V6 Premium Coupe ($925 MSRP). The MSRP of the Shelby GT500 Coupe and Convertible both increase by $1,000 and the "Make-it-my-Mustang" national discount packages for the V6 Premium array are eliminated. Additionally, the V6 ordering complexity has been simplified by eliminating low take rate options.

No other info released yet other than this:

2008 MODEL YEAR MAJOR PRODUCT ACTIONS

Ford Division

Mustang standardizes side air bags for the 2008 Model Year. New option packages include the V6 Safety & Security Package ($995 MSRP) and the Warriors in Pink Package ($1,545 MSRP). New stand alone options include HID Headlamps ($525 MSRP), Ambient Lighting ($295 MSRP) and an 18" Polished Aluminum Wheel for the V6 Premium Coupe ($925 MSRP). The MSRP of the Shelby GT500 Coupe and Convertible both increase by $1,000 and the "Make-it-my-Mustang" national discount packages for the V6 Premium array are eliminated. Additionally, the V6 ordering complexity has been simplified by eliminating low take rate options.

That's less than I expected....that's less than a 3% inflation factor....pretty good deal. If you had the money in hand one year ago, and invested it at a safe 5.25% (Countrywide bank), you would have received ~$2,250 in interest, so in essence you'd experience a $1,250 REDUCTION in price on the car. I realize it's "funny math", but just pointing out the possibilities.

AD

That's less than I expected....that's less than a 3% inflation factor....pretty good deal. If you had the money in hand one year ago, and invested it at a safe 5.25% (Countrywide bank), you would have received ~$2,250 in interest, so in essence you'd experience a $1,250 REDUCTION in price on the car. I realize it's "funny math", but just pointing out the possibilities.

AD

..by that my friend, think how much your "shelby" would be worth in 30 years if you just banked the money instead of actually buying the shelby :hysterical2:

..now if you could use this same logic and get your wife to live in a camper out in the woods, think how much your "house" would appreciate :hysterical:

man, I just figured out a way for all of us to get rich :happy feet:

Thanks for all the awesome information SHELBY DUDE. You mentioned on another post that the '08 might be the last year of the GT 500?

Have you heard something?

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION SHELBY DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN WHEN DO YOU THINK PRICE WILL BE OUT.ORDERED CAR BUT STILL HAVE TO SAVE A LITTLE MORE FOR INCREASE AND SEEMS LIKE GAS TAX.THANKS AGAIN HAVE GOOD WEEK END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the awesome information SHELBY DUDE. You mentioned on another post that the '08 might be the last year of the GT 500?

Have you heard something?

Ford has always said this was going to be only a two year production only. 07 and 08.

They still say 08 is it. SVT says 08 is it.

Whether they change that or not I wouldn't know. If they were to build this again for 09 it would probably be a late announcement near the very end of the 08 production.

Also, the 09 mustangs is suppose to be a new redesigned mustang again. So even if they did decide to build a GT500 for 09 would be an entirely different mustang from the 07 and 08.

Ford says they plan to add a new specialty mustang every year. So I suspect after the GT500 for 08 we will see things to replace this like the Boss, Mach 1, etc.

There has been speculation of a GT350. But this has been speculation that SAI would be doing it if they did. Maybe Ford would be the one to build it like they did with the GT500. Who knows?

I was told earlier this year that the Boss was suppose to come out next which is what is to replace the GT500. But they may do something else instead like the Mach 1 or a GT350 or whatever. Only time will tell for sure.

The revised Mustang body style is due out in 2009 and a 2010 model, by the way. That model is expected to have a smaller version of the all-new Hurricane V8 that debuts in the 2009 F-150's starting in 2008. The F-150's get a 6.2L version (replacing the 5.4L Triton V8), while the Mustang gets a 5.8L tops (and likely just in the Boss Mustang, as ShelbyDude mentioned). Smaller V8's should still be available in the standard Mustang GT offering (perhaps the 4.6L 3V lives on for a few more years?).

Our contract for GT500 still says 2007 and 2008 only, as ShelbyDude mentioned. 2009 GT500's (if the decision is made to extend to a 3rd year) would be a carryover car with the same body style as the 2007-8's. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd year given the popularity of GT500's. Ford's making money on them, dealers are making money on them; would be silly to pull the plug on a cash cow (marketing term and in no way a reference to a GT500's curb weight).

My understanding of 2008 GT500 MSRP is that with the $1,000 MSRP increase, the base MSRP for a coupe would be just shy of $44K + the incremental difference in the gas guzzler tax from 2007 to 2008. Add in the options available and MSRP will run in the $44K to $48K range for coupes. Verts are roughly $5K more, so MSRP will be in the $49K to $53K range. ADM's for coupes will likely stay strong all year, but taper off a bit as GT500KR production comes online next spring. I have no crystal ball, but expect the national average for ADM's to stay in the $10K to $15K range for coupes for early 08's, while late 08's may by in the $5K to $10K range. Convertibles don't seem to be pulling as high of ADM's, so it is very likely that their higher MSRP will be offset by their lower ADM making them about the exact same transaction price as their coupe bretheren.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 2 2007, 12:36 AM) 156922[/snapback]
The revised Mustang body style is due out in 2009 and a 2010 model, by the way. That model is expected to have a smaller version of the all-new Hurricane V8 that debuts in the 2009 F-150's starting in 2008. The F-150's get a 6.2L version (replacing the 5.4L Triton V8), while the Mustang gets a 5.8L tops (and likely just in the Boss Mustang, as ShelbyDude mentioned). Smaller V8's should still be available in the standard Mustang GT offering (perhaps the 4.6L 3V lives on for a few more years?).

Our contract for GT500 still says 2007 and 2008 only, as ShelbyDude mentioned. 2009 GT500's (if the decision is made to extend to a 3rd year) would be a carryover car with the same body style as the 2007-8's. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd year given the popularity of GT500's. Ford's making money on them, dealers are making money on them; would be silly to pull the plug on a cash cow (marketing term and in no way a reference to a GT500's curb weight).

My understanding of 2008 GT500 MSRP is that with the $1,000 MSRP increase, the base MSRP for a coupe would be just shy of $44K + the incremental difference in the gas guzzler tax from 2007 to 2008. Add in the options available and MSRP will run in the $44K to $48K range for coupes. Verts are roughly $5K more, so MSRP will be in the $49K to $53K range. ADM's for coupes will likely stay strong all year, but taper off a bit as GT500KR production comes online next spring. I have no crystal ball, but expect the national average for ADM's to stay in the $10K to $15K range for coupes for early 08's, while late 08's may by in the $5K to $10K range. Convertibles don't seem to be pulling as high of ADM's, so it is very likely that their higher MSRP will be offset by their lower ADM making them about the exact same transaction price as their coupe bretheren.

"Our contract for GT500 still says 2007 and 2008 only, as ShelbyDude mentioned. 2009 GT500's (if the decision is made to extend to a 3rd year) would be a carryover car with the same body style as the 2007-8's. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd year given the popularity of GT500's. Ford's making money on them, dealers are making money on them; would be silly to pull the plug on a cash cow (marketing term and in no way a reference to a GT500's curb weight)."

So WHY in the world are they reducing the number of GT500's being built for 08???? With such a hot seller with the high demand for these why wouldn't they build MORE in 08 instead of less?

According to our Ford rep they built between 10K - 11K 07 GT500's. They will build only 8K for 08. Plus the 1000 KR's. This came out after having a heated exchange over SVT dealers getting shafted out of their 08 allocation. The reason is because Ford is building a lot less for 08. Of course the 07 allocation was originally based on only 7K units per year, then later updated to 8K units per year. Then they ended up building 10 - 11K units for 07, which all those extra units went to dealers based on share of nation. Plus we have about 1,000 less dealerships than there was a year ago. So same initial 8K to be built, 1,000 less dealers to go around, and all SVT dealers are getting shafted out of their promised allocation because they are building 2K - 3K less GT500's for 08 that were built in 07, even though the 8K they are building is the exact number they based the 07 allocation on which is written in the agreement all dealers had to sign to enroll to get this car. Plus the 1,000 KR's for 08.

It doesn't add up nor does it make sense. I say it is just a lame excuse to feed the higher volumn dealers more units. So everything will be based on share of nation. There are less than 1100 SVT Focus and Full Line SVT dealers combined. That was a year ago before losing about 1,000 dealerships. So some of those were probably SVT dealers as well.

What really stinks about all this is Ford has a written agreement that obligates them to give these dealers the same allocation for 08 they got in 07. Talk about the dealers that shafted a lot of customers that had purchase agreements with customers on this car that later backed out and told their customers to basically stick it, they are not getting one now.....well here is Ford Motor Company basically doing the exact same thing to their SVT dealers! Ford is leading by example that it is OK to shaft anyone!

How can Ford step in and do anything about their dealers treating their customers fairly when Ford themself won't even treat their own dealers fairly??? Ford does not honor their own contracts!

Isn't the # of GT500's a function of the total # of ALL Mustangs build (V6, GT, SGT etc)? Example: 5, 10, 20% (whatever the number is) of production will be GT500.

Aren't total Mustang sales falling as a whole?

Maybe that's why less GT500's in 2008.

Just thinking out loud... just a guess on my part.

Wow. I'm amazed that's all it increased. I know the last thing they'd want is to dampen demand with a big jump in MSRP; but $1K seems quite conservative to me.

As always, thanks for the info, SD.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 2 2007, 12:36 AM) 156922[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The revised Mustang body style is due out in 2009 and a 2010 model, by the way. That model is expected to have a smaller version of the all-new Hurricane V8 that debuts in the 2009 F-150's starting in 2008. The F-150's get a 6.2L version (replacing the 5.4L Triton V8), while the Mustang gets a 5.8L tops (and likely just in the Boss Mustang, as ShelbyDude mentioned). Smaller V8's should still be available in the standard Mustang GT offering (perhaps the 4.6L 3V lives on for a few more years?).

"Our contract for GT500 still says 2007 and 2008 only, as ShelbyDude mentioned. 2009 GT500's (if the decision is made to extend to a 3rd year) would be a carryover car with the same body style as the 2007-8's. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd year given the popularity of GT500's. Ford's making money on them, dealers are making money on them; would be silly to pull the plug on a cash cow (marketing term and in no way a reference to a GT500's curb weight)."

So WHY in the world are they reducing the number of GT500's being built for 08???? With such a hot seller with the high demand for these why wouldn't they build MORE in 08 instead of less?

According to our Ford rep they built between 10K - 11K 07 GT500's. They will build only 8K for 08. Plus the 1000 KR's. This came out after having a heated exchange over SVT dealers getting shafted out of their 08 allocation. The reason is because Ford is building a lot less for 08. Of course the 07 allocation was originally based on only 7K units per year, then later updated to 8K units per year. Then they ended up building 10 - 11K units for 07, which all those extra units went to dealers based on share of nation. Plus we have about 1,000 less dealerships than there was a year ago. So same initial 8K to be built, 1,000 less dealers to go around, and all SVT dealers are getting shafted out of their promised allocation because they are building 2K - 3K less GT500's for 08 that were built in 07, even though the 8K they are building is the exact number they based the 07 allocation on which is written in the agreement all dealers had to sign to enroll to get this car. Plus the 1,000 KR's for 08.

It doesn't add up nor does it make sense. I say it is just a lame excuse to feed the higher volumn dealers more units. So everything will be based on share of nation. There are less than 1100 SVT Focus and Full Line SVT dealers combined. That was a year ago before losing about 1,000 dealerships. So some of those were probably SVT dealers as well.

What really stinks about all this is Ford has a written agreement that obligates them to give these dealers the same allocation for 08 they got in 07. Talk about the dealers that shafted a lot of customers that had purchase agreements with customers on this car that later backed out and told their customers to basically stick it, they are not getting one now.....well here is Ford Motor Company basically doing the exact same thing to their SVT dealers! Ford is leading by example that it is OK to shaft anyone!

How can Ford step in and do anything about their dealers treating their customers fairly when Ford themself won't even treat their own dealers fairly??? Ford does not honor their own contracts!

What is the list price of the 2007 Shelby GT500 ?????

Thank you

Vehicles Order Bank Opening Price List Availability Date

Mustang Already Open Mid June

Crown Victoria Already Open Already Available

Fusion Already Open Early July

Ranger Already Open Late May

Expedition Already Open Early June

Explorer Already Open Mid June

Sport Trac Already Open Mid June

Edge Early July Early September

F-150 Mid June Late July

E-Series Early June Late June

Sorry, but I'm only listing fords :P anything more than mustangs seemed like overkill here anyways!

Tried to edit to fix format...no luck

Vehicles Order Bank Opening Price List Availability Date

Mustang Already Open Mid June

Crown Victoria Already Open Already Available

Fusion Already Open Early July

Ranger Already Open Late May

Expedition Already Open Early June

Explorer Already Open Mid June

Sport Trac Already Open Mid June

Edge Early July Early September

F-150 Mid June Late July

E-Series Early June Late June

Sorry, but I'm only listing fords :P anything more than mustangs seemed like overkill here anyways!

Tried to edit to fix format...no luck

So I'm guessing that the "Official" price list with options etc. will be out in about 2-3 weeks?

Here is my window sticker. This should help.

For a 2007 GT500 Coupe:

MSRP: $40,930

Options MSRP:

Shaker 1000: $1,295

Nav System: $1,995

Inter Upgrade: $595

Sirius Sat: $195

Dest Charge: $745

Gas Guz Tax: $1,300

So with a 1,000 Increase the 2008 GT500 should be:

MSRP: $41,930

All the rest should be the same with the additional Options as

ShelbyDude Pointed out of:

HID lights: $525

Ambient light: $295

Shaker 1000: $1,295

Nav System: $1,995

Inter Upgrade: $595

Sirius Sat: $195

Dest Charge: $745

Gas Guz Tax: ?????

But if you read KCMO-GT500 Post about GG Tax, their may not be a 08 Increase:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=8618

I think with the numbers above most people should be able to get pretty close

to figuring out what their MSRP will be with the options they want.

Hope this helps !!! :shift::shift::shift: at least until the REAL PRICE LIST COMES OUT !!!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Any Guesses on when the official pricing will be out? I am kind of impatient because my dealer will not give me a price till he gets the official price. I am still hoping for MSRP but I may be dreaming.

If your dealer was selling for MSRP then he would just say whatever MSRP is will be the price. So my guess is you are dreaming.

Why would he need to wait for official pricing to give you a price of MSRP? Makes no sense at all.

Ford said pricing will be posted sometime by mid June. So anytime now.

Archived